"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #4101
Certified Cake Maniac

I really feel for you Susan. Our flood was 2 months ago now, and we still have contractors, delivery people, insurance people all saying they will come by at certain times or call with information and never do. I am really hoping this will all be done in the next couple of weeks.

Sears here has usually been pretty good, though I do remember our stove was supposed to take two days to arrive and we got it a month later, 2 days before I was cooking a Christmas dinner!

Make sure when you talk to them tomorrow that you really make them pin down a time and call YOU Sunday morning to confirm that they are coming

http://beinglydia.com
Old 01-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #4102
Executive Chef

After our fire, we had deliveries from Habitat and they were so good. They rang a few days before to remind us and then the driver rang when he was about half an hour away so you were ready.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #4103
Master Chef

More of a frustration than vent. I get so frustrated with websites that use Adobe flash player in different versions. For instance one site uses Flash player 10 , another site uses version 8 . I can't view videos that uses 8 because I have 10 installed , those version 8 videos just will not play. I have tried switching versions by uninstalling 10 and putting 8 on but I still could not view the videos.
Even tho I can't hear what is being said I can sometimes follow the procedure. The videos are cooking and baking ones.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #4104
Master Chef

This time I am venting. Hubby wants to let Tuxie loose in the house, it is too soon !
I have Tuxie in the dog pen , which is in the dining area so the cats can get used to each other . So far, the 5 resident cats have not hissed or swiped at Tuxie and Tuxie has not either but then the cats don't get close enough , nose to nose anyway. The resident cats either sit about 10 feet away or just ignore Tuxie. For once I wish hubby would go to sleep like he usually does and just leave things to me !
Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #4105
Senior Cook

OOOH, venting...I like this thread ;)

You know what really gets me going? When some jerk at a four way stop doesn't have the patience to wait till I have cleared the intersection before entering it. What if he gets the timing off? Or I have to slam on the breaks because some kid is walking by? It seems pretty simple to me but this happens to me all the time, happened today and it was really really close.

I am a nanny I always have Julia with me ( an adorable three year old). Don't they have any idea what they are risking? Morons.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #4106
Executive Chef

I will join you in that vent - not only with junctions but general the quality of driving is poor - people only thinking of their "need" and not considering other road users.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #4107
Master Chef

BIL is now stage 4 Mesotheleoma. I don't understand!! He looked better than I have seen him since he's been sick, last Saturday!! I can't stand this!! I don't know if I can do this again!!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #4108
Head Chef

^I am soooo sorry texasgirl.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #4109
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
BIL is now stage 4 Mesotheleoma. I don't understand!! He looked better than I have seen him since he's been sick, last Saturday!! I can't stand this!! I don't know if I can do this again!!
Stacy, I know you and I know how big your heart is..You can and will do it as much as it hurts, because it would hurt you more not to...If prayer helps, then know I'm sending it as I've been doing only I'll double my efforts for him, you and the family and that he may have some freedom from any pain and some peace of mind.
cj
Old 01-08-2009, 06:21 AM   #4110
Master Chef

Stacy, what do the doctor(s) have to say about this? Don't lose hope.......you know that we're here for you.......I'm so sorry for the pain and suffering that your family is going thru now............