"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #441
Head Chef

AHHH,

no its ok, my step m-i-l likes opera, but hates Europe and fashion missed the entire family by!

venting does help doesn't it! I feel much better than I did when I first posted earlier!

Old 08-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #442
Everymom

YAY! Yes venting helps a LOT! Which is why I created this thread. Sometimes the petty stuff (or big stuff) gets to a point where it is scream or run around like a crazy person. LOL

Old 08-24-2006, 02:06 PM   #443
Executive Chef

I like to vent, too - but today, I've vented to a friend, so I'm able to cope with any little irritant that might be bugging me... BUT, only for today!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #444
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thank goodness for this thread. My nerves are about to explode. I've locked myself in my room several times just to let it out and cry! Argh! Can anyone tell me if there's life after teen boys? I know it's not ADD but unable to focus. Is this meaning equal to laziness? Good grief! I need patience for this stage in our lives. What's calmed me down is praying and then it starts all over again. This is not fair too because my daughter and toddler get neglected because of all the caos going on with our 12 year old. I can't believe I'm venting out here about my son but if there's anyone out there who has teenage boys, please give me some advise. I could surely use some prayers too. Sigh!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #445
Senior Cook

Been there done that 3 times with boys, twice with girls. Trust me, the girls are easier, if that is any solice. Just hang in there, they grow up waaaaaaay to fast.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #446
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Dina, this is about the time that your IQ goes waaay down and his goes waaaay up - or so he thinks!!!!!! ...and this too shall pass. Hang in there!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 09-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #447
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Mine turned 22 in June... When does it pass Kitchenelf?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #448
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Dina, I do not have a teen boy but I have a teen girl AND a toddler too - a tough mix. I feel your pain - imo you are doing the right thing - praying constantly. I might add drinking helps too.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #449
Chef Extraordinaire

Dina,
I had four kids and all four tried at one time or another to be boss!! Hard as it is and as much as you love them, don't let them run the show. You are their mom, YOU make the rules and they live in your house, although it's their home.They will respect you or else...Kids need rules and a firm hand and believe me, they will let you know it when they get older. Mine all have one way or another...If you let him see you upset, I don't mean laying down the law upset, I mean the oh dear what shall I do upset, he's won, you have to not let him see you give in. After he's in bed asleep, go outside and bawl like a baby, but don't let him know. You are going to be just fine he will get over this and he may get a few hard knocks along the way, but be there, pick him up dust him off and send out again..He's your boy and you reside in him so we all know, there is more good in him then bad Take heart mom, he does love you.

kadesma
Old 09-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #450
Head Chef

Dina..kadesma is so right. My three were all terrors at one time or another, but they all grew up....and I know they all love me...even if I was a "mean" mom. The hardest part is trusting in yourself. Sometimes we think...well....maybe....but deep down inside you know how you want it to be...and you have to stick to it. They are trying so hard to be a "man" at this age. The worst part...they don't even know what that is. I'll keep you in my prayers. I know how many tears I shed....and there's very little a person can say to someone going through this time with their child. God bless you and your family....just keep knowing that no matter what happens you have friends here...so vent away.

Closed Thread