"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #4601
Sous Chef

I'd like to know what happened with Msmofets daughter. After speaking to the principal I would call the police immediately so you leave a paper trail in case this ever happens with this boy again. If he's allowed to get away with it this time, he'll always think that he can and perhaps his behavior will escalate into something more aggressive towards females.
The principal needs to take manditory sexual harassment classes so he knows the meaning of it. This goes way beyond the playground smacking little boys do to show girls that they like them. Grabbing genitals is not amusing to a correct thing to do.
ok, rant over. sorry.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #4602
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
I know, it is such a pain!! I have to make sure that the counters are empty or that everything is pushed against the wall before I go to bed. If I have nodded off though and it is 2am or some such time, I am so tempted to just ignore it but then I think I don't really want to drive the 30mins to the emergency vet and pay a couple of hundred bucks because the cat knocked the knife which stabbed its sibling in the eye... It's easier to clear the counter!! LOL
I never leave utensils out , I'm always telling hubby to throw his used toothpicks in the garbage, he leaves them laying around.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #4603
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
Presumably the principal doesn't want the bad publicity so is hoping it will all just fade away. But you should report it further. As Wyogal said it is a must do for the police to be notified but presumably you can also take it to the School Board and/or the Education Department or whatever the equivalent is in the US. While the actions of the child need to be officially investigated, so too do the actions of the principal and the aide. I don't have kids but I know I wouldn't want either of them being "in loco parentis" for them if I did. Dual action required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
I'd like to know what happened with Msmofets daughter. After speaking to the principal I would call the police immediately so you leave a paper trail in case this ever happens with this boy again. If he's allowed to get away with it this time, he'll always think that he can and perhaps his behavior will escalate into something more aggressive towards females.
The principal needs to take manditory sexual harassment classes so he knows the meaning of it. This goes way beyond the playground smacking little boys do to show girls that they like them. Grabbing genitals is not amusing to a correct thing to do.
ok, rant over. sorry.
thank you for caring everyone. i have calmed down slightly and here is an update.

ok heres whats going on at the moment. YES i know his name that was never the problem. i wanted to know if there was a report filed at school and what actions were being taken. the law is because of the minors i can't be told anything specific about what actions are being taken. i was told this by the police. it is to protect all minors including my daughter those records are sealed. i am going to see how things go and then take it from there.

oh btw i live in such a small town that we don't have a post office or library and only 1 school so the principal IS the superintendent of schools.

my daughter eluded him so he never actually got the chance to touch her due to her quick reflexes (and crude comments are not uncommon at that age). but the intent was there and that is just as bad as if the action was followed through. if he had actually touched her than the situtation would be slightly different and i would have filed charges of sexual assault on the spot. also if my daughter is EVER told in the future not to tattle by an aid again i will take action against the aid. you see the fact that he NEVER actually touched her seems to make some people take it more lightly. (THAT also bothers me big time) but the intent was there and he would have if not for my daughter reacting quickly. i will see how the school deals with this and take it from there.

so it is on record with the police, when i call the sergent took her name and age, my name and the boys name. so there is a trail on record from my calling the police within an hour of talking to my daughter and the principal.

thanks for caring and asking. i actually just needed to vent/scream it out loud!!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #4604
Senior Cook

I went to an Alice Cooper concert Friday night and had a blast, but one thing really blew my mind. There was a couple in the fourth row there with their two kids that were about 4 and 6. Concert material aside exposing those young ears to the volume of a rock concert made me cringe.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #4605
Sous Chef

BIG RANT!

What is freaking disocvory channel doing now?

I turn it and they're showing a show that's been on the sci fi channel for years! but with a different name and different people "rude people to boot"

I mean what the heck? Who do they think they are putting a show on called Ghost lab? My first impression of the show "It blows chunks to kingdom ***". And has no place on the discovery channel.

