Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arggggh, such a good day, such an awful evening.....the rain that came in through the ceiling on Monday is back, a remedy our landlord assured us he had done has not been done, and now water is pouring back in through the ceiling on to my one luxury purchase in Italy: my sheets and duvet cover. In tears of frustration I have pulled everything thats half dry out of the bedroom and we'll sleep on the sofa, but my guess is that our electricity is about to go again....

such a sad and pityful vent. If you don't here from me tomorrow my power is out and I'm wet! :mad:

Hey, to think I wanted the snow to come this week :ermm:

CharlieD said:
So, we were planning to go to this wedding, next week, the whole family. Father of bride just called, the wedding is off.
Called airline to refund/cansel/change the tickets, they want $150 bucks per ticket. The hotel wants half of the prepaid price. But it doesn't ends there. We were the one who were going to give the afterwards party, I don't even want to think how much it's going to cost us.
Of course we are not as bad as the parents are, but I'm still pretty mad. i probably wouldn't be if the person who cancel the wedding, the girl, was not so erogant and cocky(sp?). I'm sure in part it is her fault. Grrrrrr, I can't even begin tocomprehand what the people think about.
Well, in the end it's better that way, rather then if they got maried and got divorce latter. Hope it's all for the best. :mad:

Wow, Charlie D.!!

I'd be mad as the dickens (more heart-felt expletives do come to mind:angel:) about this. At the very least (IMHO) the family (both sides) should be "helping" you pay for any cancellation fees that you may incur from the last minute hasty calling off of this wedding. This is not in the same category as cancelling last minute dinner reservations or a dental apptmt. ( however there are some dentists that will charge you a fee if you don't give them at least 24 hours notice), so I wouldn't be surprised that you might be out some money on this. Just remember that it takes two to break up so maybe it's not all the bride's fault and if it is-----well, then as you say it's better for everyone all the way around that it happens now than afterwards. You truly have a very valid vent. VVV award!:mad::mad::mad:

kadesma said:
OLivia and Ethan are here with me..Livi has ear infection and both have been checked for RSV Ethan pneumonia.\both given steroids and in halers to make breathing easier..\\\dh and I have our handsful Ever tried to get a 1 year old to use an inhaler? Then make them take 6 deep breaths? Lord help us..I managed to get Ethan to eat some apple and banana today. Kids calling be back later,
kadesma, thanks everyone your the best.
Wow kadesma. Hugs to you and your sickies. Aidan had croup last week and has now passed it along to his brother. What can I say? He's good at sharing. Sounds like small beans compared to what's going on at your house. At least you can send them home at the end of the day. Get some rest!

Ok, I started this new job today and I was very excited to start working in the branch. (I work for a bank as a teller supervisor) My OJT(on the job trainer) was a complete "female dog". She was supposed to be showing me around the branch as to where things were and introducing me to the customers. Instead, she just sat there and talked to the other tellers, completely ignoring me and leaving me to stand there with nothing to do. I tried to engage in conversation only to get simple one word answers. I understand that I am the ugly duckling as I grew up in CT but I am going to be your supervisor...couldn't you atleast talk to me? And what kind of a first impression is that? I was so excited to get there and for what? Hopefully it was just first day jitters for them and tomorrow will be better.

kadesma , I am so sorry to hear of all the sickness and struggles that are going on in your life. I hope that everyone is feeling better and up to par. Everyone will be in my prayers, just try to maintain your energy. You seem to be a great mother to be helping out your daughters like you are...I am sure they really appreciate it. ;)

corazon90 said:
Wow kadesma. Hugs to you and your sickies. Aidan had croup last week and has now passed it along to his brother. What can I say? He's good at sharing. Sounds like small beans compared to what's going on at your house. At least you can send them home at the end of the day. Get some rest!
Thanks Cora,
It doesn't matter what out little guys have but that they are feeling awful and unhappy..The poor little guy can't really tell you much, so you just have to do the best you can. I feel so sorry for them, the droopy eyes, red cheeks from fever, the little bodies as hot as a furnace..Tonight poor Ethan knew Cade was spending the night and left in tears because he wanted to stay too.. which set off Carson and Olivia..Oy me me..
kadesma:)

