"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #4131
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoHambre View Post
UGH my dog just ate a POUND OF LARD!... ok most of it I was using it to season CI... there was probably 8/10 of it left... I stupidly forgot and left it on the counter while I went to eat dinner. returned to the kitchen and there was Tiger licking the empty wrapper.... ARGH I do not want to deal with the ramifications of this tomorrow... at least his coat will be shiny.
There is such a thing as doggie diapers. Perhaps you need some. I would also call the vet. Poor baby.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #4132
Sous Chef

LOL Susan... I dont know about diapers.... they would have to be industrial strength... he is 80lbs of muscle. I think he can probably handle it OK... he's a big pup.

I need to not forget stuff is on the counter. He is tall enough to stand up and eat right off of it. Taking after his owner he loves the fats... he has eaten whole sticks of butter and drank my bacon grease.... one time I forgot and left an entire bowl of sausage and peppers on the stove and walked the little one...when I came back the bowl was in place and licked completely clean. and I spend $$$ on the fancy dog food

he knows he is not supposed to but if my attention is elsewhere he forages.

Tig seems OK this morning anyway. despite the cold I will take him out and let him run around a bit see if he can clean his system before I leave.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #4133
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Tig seems OK this morning anyway. despite the cold I will take him out and let him run around a bit see if he can clean his system before I leave.
To use Martha Stewart's words, "That would be a good thing."
Old 01-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #4134
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
There is such a thing as doggie diapers. Perhaps you need some. I would also call the vet. Poor baby.
Pancho, I've seen these online. So they must be available at the "Big Box" pet shops. They also have for male or female. And in different weigh sizes. Just like for babies. Poor baby. Good luck. Would be anxious to hear what the vet says.

Drs. Foster & Smith Piddle Pads®

Simple Solution® Disposable Diapers
As low as $9.99
SORRY, WRONG PIC, RIGHT SITE...
As low as $13.99
Old 01-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #4135
Master Chef

poor thing.......can you give them Immodium??? Of course I'd check with my vet........
Old 01-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #4136
Head Chef

My pipes froze and burst and my water is turned off. Plumbers will be here tomorrow or Monday hopefully. I have someone who had helped me with plumbing issues in the past. I may be stuck in for a couple days, I don't know if my garage door is frozen down or not.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #4137
Sous Chef

UGH Susan that sucks

My kitchen cold water was frozen a bit this morning but started back up... I hope they dont burst there is no basement or foundation under my kitchen because it was added on (in the 1880s) so the pipes run in the floor uninsulated for a few feet.... cant wait to rip out that crummy kitchen and get a proper foundation and insulate the pipes.

As far as my earlier vent Tig seems fine..... While I was at work the dogs must have been in kahootz with the cat because she knocked their box-o-treats off the fridge so they pigged out again. Fortunately we were low on treats maybe 1/8 bag of beggin strops and some other assorted goodies... I should have named him Pigger.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #4138
Head Chef

Pancho, my cat Pippin was a loveable mischevious boy who I loved dearly and still miss. When he was determined there was nothing that would stop him and he never learned. I think your Tig has a similar personality. It is sweet and funny as long as he doesn't cause himself health problems and you vet bills.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #4139
Executive Chef

I was wondering how Tig did today. Sounds like he has a cast-iron stomach! WooHoo! That cracks me up that he and the cat are working together. Wouldn't you love to set up a video camera when you leave for work? I'll bet it would be so funny to watch those two figuring out what to do next!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #4140
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
...As far as my earlier vent Tig seems fine..... While I was at work the dogs must have been in kahootz with the cat because she knocked their box-o-treats off the fridge so they pigged out again. Fortunately we were low on treats maybe 1/8 bag of beggin strops and some other assorted goodies... I should have named him Pigger.
My cats get into the bag of dog treats and take one out and throw it to the dog! They are really getting it out to play with and chew on a little, but it sure looks like they are giving it to Cubbie!

Barbara