"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:10 AM   #4201
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Goodness. It saddens me to read about everyone's problems here. I'm sorry to hear about your situation Texasgrl. Marriage is not easy. There are many compromises to make. But if you BOTH hold on to what brought you together, both of you will find ways to make it work. Do what you feel is best for YOU.

Well this past week hasn't been the best for me. This perimenopause is not treating me all that well. I've been so moody and stressed. We took a Spring Break trip to Orlando last week with my mom and oh, let me tell you...it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I lost it trying to please everyone. My DH and kids were way ahead of us at the parks while mom and I stayed behind. I didn't like it as I wanted everyone to stay together. To make a long story short, I ended up with a severe flare up of eczema on my legs and a horrible cold during the trip. I was miserable with the burning and itching on the legs. We made it back Sunday and I've been able to sooth my legs with Aveeno products and hydrocortizones. Being home and just getting whatever I can done around here helps. Can't say I've relaxed cause I've had tons of laundry, house cleaning, cooking, and sick kids that caught my cold. Blah!

On top of it, I started cutting my daughter's first communion dress to begin sewing and realized I cut it too small. Argh! Luckily, I cut it on muslin. Now I'll have to go back and grade the pattern again. I'm so tired I should go to bed and stop whinning. Sorry but needed to vent. I feel so much better now.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:41 AM   #4202
Chef Extraordinaire

Dina,
menopause is no picnic, but we all go through it and we find ways to cope. It can be very stressful, so we need to remember to do something for ourselves, to make us feel that life is wonderful. It is, but families tend to take us for granted..Kids will let us do everything for them and forget that special hug or a thank you.. So, it's up to us to remind them..We don't have to yell or anything we just wait til they do something we want and then we give them that special quick hug and thank you and go about our business. If worse comes to worse we call a family pow wow..That is when we tell tham that from now on 3 times a week from 7-9 we are going to read that new book and we do NOT expect to be ask for anything till we get through, it has to be dire emegency to interrupt...There will be no help with home work, no ride to a friends, no making cookies for school cause we forgot... Dina you have done countless thing for them all of them, now it's your turn. And they need to listen when you ask for something simple like stying together to enjoy the park you went to..They need to understand you are due a lot of love and respect for all you do. Where would they be if you got sick? So take that time for yourself and do NOT feel guilty, you have earned it.
kades

Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #4203
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thanks CJ! I do get a thank you every evening after dinner. I do feel appreciated most of the time just overwhelmed with so much. The family is aware of my condition so they tend to keep it peaceful so I won't stress more. Right now my sink is full of dirty dishes and piles of laundry to fold on the couch. I'm waiting for the kids to come home to have them fold clothes. My little one is upstairs organizing his toys in some new drawers I got him. Yey! I did manage to sleep 8 hours so I feel good today. The eczema is slowly fading out thankfully. I'm taking it one day at a time. I know life is wonderful (just please keep reminding me dear). I know I have to make the best of what life throws at me even these hot flashes and mood swings...blah!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #4204
Certified Cake Maniac

I have another sinus infection and an infected sore inside my nose so am on high dose anti-biotic and rest once again to cure it and to make sure the infection doesn't travel to my knee. The weather is affecting my fybromyalgia and arthritis and my memory is like a sieve. I make cookies and bars for our youth group's annual retreat and got mixed up on days and times and was going to make them this morning (thinking it was Thursday) for them to take when they left Friday afternoon and they left this morning at 7:00 am.

There, I feel better, just needed to get it all out. Having my Dad here has really been a blessing because it has helped me to concentrate on someone else, eat better, get out and be up for him and Tony. But I don't want to give them my negativity so I really appreciate that I can say what I need to here.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 03-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #4205
Traveling Welcome Wagon

You are all filliing up my prayer list, but that's okay! I will continue praying for all your needs. You are all part of my family.

I don't really have a vent, but we would appreciate any and all prayers right now. We are both still out of work (looking, but not finding) and we don't qualify for any "programs." We are praying and trusting God, but some days (as I told Alix) I pray that God's plan for us isn't to witness to the "other homeless people." I know this is going to sound stupid, but I don't worry as much about the two of us being homeless as long as we are together, but I worry about Cubbie and the cats! Anyway, I really don't believe His plan is for us to be homeless, and I am praying very hard that things turn around very soon.

Speaking of praying, do you remember we asked for prayers for the birth mom of the baby my friend adopted (sadly, as you know, the baby died at 4 months old)? Well our prayers for the birth mom were answered. I'm afraid that if I go into details, this will be removed for being "religious," but if you want details you can PM me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed day!

Barbara
Old 03-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #4206
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Barbara, for your prayers. I am actually okay, just needed to get it off my chest, so to speak. I went to Costco since I wrote that (yah, so much for rest) and found my favourite cereal, regular $7.99 for the Costco size, on for $2.69 each and not out of date. I bought two and am going back for more tomorrow! So that really perked me up.

And an answer to prayer, my Dad got the medical form for his driver's license renewal (here you have to do it every year after you turn 80) and told me that if I am okay with driving him around (I am) he will not take it and turn in his license. That is a real relief for Tony, my sister and me. He is almost totally blind in one eye, very weak and his reflexes are bad from old age and arthritis.

Barbara, you know I understand your needs and already know the story of the birth mother and that you are ALL in my prayers - you and James are part of OUR family too!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 03-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #4207
Master Chef

I hope all gets better for EVERYONE!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #4208
Master Chef

STACY!!!!!!! i missed you!!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #4209
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
I hope all gets better for EVERYONE!!!
Amen!

Thanks Laurie! I am glad your dad decided not to renew his license. I don't want anything bad to happen to him. I guess I might as well come clean now, everyone. James is in trouble (lol) because I am now hopelessly in love with Laurie's dad!

Barbara
Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #4210
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
STACY!!!!!!! i missed you!!
I've been here, lol. I just have a lot of things on my plate right now. I keep my windows open and check on everyone though. Thank you and I hope all is going well with school!!