Mrs. Cuillo said:
kadesma , I am so sorry to hear of all the sickness and struggles that are going on in your life. I hope that everyone is feeling better and up to par. Everyone will be in my prayers, just try to maintain your energy. You seem to be a great mother to be helping out your daughters like you are...I am sure they really appreciate it. ;)
Thank you:) ,
your thoughts and prayers are appreciated..I'm sure they will be alright, it's just seeing them, just sitting and fussy where usually they are playing and laughing. Makes me want to cry.
kadesma

kadesma said:
Thanks Cora,
It doesn't matter what out little guys have but that they are feeling awful and unhappy..The poor little guy can't really tell you much, so you just have to do the best you can. I feel so sorry for them, the droopy eyes, red cheeks from fever, the little bodies as hot as a furnace..Tonight poor Ethan knew Cade was spending the night and left in tears because he wanted to stay too.. which set off Carson and Olivia..Oy me me..
kadesma:)
It's just terrible when they're sick. They get so miserable and you try your best to make them feel better but sometimes there's not much you can do except hold them. My poor Callum has been crying this very sad, quiet cry most of the day, it breaks my heart. :flowers: here's to you kadesma! What a great mother and grandmother you are!

Kadesma, sounds like a nightmare scenario. Hope they start to improve soon.

And Mrs Cuillo, sounds like she's playing power games. Perhaps she applied for the job and didn't get it and is now hoping to make you look stupid. How well do you get on with your line manager? If it carries on, you'll need to do something.

Holy cow you guys! Not fun times lately! Hope all is better soon for you.

Makes my vent seem so small and petty, (but I'm still posting it!) my stupid computer keeps crashing! Argh! I know how to fix it, but it will just have to wait a bit longer til we deal with the bills from our holiday. LOL!

Thanks expatgirl. Juast found out how much we are loosing. $1200. plus whatever the party looses are I don't know yet. Darn, anyway, did I ever give you my borscht recipe, I remember you're asking but do not remember if I got back to you.

someone picked all of the silver tips out of my earl grey with silvertips. :mad:

i went to make a pot this morning only to find someone's put their grubby fingers in my tea tin.

grrrrrrrr.

thank you, now back to real life problems.

Hi CharlieD, easier said than done, but just send them the bill, at least for the party.

bucktom, I take it you have a good idea who the responsible party is?

CharlieD said:
So, we were planning to go to this wedding, next week, the whole family. Father of bride just called, the wedding is off.
Called airline to refund/cansel/change the tickets, they want $150 bucks per ticket. The hotel wants half of the prepaid price. But it doesn't ends there. We were the one who were going to give the afterwards party, I don't even want to think how much it's going to cost us.
Of course we are not as bad as the parents are, but I'm still pretty mad. i probably wouldn't be if the person who cancel the wedding, the girl, was not so erogant and cocky(sp?). I'm sure in part it is her fault. Grrrrrr, I can't even begin tocomprehand what the people think about.
Well, in the end it's better that way, rather then if they got maried and got divorce latter. Hope it's all for the best. :mad:

So sorry I missed this Charlie D! Had I seen it sooner I'd of suggested you change it around and make it into a vacation of some sort. Hope in the end it all turns out.

Mrs. Cuillo said:
Ok, I started this new job today and I was very excited to start working in the branch. (I work for a bank as a teller supervisor) My OJT(on the job trainer) was a complete "female dog". She was supposed to be showing me around the branch as to where things were and introducing me to the customers. Instead, she just sat there and talked to the other tellers, completely ignoring me and leaving me to stand there with nothing to do. I tried to engage in conversation only to get simple one word answers. I understand that I am the ugly duckling as I grew up in CT but I am going to be your supervisor...couldn't you atleast talk to me? And what kind of a first impression is that? I was so excited to get there and for what? Hopefully it was just first day jitters for them and tomorrow will be better.

