"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #4221
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
Katie, I'm so sorry you are going through the money thing. Collectors are real jerks. I think they find the worst people in the world to do some of those jobs. Hugs to you!!

Laurie, it's sad when you have to start locking things up after years of not worrying. Please think of it this way though, maybe the person that did this was in a really really bad way and has kids that were hungry. That doesn't help the loss, but, it would help with why.

ITK, I terribly sorry about your brother. Nursing homes can be horrid!! We are about to that stage of thinking about my grandmother. I hope we don't have to do it, but, if she keeps declining, we won't have a choice, as none of us are able to quit our jobs to be able to tend to her the 24/7 she needs. God Bless.

Babe, I hope you feel better really soon and your meds get steady.

Kades, don't you dare feel like that!! That dang kid needed his butt busted!! You are no more an ogre than I am a beauty queen!! LOL
You did what everyone at that party wanted to do and didn't, your sil even said so. I'm sure Carson is very thankful! I love you lady and everyone here knows there is no ogre in you unless someone messes with your babies and then, not ogre, but ,a momma bear!!
__________________

__________________
texasgirl is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 03:34 PM   #4222
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,862
Just made a post about not complaining and here I am already. Going in traffic really upsets me. Why do people drive in passing lane and go slower than the regular lane? I am sorry and certainly sorry that traffic makes me react this way! I truly believe people have no concern about others, only themselves. Believe me, I am trying to be different. Not easy.
__________________

__________________
In the Kitchen is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #4223
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Just made a post about not complaining and here I am already. Going in traffic really upsets me. Why do people drive in passing lane and go slower than the regular lane? I am sorry and certainly sorry that traffic makes me react this way! I truly believe people have no concern about others, only themselves. Believe me, I am trying to be different. Not easy.
ITK,
You just keep being a considerate driver and try not to let the goofs bother you. It's hard I know, some people do inspire road rage don't they..I have learned not to let them upset me when I'm driving,because then I would be distracted and could possibly hurt someone. So take a deep breath and ignore as best you can.
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 05:51 PM   #4224
Master Chef
 
expatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas girl living in Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,575
I don't know about the laws of different states but on TX highways and freeways it's considered and assumed that the right lanes are the slower moving lanes..........this does not imply, however, that a driver goes waaaaaaaaaaay below the speed limit in the right lane either.........nothing is worse or more scary than when a line of cars are "waylaid by two cars in the left and the right lanes going nearly the same speed limit and causing a "stack-up" behind them usually late on a Sunday afternoon when most people are trying to end a long weekend and get home to relax..........there is or are usually some impatient driver(s) who will be so frustrated that they will err on the side of proper judgement and try and "get around the pack"......did I mention that I hate driving?
__________________
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #4225
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
I don't know about the laws of different states but on TX highways and freeways it's considered and assumed that the right lanes are the slower moving lanes..........this does not imply, however, that a driver goes waaaaaaaaaaay below the speed limit in the right lane either.........nothing is worse or more scary than when a line of cars are "waylaid by two cars in the left and the right lanes going nearly the same speed limit and causing a "stack-up" behind them usually late on a Sunday afternoon when most people are trying to end a long weekend and get home to relax..........there is or are usually some impatient driver(s) who will be so frustrated that they will err on the side of proper judgement and try and "get around the pack"......did I mention that I hate driving?
Can so relate, but as I am trying to do and not complain or annoy anyone, I will continue to try to ignore as kadesma suggested. Would be most likely to happen that innocent individual would get hurt.

sorry to gripe about it but I know you have been in my situation as well. Doesn't really help when they say misery loves company in this case. Only makes the problem worse to know others are having to accept others inconsideration. Thanks for comments. Do help to know others do understand what I am frustrated about.
__________________
In the Kitchen is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #4226
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Can so relate, but as I am trying to do and not complain or annoy anyone, I will continue to try to ignore as kadesma suggested. Would be most likely to happen that innocent individual would get hurt.

sorry to gripe about it but I know you have been in my situation as well. Doesn't really help when they say misery loves company in this case. Only makes the problem worse to know others are having to accept others inconsideration. Thanks for comments. Do help to know others do understand what I am frustrated about.
ITK,
you are not annoying anyone, this why this thread is here so we can get things off our chests with our friends...Never feel you can't have a say..I enjoy your company no matter what we talk about.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #4227
Master Chef
 
expatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas girl living in Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,575
hey, I'm chiming in, too..........don't worry about what others think or might post......you're a big girl........you have a legitimate gripe......go with it.........there is NO way that you are going to satisfy everyone with your postings.......yes, of course, you want to be polite but at the same time you have some legitimate issues to bring up..........so do so and don't worry about public censure.........venting is a forum that allows one to say what is bugging them........yeah, there are very inconsiderate drivers out there.........and you have to deal with them...........and you hate them........legitimate gripe..........
__________________
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #4228
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,862
Thanks all! So grateful to see understanding about what I feel and think. Start off the day reading this gives me good feeling. Also seeing how active the birds are again is a gift too.
__________________
In the Kitchen is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #4229
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Thanks all! So grateful to see understanding about what I feel and think. Start off the day reading this gives me good feeling. Also seeing how active the birds are again is a gift too.
Good for you ITK, can I share my day with you?
I had a wonderful day with my grand son and grand daughter Ethan and Olivia, I made them breakfast and lunch,and that was fun they both are my taste testers We played outside and they helped me plant some flowers and then I just rested and watched as they played..I hated to see them leave today but I so enjoyed having them here...I feel like I use to before I got sick..That is a wonderful way to feel..So I'll give thanks tonight and smile as I go to sleep.
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #4230
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: E. Pa.
Posts: 8,281
The kitchen was reeking of gas yesterday, I can't use my oven or cooktop, there is a gas leak , so hubby had to turn off the propane tank for now, until he can get hold of the gas man to check it out the leak.

This morning I came downstairs to find a dead mouse at the bottom of the stairs. With 6 cats in the house, I am surprised not one of them ate it, which I am glad , I sure don't want to see mouse guts first thing in the morning.
__________________

__________________
LadyCook61 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.