"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #4391
Everymom

Home for Christmas at least. And some folks have to learn EVERYTHING the hard way.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #4392
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
yeah, well, he will either learn from it or not. I hope he learns!!
Let's hope so Stacy, maybe this is the kick in the fanny he needed.Some kids you can talk to til your blue in the face and they just think it won't happen to me!!!Well then learn the hard way is all that is left. I hope this does the trick Stacy, you've bailed them both out to darn many times.
kades

Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #4393
Head Chef

When my son was in jail (weekend thing, speeding ticket, 120 mph), he came out saying that the old guys in his cell liked his grandpa's corny jokes... and learned how to play gin rummy... grrrrrrrr............

Old 07-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #4394
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
My oldest is locked up for 4 months!!
tg sorry about your son. what did i miss? how did it go from 35 days to 4 months?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:17 AM   #4395
Master Chef

We were told that it was $100 a day to pay off bond, but, they were wrong. that was for THEIR time. This county goes by severity of the charge and how much they pay out on it. I'm just really surprised that it's so long for a first time offense, but, he's fine with it. He won't have probation or fines when he gets out. The lawyer told him this and said that the plea was his best bet, so he did and THEN received the sentence!! He didn't realize how long either, but, it's longer than what it would have been to keep him from probation when he gets out.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #4396
Head Chef

So, awhile ago, this last winter/spring, I talked with some folks at our local art museum about an idea incorporating cuisine and culture, how I'd love to teach some classes combining the two. Well, today I read in the paper that they are offering classes on the very same topic. As though it was something they thought of themselves. it's very disappointing because I thought these people respected me and took me seriously. I have volunteered there for years, not so much lately as I was away at cooking school out of town. But jeez.... I am soooooo tired of not being good enough or rich enough or cool enough for these pretentious people. and it hurts deeply. I thought they were friends.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #4397
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
So, awhile ago, this last winter/spring, I talked with some folks at our local art museum about an idea incorporating cuisine and culture, how I'd love to teach some classes combining the two. Well, today I read in the paper that they are offering classes on the very same topic. As though it was something they thought of themselves. it's very disappointing because I thought these people respected me and took me seriously. I have volunteered there for years, not so much lately as I was away at cooking school out of town. But jeez.... I am soooooo tired of not being good enough or rich enough or cool enough for these pretentious people. and it hurts deeply. I thought they were friends.

Sweetie - You need not say anything to prove your worth to us. I don't even live near you, and yet I'd happily give you a big hug if I could. If your local towns folk don't appreciate you, it's only because they are silly folks that need to be beat upon the head and shoulders until they can think common sense :-)

Money, nor position proves worth as much as just having a big heart, and you have that.

Bob
Old 07-15-2009, 06:02 PM   #4398
Head Chef

Thank-you!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #4399
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
Don't let fools,get you thinking you're not good enough. You are and you are head and shoulders above them.I find them dishonest and cheap and by no means friends. I do think I'd quietly let them know how dishonest I think they are and I wouldn't let them say a word, no arguments, yelling or screaming, just a quiet low voice. Then I'd turn on my heels and walk out and let them babble their explanations..Nor would I do anything to help out..I'd go about my business and find a way to help others learn from you on your time, in your way...You will find a way.
kadesma
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #4400
Sous Chef

Hey Texasgirl, sorry to hear about your son ma'am!

Wyogal, Your not alone ma'am, I'm in the same boat, but my problem is the ladies.

I'm a gentleman, I got it all pretty much but a vehicle, and I don't cheat but yet it feels like I am very broken and undatable!