"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 03:04 AM   #4141
Master Chef

so sorry to hear that, Susan...............I guess we folk in Texas shouldn't complain about our awful summers that are brutally hot and humid................our winters are actually quite nice.........hope that your plumber can sort things out for you ASAP..........

Old 01-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #4142
Sous Chef

Darn Eagles.... typical... well there goes my Superbowl menu

Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #4143
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoHambre View Post
Darn Eagles.... typical... well there goes my Superbowl menu
Fried Eagle? Eagle casserole? Eagle Nuggets? Eagle Cordon Bleu?

Barbara
Old 01-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #4144
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
so sorry to hear that, Susan...............I guess we folk in Texas shouldn't complain about our awful summers that are brutally hot and humid................our winters are actually quite nice.........hope that your plumber can sort things out for you ASAP..........
Well, the contractor is bringing his son tomorrow morning but my plumbing won't be fixed until Tuesday. Monday my mom has a doctor's appointment that I can't cancel and it is going to around 20 degrees. She also to have her pacemaker checked and see her cardiologist on Wednesday. So, I am hoping all will work out in the end. I bought lots of water, the house is warm. The garage door is stuck up, now. lol.
Life is nothing but a bowl of cherries....I was offered to stay at a friend's house but I won't leave my kitties.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #4145
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post

Barbara
Old 01-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #4146
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post

Barbara
LOL! right now i'm thinking skewered... with a side of Cardinal stew.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #4147
Everymom

Storage closet that I cleaned and organized is now piled high with crap and impassable. Argh. I just don't have it in me to clean that up right now.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #4148
Master Chef

close the door, Alix, and get a glass of wine................it's better than blood pressure medicine :):) hang in there, GF
Old 01-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #4149
Assistant Cook

I started cleaning my kitchen yesterday at 9Am and finished completely around 3:30PM. Yes it was bad, but not extremely. I washed the dishwasher and stove underneath to get that dust fur off - they are black and it really shows up. I got out the magic eraser and scrubbed the floor by the cat dishes and water. I magic erased the kitchen chairs - mainly the kids. I took a toothbrush and scrubbed the crap out the kitchen table. It is a tile top and in between the tiles have been neglected for awhile. So, all this is done. I told my kids and husband that I will kick there a$$ if this kitchen gets messy in less then 2 days. If you spill something, clean it up. If you get crumbs on the table, clean it up. Not that hard. UGH! I wake up this morning, the sink is filled with coffee splatter (like it really that hard to get the hose and rinse it). It was so shiny yesterday. By the coffee pot we have 3 canisters; sugar, creamer and something coffee. There had to be a spoonful of creamer and sugar on the counter from dh missing his cup. Then, it seems the cats got into it last night so there are little furballs blowing around. Explain to me again why I bother cleaning? I know I am OCD - but c'mon, less then 24 hours? It's just like everytime I clean the master bathroom - dh has to shave. Of course he cannot clean up after himself so there is hair all in the sink and behind the faucet (I HATE HAIR). Same with the boys bathroom, they are 8 & 4, there is no reason we should still be having pee on the seat. So, from now on, it doesn't get cleaned unless they clean it. I am sick of it. I feel like a maid, not a mom.

O.K. I feel better now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #4150
Head Chef

Well, I need the water company today to replace my water meter, the new pressure regulator is on but still I have no water and I have no idea if they will have to break cement to get to more pipe. I have been boiling bottled water to wash up and I think I will to go to my friends' house for a shower. I want to wash my hair. Hopefully, this will not drag on forever. I am beginning to grow very tired of roughing it but I know how fortunate that I am that I have electricity and heat. I am a water sign and not being able to bathe is so hard!