"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #4551
Senior Cook

Handi-Vac Discontinued

Minor but annoying.

I decided to pull out my Handi-Vac for the first time in a while. I needed bags and none were to be found at the store. So I go online to Reynold's and see that they have been discontinued.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #4552
Master Chef

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

AUTO BODY SHOP SAYS NO CAR TILL MAYBE NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!

that will be a month!!

Old 09-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #4553
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie_Amazon View Post
Minor but annoying.

I decided to pull out my Handi-Vac for the first time in a while. I needed bags and none were to be found at the store. So I go online to Reynold's and see that they have been discontinued.
i have one of those!! they are fairly new WTH? i wouldn't have bought it if i knew it was going to be disposable!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG
Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #4554
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
i have one of those!! they are fairly new WTH? i wouldn't have bought it if i knew it was going to be disposable!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

i have one too, i love it . a bummer soon won't be able to use. amazon is selling bags in boxes of 24 for 30.00 i think, plus shipping. i am thinking would just be cheaper to throw away. they said didn't sell enough.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #4555
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i have one too, i love it . a bummer soon won't be able to use. amazon is selling bags in boxes of 24 for 30.00 i think, plus shipping. i am thinking would just be cheaper to throw away. they said didn't sell enough.
i heard it works on the ziplock vac bags. i guess i will try that.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #4556
Head Chef

I get annoyed with people that ask for advice, then when they get what they ask for, are rude and disrespectful in return.
If they know so much about what they need to do, then don't ask for advice.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #4557
Executive Chef

Sometimes there is a language issue that makes people sound harsher than intended. I know the thread you are referring to. Without meaning to be rude though, I did think you were a little blunt too. So maybe it is bit of irking each other? Or maybe neither of you intended to be that way and it just comes over to the reader in those instances, fueling each other on. It does happen.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #4558
Head Chef

I just found that there was a negative remark about every helpful suggestion made. and yes, it is irksome. I was offended by the "duh!" comment. What I suggested was quite reasonable and quite frankly, common sense. I didn't need to be treated as though I was stupid for suggesting something that diet experts everywhere recommend. If you don't want it eaten, don't put it in the cupboard.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #4559
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
i heard it works on the zip lock vac bags. i guess i will try that.
how would you seal it. perfectly willing to try, no frost bite on any of my meat using the ones that came with it.

i was told once that you can use a straw to suck out all the air. lol. somehow that does not appeal. just silly
Old 09-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #4560
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
how would you seal it. perfectly willing to try, no frost bite on any of my meat using the ones that came with it.

i was told once that you can use a straw to suck out all the air. lol. somehow that does not appeal. just silly
not the regular old ziplock bags. ziplock came out with their version of the reynolds handi-vac and they have the vac bags to go with the ziplock vac machine. i read that the ziplock vac bags can be used with the handi vac machine.