Anyways I still think Ghost hunters was top dog show until they fired Brian from the show. And then the show went down hill from there.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #4606
Head Chef

My foot hurts. It started to hurt badly last year while in cooking school. I've not been on my feet as much, but today it really hurts. Last year I had $4000 of dr. bills for it, not really finding out anything other than osteopenia and a bit of arthritis. Insurance covered some of it, but we are still making payments on those bills. I'm going to hopefully start working in a week or so, as a substitute teacher. I have an interview on Monday. If I can do that, we can get back into some regular health-care practices. husband needs new glasses, I should probably have my feet looked at, we need new flooring, kids could use some $$ help, etc....
For today, I'm going to put my feet up, stay off them, take some anti-inflammatory, drink some water...

Old 10-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #4607
Assistant Cook

Ordered parts for my spreader on friday. Came in on monday with signature required.
Monday night signed and left ups slip for deliver next day.
Tuesday driver left another slip now saying required signature in presence of driver
wednesday met driver and got parts 4:00 PM
Not enough time to repair before dark, and wind blowing 50 mph
Thursday started raining and hasn't stopped yet. 6 straight days.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #4608
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
a boy was saying crude sexual things to my daughter then tried to grab my daughters breast, she managed to elude him and screamed at him and threw her peas off her lunch tray at him, when she got up and walked away he tried to grab her butt!! when she went to tell an aid in the lunch room she was told not to tattle!! so she went to the principle to report it. he didn't call me till after school and when i asked what was going to be done about this sexual harassment he said he couldn't talk to me about it or give me the kids name!! that is just wrong because as the parent of the minor child being harassed i am entitled to know everything. i am thinking of going to the police an file a complaint. if i wasn't involved i would understand the confidentiality thing.

when i tried to ask some more questions he said it was late and he didn't want to debate. i didn't like his tone at all and the sense that he just wanted to go home because it was late!! to freaking bad buddy i pay his salary his is paid to talk to me when there is a serious problem like this!! in my eyes this is serious. do you think so?
i have a right to be livid!!
What about taking it to the papers/tv who ever will listen if the school won't? Sometimes that's what it takes, you have to embarrass the people who are supposed to "care" into taking action. Just a suggestion.

Alfred E. Newman
Old 10-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #4609
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
thank you for caring everyone. i have calmed down slightly and here is an update.

ok heres whats going on at the moment. YES i know his name that was never the problem. i wanted to know if there was a report filed at school and what actions were being taken. the law is because of the minors i can't be told anything specific about what actions are being taken. i was told this by the police. it is to protect all minors including my daughter those records are sealed. i am going to see how things go and then take it from there.

oh btw i live in such a small town that we don't have a post office or library and only 1 school so the principal IS the superintendent of schools.

my daughter eluded him so he never actually got the chance to touch her due to her quick reflexes (and crude comments are not uncommon at that age). but the intent was there and that is just as bad as if the action was followed through. if he had actually touched her than the situtation would be slightly different and i would have filed charges of sexual assault on the spot. also if my daughter is EVER told in the future not to tattle by an aid again i will take action against the aid. you see the fact that he NEVER actually touched her seems to make some people take it more lightly. (THAT also bothers me big time) but the intent was there and he would have if not for my daughter reacting quickly. i will see how the school deals with this and take it from there.

so it is on record with the police, when i call the sergent took her name and age, my name and the boys name. so there is a trail on record from my calling the police within an hour of talking to my daughter and the principal.

thanks for caring and asking. i actually just needed to vent/scream it out loud!!
I'm glad that you were able to work this thing out ok and you now have this on record. Boys need to be taught that this sort of behavior is "wrong" no matter who it is directed toward. I think this kids' parents need to sit him down and teach him about R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!

Alfred E. Newman
Old 10-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #4610
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoZee View Post
I'm glad that you were able to work this thing out ok and you now have this on record. Boys need to be taught that this sort of behavior is "wrong" no matter who it is directed toward. I think this kids' parents need to sit him down and teach him about R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!
thank you for caring sweetie.