Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have a lump in my throat that is HUGE. Sometimes when you are having a whiny little crabby fit someone give you a boot in the arse that is much needed or in this case a hug from folks who care. Thanks so much for the hugs you guys. I didn't even know I needed it.

Alix,
You have a big heart and the soup and bread will mean much more than you think to those grieving people. It will all pass soon and you'll be at peace at home. Know that what you do for others now, will come back to you in a time of need. You are a sweetheart and so compasionate.

I myself have to vent a bit too. I have been off for 2 weeks from teaching and have been so sick all this time. Seems that all the adrenaline rush kept me going strong and once I relaxed, ended up with all kinds of ailments, including a panic attach and crying spells. Sheesh! This was not ME ever before and it's scary! My doctor recommends I get a live in maid to help at home while I work or take some time off from work. She says I have too much on my plate right now and it's causing depression and severe anxiety. I will start medication as soon as I find out I don't have ulcers in my stomach because of all the stress I've been through. For those of you teachers or working mothers, can I get some input on my situation, please?

Oh Dina, that is so hard! I'm sorry my dear friend. I just sent you a PM about meal planning. You know you are in my prayers always. And I know how hard it is when you are working full time to do the dinner stuff too.

There are no easy answers Dina. The only thing I can offer is that you have to relax your standards and expectations of yourself a bit when you are trying to do the juggling thing. Don't expect your house to be perfect, and don't worry about cheating your kids of time. You won't be doing that. Just concentrate on a bit at a time and take life in smaller increments. Delegate rooms to kids to clean, (each one gets a bathroom or the play room or something) and give them extras like a laundry day or a cooking day. You're a family and you can accomplish it all if you work together. One person simply CAN'T do it all without crashing and burning. Hang in there girl, you can get through the next couple of months til Easter Break.

Dina, check your pm's - I feel for you. I am so sorry you are going through this. Do you use the crock pot? I have some great recipes for ya, it does help. Alix is right, let everyone have a job - maybe do the cleaning/laundry/grocery as a family - girl, you are on my prayer list.

So sorry your having a hard time Dina. I understand your frustration. When I was younger I really didn't care what my house looked like.......but as I got older my OCD really came out and I can't live in a house thats dirty or disorganized.....drives me crazy.....don't get me wrong I still have occasional days where I just say to heck with it.....but that just adds more work on me for the next day. I run on turbo speed when I'm doing a task ..... so I'm a whiz at multi-tasking and zoom around this house like crazy when I'm in a cleaning/pick-up mode.....so I'm able to complete the stuff really quickly thank god! Kind of like...........get out of my way our you'll be shoved on a shelf or put in a bin or if your lucky enough maybe you'll get propped up with the stuff animals at the end of Dillons bed..... :LOL: .Heck.........many days it was and is more relaxing to be at work (I work part-time) vs. being at home....:LOL:

I know when I worked full-time all the tasks still weighed on my shoulders. DH did occasionally pitch in and help with the dishes though and he's always been in charge of the garbage. I made sure that I allowed at least an extra 1/2 hour in my morning ....this allowed me to get a load of laundry in washed and thrown in the dryer and another load in the washer......that way when I got home I went straight to the laundry room and was able to tumble up the things in the dryer and then empty the washer and throw in another quick load while I started getting dinner ready. I average 3 loads of laundry a day so this always worked out well for me. I left the bed linens and anything that wasn't a daily thing for Saturday morning.

Also, during this extra 1/2 hour timeframe it allowed me to get the beds made and make a run through and pick up anything that was out of place from us getting ready in the morning. I should note I always make sure the house is picked up before I go to bed so that I have very little to worry about in the morning. Our youngest is capable of picking up after himself so thats his tasks in the evening and in the morning and DH is pretty good about picking up after himself. I just felt better knowing I was coming home to a clean/organized house. I had to really stress to DH and kids that it was their responsibility to help out by picking up after themselves.......the more they helped with this the less stressed I'd be and that equalled a happier mom.....because everyone knows if momma aint happy aint no body happy :LOL: .

As for meals I didn't make elaborate ones during the week. I used my crock pot and also would take advantage of items I'd previously froze in my freezer. For instance, when I was making spagetti on the weekend I'd make extra servings and freeze the sauce. While I was browning the meat I'd brown extra pounds of meat as well.....some with green peppers and onions some with that and garlic....some just browned ground beef. That way I always had the meat done and I could quickly throw together taco meat, chili, goulash, etc....