Sorry I missed your post Mrs. C. I sure hope things are better now. Is it possible you got a position this person was wanting? If I were in this position I'd address it head on and say, "I understand I'm the new one here but I don't understand why you feel the need to treat me so rudely".....I'm sure the person will end up trying to seem utterly shocked and back track and say they don't understand what on earth you are talking about but tell her exactly how she has made you feel. I've found that by address people who behave this way .....its like a slap in the face for them .....as most people don't call them on it so they feel they can be superior and get away with it. I say bring her down to earth. You don't deserve to be treated this way stand up for yourself.

buckytom said:
someone picked all of the silver tips out of my earl grey with silvertips. :mad:

i went to make a pot this morning only to find someone's put their grubby fingers in my tea tin.

grrrrrrrr.

Bucky, it's a SERIOUS real life problem!! No one messes with my earl grey tea, or they better be prepared for the consequence!!

buckytom said:

grrrrrrrr.

I must confess I had no idea what in the world you were talking about :LOL: other than it had something to do with tea so I had to google. I'm a bonafide - addicted - loyal fan of my Lipton ....been tempted to try others and have a few but ultimately I go back to my tried and true. Someday I'll try to venture out of my tea safety zone again and will keep your earl gray in mind. ;)

You never said if this happened at home or work.....I'm assuming work as I don't think your lil one would be all that interested in your silver tips at such a young age....LOL and I think your DW would know you well enough to not even attempt...LOL!

urm, you're darned tootin'!!!! (i sound really nerdy trying to keep it pg)

snoop, i have no idea who might be the thief in search of tasty anti-oxidants. :chef:

sizz, it was at work. dw doesn't drink hot tea very often, anyway. but she picks all of the m&m's out of my costco trail mix, which is nearly the same offense. :glare:

i was raised all lipton, all the time, too. iced lipton tea in summer, hot lipton tea the rest of the year.
lipton's corporate hq is not far from where i grew up, so even a few friend's parents worked for them.

having tea after dinner in chinese and japanese restaurants were what got me started in trying "other" teas.

when you're ready, go to Harney and Sons Tea and Teavana - Home for some good info and good teas.

back to venting, umm, lemme think.

i'm off to make another pot of tea without silvertips...

Last edited:
buckytom said:
urm, you're darned tootin'!!!! (i sound really nerdy trying to keep it pg)

snoop, i have no idea who might be the thief in search of tasty anti-oxidants. :chef:

sizz, it was at work. dw doesn't drink hot tea very often, anyway. but she picks all of the m&m's out of my costco trail mix, which is nearly the same offense. :glare:

i was raised all lipton, all the time, too. iced lipton tea in summer, hot lipton tea the rest of the year.
lipton's corporate hq is not far from where i grew up, so even a few friend's parents worked for them.

having tea after dinner in chinese and japanese restaurants were what got me started in trying "other" teas.

when you're ready, go to Harney and Sons Tea and Teavana - Home for some good info and good teas.

back to venting, umm, lemme think.

i'm off to make another pot of tea without silvertips...

Thanks for the tip....no pune intended ;) . Hope the silvertip bandit realizes what goes around comes around.

Yikes....I had a boss once who was so fussy about his Earl Grey. In the end, because his pot was never as he wanted, he got bags so we had to do the English poncey thing of three dunks and its out. When he was being particularly obnoxious I got real JOY at the fourth dunk of that ****** teabag, lol.

Well, my boiler was fixed today, so I should be happy, but for some reson the water is only coming out hot if the tap is only partly open. If you turn it to a decent pressure (or semi-decent, which is the best we get!) it goes STONE cold. But the heating is working and slowly re-warming the flat, which over night anfd this mornignwas down to 2 degrees! so at least to nights cold shower will be tempered by a warmer towel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom