"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #4511
Chef Extraordinaire

Ever have a small thing that bugged the devil out of you? Something others tell you to get over it? Well I don't know what is going on with my computer, but every time i go from, DC to my mail box, , I have to do the whole log in business over..It drives me to distraction..
I know as my DH and the kids say, so what, so WHAT. It makes me crazy, I have something to say and by the time I' finished, I just want to go do something else!!! And then there is this keyboard!!!!!ack
kadesma

Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #4512
Chef Extraordinaire

this is a sewing rant. i am making a baby quilt for the little girl due in oct. got it all together with the idea of quilting it, either machine or by hand. did one section on machine. hate it. it made it bunch up and looks awful.

looked for seam ripper to take it out, searched everywhere in my sewing stuff. couldn't find. then remember i put it kitchen to remove plastic from various foods.etc

then some hand quilting, don't like it either. i have always in the past just tied here and there with yarn.

now am thinking about taking large stitches with the yarn and also some tyeing. i spent two hours on the hunt for seam ripper, etc. back where i started this am.

i get really crazed when stuff like this happens. effectually i spun my wheels

Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #4513
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
this is a sewing rant. i am making a baby quilt for the little girl due in oct. got it all together with the idea of quilting it, either machine or by hand. did one section on machine. hate it. it made it bunch up and looks awful.

looked for seam ripper to take it out, searched everywhere in my sewing stuff. couldn't find. then remember i put it kitchen to remove plastic from various foods.etc

then some hand quilting, don't like it either. i have always in the past just tied here and there with yarn.

now am thinking about taking large stitches with the yarn and also some tyeing. i spent two hours on the hunt for seam ripper, etc. back where i started this am.

i get really crazed when stuff like this happens. effectually i spun my wheels
put away for the night, hand quilting seems to be the way to do. the needle for using yarn is blunt and is too hard to get through the layers.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #4514
Everymom

Egads babetoo! I sympathize. Good idea to put it away! UGH!!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #4515
Master Chef

Argggggggggggggggggggggggg husband!!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #4516
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Just got off the phone the manager of the main office whoo was calling on behalf of the Vet owner. This is getting totally ridiculous. We never made a deal out of my toes getting hurt, I just sat down for a minute to compose myself because they were very sore. The girl at the desk heard the bang and at first asked if I was okay. I said fine and we wanted to pay for our stuff and go.

SHE is the one that brought up the two cans being dented and SAID we had to pay for them. We NEVER threatened action, blamed anyone or asked for compensation. All we did was decide we weren't going to buy our food there if she was going to charge us for 2 cans when it wasn't our fault.

The Vet Owner (not one of our favourites but we love her staff and so we take our dogs there) is now saying that we harrassed her employees (both the girl regarding the cans and the Manager of the main office who was relaying the message and sounding very uncomfortable. She says that our business is no longer wanted and we can take it elsewhere. We buy very expensive food, flea medication, medication for our dog with arthritis, get check-ups yearly for each dog and have our little one groomed. We are talking a lot of business.

I am absolutely in shock. The manager was very apologetic and said she represented us in a very positive light but the vet went balistic. I am torn because now we have to find a new groomer. Joie is so fussy and the one we have is so good with him. Also the vets we see are wonderful with both dogs.

I should have just sucked it up and never let on I got hurt. I mean my toes were already painful. Under normal circumstances it wouldn't have been so bad.
Laurie - I did not even read further on this thread. So if I repeat or make a fool of myself, please forgive.

I would be so angry at "them" right now, I'd have a hard time, and would need to save my contact for the next day.

There are better operations out there. Ask you friends. I had a similar experience in regards to dental support on my own behalf.

What I learned? The callousness and poor customer support attitude for a large contingent of the staff his customers support. The endemic symptoms of poor customer service, started with the leadership of that practice.

I have since moved on to another one, where not only the staff (admin and assistants) are completely the people I can just converse with comfortably, but so is the dentist. in fact, I know quite a bit about them and their family, and they also ask when I visit, the right questions about mine.

Look around, ask for referrals from your trusted friends. If you do not live is a micro-environment. You can do better, and both you and your fur-baby will be happier.

I know.... And if anyone treats you that shoddy, and you are the paying customer, that should be your cue to move on.

Bob
Old 08-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #4517
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
My very minor vent is the weather. We had 2 weeks of what looked like summer and now its over. THAT SUCKS!
They have summer in Canada?

I would have thought you guys just changed out the flannels for normal clothes for a few weeks of the year.

Bob
Old 08-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #4518
Master Chef

Went to the eye doctor and was told I have the beginning of Macular Degeneration and Cataracts (I know they can do wonderful things now for the Cataracts) but it is the other one I am worried about. I am still in shock. I can't wait for this year to end, I wonder what is next.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #4519
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Went to the eye doctor and was told I have the beginning of Macular Degeneration and Cataracts (I know they can do wonderful things now for the Cataracts) but it is the other one I am worried about. I am still in shock. I can't wait for this year to end, I wonder what is next.
JoAnn,
I can understand your frustration,anger,fear. There are times I think what did I do to deserve this, why does life have to be so hard and ugly..There isn't much we can do but have faith and accept the prayers and good thoughts of family and friends. I've found keeping my grand children around helps. It keeps me and my mind busy so I don't dwell on the hurtful things.
I want you to know if prayer and good thoughts helps and lets you know you are cared for and loved, then know you are in my heart,thoughts and prayers each and every day.
If you need and ear, you have mine.
kades
Old 08-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #4520
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
JoAnn,
I can understand your frustration,anger,fear. There are times I think what did I do to deserve this, why does life have to be so hard and ugly..There isn't much we can do but have faith and accept the prayers and good thoughts of family and friends. I've found keeping my grand children around helps. It keeps me and my mind busy so I don't dwell on the hurtful things.
I want you to know if prayer and good thoughts helps and lets you know you are cared for and loved, then know you are in my heart,thoughts and prayers each and every day.
If you need and ear, you have mine.
kades
Thanks for caring kadesma. The eye doctor gave me a Amsler Grid to look at every day to monitor my vision. I will just have to take it one day at a time.

Closed Thread