Every household is different and you'll just have to find the balance to make it work in yours. If that means you need to get a maid then by all means get one girl :LOL: . Hope it all works out for you!

Kids went back to school today and I'm working evenings so I will only get to see them for a few minutes each morning when they rush off to school. :( Miss them already.

Alix said:
Kids went back to school today and I'm working evenings so I will only get to see them for a few minutes each morning when they rush off to school. :( Miss them already.

Sorry Alix :( . I'm about to start a new job soon and a few days out of the week I'm only going to see mine for like an hour before and 1 1/2 after.......so I feel your pain :( .

I haven't been keeping up with reading the 85 pages of this thread, so if someone actually has SERIOUS problems, I don't mean to dismiss them and I sincerely do not mean to be insensitive to real issues.

It IS nice to have a place to vent, though! I have four relatively new pet grammatical peeves. What's with .....

1) the word "healthful" instead of healthy (FoodTV)?

2) the phrase " ... it off" after the verbs "grilling", "baking", "browning", etc. (FoodTV)?

3) "the Prom" losing the article, "the", and is now "Prom"?

4) someone's "wedding gown" now being referred to as "my dress"?

I know, I know. If those were the biggest problems I ever had, I'd be very lucky. But repressing such venting might result in spontaneous human combustion :furious: (I just watched a show on History channel about that subject and ordered a book on it. I've been fascinated with it since I was a kid).

Lee

Last edited:
SizzlininIN said:
Sorry Alix :( . I'm about to start a new job soon and a few days out of the week I'm only going to see mine for like an hour before and 1 1/2 after.......so I feel your pain :( .

Sucks doesn't it? I'm working evenings this week so that means I see one kid for about 15 minutes each morning (if I can haul my butt out of bed in time!). I just couldn't do this shift for too long, I'd have my lip sticking out so far I'd trip on it.

Qsis, I completely understand where you are coming from in terms of grammar issues. I prefer to see correct spelling/grammar too. I am fascinated with the changes language goes through though so sometimes that overshadows my irritation with some of the other stuff. Linguistics is so cool.

Alix said:
Sucks doesn't it? I'm working evenings this week so that means I see one kid for about 15 minutes each morning (if I can haul my butt out of bed in time!). I just couldn't do this shift for too long, I'd have my lip sticking out so far I'd trip on it.

Qsis, I completely understand where you are coming from in terms of grammar issues. I prefer to see correct spelling/grammar too. I am fascinated with the changes language goes through though so sometimes that overshadows my irritation with some of the other stuff. Linguistics is so cool.

Sure does...........just can't understand why I those stinking little power balls don't try harder to match my numbers :glare: .....that way I wouldn't have to worry about working a regular job.

SizzlininIN said:
Sure does...........just can't understand why I those stinking little power balls don't try harder to match my numbers :glare: .....that way I wouldn't have to worry about working a regular job.

D'OH! *forehead slap* I KNEW I forgot to do something this week! Phooey!:LOL:

Alix said:
D'OH! *forehead slap* I KNEW I forgot to do something this week! Phooey!:LOL:

:LOL: I always forget to check my numbers. I'll be the one that has the winning ticket laying around for weeks to a month and decides one day to finally check them on the computer :LOL: . I just check one today from Nov. 18th :angel:

Whatever you do, just don't forget your tickets stuffed into your trousers pocket, which are destined for the washer... just in case!!

Pook said:
Oh boy! A venting thread! Yay! I got up early this morning and splorchh! One of the cats had barfed in the hall and of course my bare foot found it. Ick. Got that cleaned up and when I went to the bathroom I discovered that my dear dog has taken down the shower curtain again! Grr. Then the mail comes, I get a rejection notice (see other thread) and then the dang garbage truck hit my mailbox! All this was before noon today. Gee I can't wait to see what the afternoon brings. I might go take a nap and start over LOL!
Hugs,
Pook

Definetly deserve a do over..............go back to bed but this time when getting get out on the others side of it..........;)

Yep. Pook, you need to go back to square one today. Yeesh what a morning!

My vent is weather. Its is cold and blizzardy out there today. Its not FREEZING, but the wind is really nasty and the snow is making the visibility really really bad. Its also polishing up the roads nicely and folks are having a heck of a time driving. The news has been about nothing but accidents today. Ken has to be out driving all day today and I just hate that. Hope all the nutjobs stay far away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom