"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #4521
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Thanks for caring kadesma. The eye doctor gave me a Amsler Grid to look at every day to monitor my vision. I will just have to take it one day at a time.
That is all we can do, take it one day at a time. I'll pray that things slow down and that they just might go away.Remember I'm here if you need a shoulder.
kades

Old 08-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #4522
Chef Extraordinaire

now you got me worried. i have been putting off exam , i shouldn't do that with diabetes. lit a fire under me.

i am so sorry joann, hope it works out for you. i am elderly . some eye issues are age related. best wishes

Old 08-22-2009, 01:49 AM   #4523
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
now you got me worried. i have been putting off exam , i shouldn't do that with diabetes. lit a fire under me.

i am so sorry joann, hope it works out for you. i am elderly . some eye issues are age related. best wishes
Hiya Babetoo, You should never ever mess with your health, it's really really bad if you do, I know if I do I could wind up in the hospital or worse!

So please get that exam, Yeah I know I'm not liked by everyone here, but I hate it when people don't look after they're health!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #4524
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
Hiya Babetoo, You should never ever mess with your health, it's really really bad if you do, I know if I do I could wind up in the hospital or worse!

So please get that exam, Yeah I know I'm not liked by everyone here, but I hate it when people don't look after they're health!
why would i not like you? that is good advice. now if u nagged me. i wouldn't like it. i am aiming for next month, it is very expensive for me to go . even with insurance. 40 buck for transpiration and maybe more to pay the deductible. we do what we can.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:52 AM   #4525
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Holy cow, Babe! I want to pay what you do. I ended up paying over $1,500 for blood work to check my hormone levels cause I felt like dying already. I had another done 1 month later for another $600. I'm still in debt with my doctor and can't afford to get more blood work done to check my levels and I'm all out of bioidentical hormones. Argh! Why do we have to go through this menopausal stages?! I absolutely hate it!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #4526
Executive Chef

Ugh! I can't sleep again! I need a whole turkey leg(tryptophan) and a bottle of wine to get me drowsy! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:00 AM   #4527
Executive Chef

Why have I stayed away for so long from DC?! I'll tell you....darn facebook has me addicted! Ugh! I love you all so much and reading up on your posts just makes my heart smile!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:01 AM   #4528
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Ugh! I can't sleep again! I need a whole turkey leg(tryptophan) and a bottle of wine to get me drowsy! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Join the club, Lately I have'nt been sleep well at all, I've been waking up at 1-3 in the morning and staying up till 8 am, that's bad for college when my classes start at 8:00 am.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #4529
Executive Chef

Chile, It'll catch up to you. Try to get some sleep.

Homework has been taking 2 hours with my little one (1st grader) then I'm off to help the older kids with ELA, Geometry or Algebra. Wow! My head is spinning trying to get dinner ready in the middle of it all! Though I got dinner done by 6, it was cold by the time we ate at 8. Ugh! I commend those moms who work full time and find time to get all their evening stuff going with family.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #4530
Master Chef

I just want to warn everyone in advance that I will be down in the dumps for awhile. Starting with the day of my accident, August 23, which also is the day that 4 years ago my mom had a massive stroke and heart attack which put her in the hospital completely paralyzed unable to breathe or swallow on her own, with a feeding tube and a respirator. Then it was discovered that she had stage 4 uterine cancer that was untreatable due to the severely weakened state she was in. I am an only child and I had to make the life and death decision by myself. I know she would not want to live on life support at all and I was getting pressured by the hospital doctors to put her on them. I signed a DNR. Then when they found the cancer that made the choice clear. First I didn't even know if she knew what happened to her or if I was even there or if she was in pain. But if she was aware or not I wasn't going to put her on support just so she could die slowly and painfully from the cancer. Her 68th birthday was September 11 and she went into hospice the next day. She passed 7 days later on September 18. She passed at 2AM and I got a call from the home saying (and these are the exact words I will never forget them) "your mother is dead and we need her body out of here within 2 hours. We have no refrigeration and it's hot." I was in shock at the way she spoke to me and by what she said I just hung up. She passed without saying one word to me from the moment she was taken to the hospital but I spent every minute I could at her side. I worked full time ran home to drop off takeout for the family, then went to hospital for 4 hours, then went to her house to clean (she was a shut in and kept everything) and I would get maybe 2 hours at home before it started the next day.

Ok I am sorry to lay all that out but I needed to let some of these emotions out on this sad anniversary. Thank you for your patience.