"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 02:11 AM   #4401
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
Hey Texasgirl, sorry to hear about your son ma'am!

Wyogal, Your not alone ma'am, I'm in the same boat, but my problem is the ladies.

I'm a gentleman, I got it all pretty much but a vehicle, and I don't cheat but yet it feels like I am very broken and undatable!
Hang in there CC, young woman, really have'nt any idea what they want...one day one of them will grow up and you will be at the top of the list. Just keep on being YOU. A car dones not a gentleman make!!!
kadesma

Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #4402
Head Chef

Not only did they steal my idea, but the first food topic they've chosen to discuss is fruitcake. I've been giving the director and others there at the museum my special mini fruitcakes for the last couple of years. Fruitcake which they LOVE and have declared the best they've ever had....

Old 07-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #4403
Sous Chef

WG - The fact that you are above them, means you'd have to look down your nose at them. But don't give them that satisfaction. Chin up, and continue to be you.

The best revenge is living well.

They'll be jealous, and won't know what to say about it. ;-)

Bob
Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #4404
Master Chef

Minor vent.. My old microwave bit the dust. Hubby brought upstairs from the cellar, the small microwave was from his brother's house . This small unit reeks of mold!! He tried cleaning it with bleach last night. I tried this morning to clean it with vinegar and lemon juice. Would you believe hubby still uses the smelly thing? Every time he reheats his coffee in it , it blows moldy smell in the kitchen. I refuse to use the unit. He refuses to buy another one. The smell of it gives me a headache.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #4405
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
Minor vent.. My old microwave bit the dust. Hubby brought upstairs from the cellar, the small microwave was from his brother's house . This small unit reeks of mold!! He tried cleaning it with bleach last night. I tried this morning to clean it with vinegar and lemon juice. Would you believe hubby still uses the smelly thing? Every time he reheats his coffee in it , it blows moldy smell in the kitchen. I refuse to use the unit. He refuses to buy another one. The smell of it gives me a headache.

LadyCook - Have you thought about just putting it out in the garage? I think that would make your point :-)

Bob
Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #4406
Head Chef

Maybe it ought to "accidentally" fall off the counter while you are "cleaning" behind it.
If it's giving you a headache, it's making you sick. Mold is nothing to sneeze at...

Old 07-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #4407
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
what if it commits assisted suicide?
Old 07-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #4408
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperImproved View Post
LadyCook - Have you thought about just putting it out in the garage? I think that would make your point :-)

Bob
I put it outside on the porch. At this time , he does not know yet. What's funny , now one of my cats is ocuppying the space the micro was sitting in.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #4409
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Hang in there CC, young woman, really have'nt any idea what they want...one day one of them will grow up and you will be at the top of the list. Just keep on being YOU. A car dones not a gentleman make!!!
kadesma
True, but the car will get to say Oh hello didn't notice you there.

See what I'm saying?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #4410
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
True, but the car will get to say Oh hello didn't notice you there.

See what I'm saying?
Yes, I see, just remember, treat as you want to be treated...
kades