"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #4591
Chef Extraordinaire

You have every right..You need to have your daughter find out who saw this exchange, she needs to write it down,Don't let anger overtake you. It won't help her at all. it just frightens. Let her see that you care but that you won't go over board. Your principal sounds like he is afraid to become involved that he doesn't know just how to handle this. I would go to the police, be calm let them know you are angry but want things to stay calm for the kids sake. Find out your options..It is impossible to deal with someone who refuses to see your side some men stick with men no matter what, same for wormen..What needs to be worked for is the children and good sex education needs to be taught.Our children are our future, take care of all of them.
kadesma

Old 10-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #4592
Master Chef

I woke up to broken glass in the kitchen this morning ! Apparently one or more of my cats knocked the custard bowls off the counter. You'd think hubby would hear that crash ( I can't hear it since I am deaf) and come downstairs to clean up the mess! Thank God none of the cats got cut !

Old 10-10-2009, 05:25 AM   #4593
Executive Chef

Presumably the principal doesn't want the bad publicity so is hoping it will all just fade away. But you should report it further. As Wyogal said it is a must do for the police to be notified but presumably you can also take it to the School Board and/or the Education Department or whatever the equivalent is in the US. While the actions of the child need to be officially investigated, so too do the actions of the principal and the aide. I don't have kids but I know I wouldn't want either of them being "in loco parentis" for them if I did. Dual action required.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #4594
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I woke up to broken glass in the kitchen this morning ! Apparently one or more of my cats knocked the custard bowls off the counter. You'd think hubby would hear that crash ( I can't hear it since I am deaf) and come downstairs to clean up the mess! Thank God none of the cats got cut !
Very lucky indeed! I always endeavour to be so careful with fragile or sharp items cos I have so many cats. My house is almost toddler proof because of them!! Even in the drainer, I have to bury the sharp knives just in case.

Isn't your hubby just continuing to suffer from domestic deafness??
Old 10-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #4595
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
Very lucky indeed! I always endeavour to be so careful with fragile or sharp items cos I have so many cats. My house is almost toddler proof because of them!! Even in the drainer, I have to bury the sharp knives just in case.

Isn't your hubby just continuing to suffer from domestic deafness??
Sure seems that way, I call it selective hearing . I thought my house was toddler proof too but apparently , whoever knocked down the bowls managed to squeeze in the small space, so no more leaving glass around before going to bed.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #4596
Head Chef

I think I broke a toe yesterday... it is swollen, and really nasty looking

Old 10-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #4597
Executive Chef

I know, it is such a pain!! I have to make sure that the counters are empty or that everything is pushed against the wall before I go to bed. If I have nodded off though and it is 2am or some such time, I am so tempted to just ignore it but then I think I don't really want to drive the 30mins to the emergency vet and pay a couple of hundred bucks because the cat knocked the knife which stabbed its sibling in the eye... It's easier to clear the counter!! LOL
Old 10-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #4598
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
Can you wiggle it?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #4599
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
I broke my little toe and it only hurt when I stepped on it, (weird). I was off of work for two weeks. They gave me a shoe to wear with a wooden sole.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #4600
Head Chef

Can't really wiggle it, and it hurts when I try. But, not much to do about it. It's my "ring" toe, so the other toes will take the brunt of the work when I am on it.
I guess I can't clean the kitchen...

Closed Thread