"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #4621
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoZee View Post
I'm so sorry msmofet, this is a definite case of it doesn't rain it pours! There must be something besides the flu going around... my fridge went a few weeks back. It was a Maytag and only 7 years old. It was one of those with the freezer in the bottom, not a cheap one by any means. I now have a good used one, at least it works. I had my wall stove replaced last week, the old one didn't heat up worth a dang. The one I have is a used one, but it works. Then....my daughter has pneumonia and is very sick. A few weeks ago my dad ended up in the hospital with "they don't know what happened to him" symptoms. I hear you sometimes things just seem to go wrong. Let's hope things get better for both of us. I think we are due!!!
oh my i am so sorry about your dad and daughter. i hope they get better soon.

thank you for the kind words. this laptop is just over 2 years old. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgg

i hope your luck changes also. maybe we need some horseshoes and rabbits feet?

Old 10-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #4622
Master Chef

I might be guilty of the fallowing my self, though I do not remember, but I just love when somebody comes and asks for advise on a particular recipe/dish and people come and tell that person to make something completely diferent.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #4623
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
oh my i am so sorry about your dad and daughter. i hope they get better soon.

thank you for the kind words. this laptop is just over 2 years old. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgg

i hope your luck changes also. maybe we need some horseshoes and rabbits feet?
Thank you msmofet, I am sure they will recover in time.
Oh my that's not very old for the laptop, gosh they surely don't make things to last do they? I think horse shoes and rabbit feet and some shamrocks are definitely in order. :)

Alfred E. Newman
Old 10-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #4624
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Last weekend I had the flu (type A, not Swine) and missed a week of work. Thank goodness for "Paid Time Off." On monday DH was exhibiting my symptoms, but I was feeling pretty good. Now I had taken this weekend off for a staycation, goofing off and getting some deep cleaning done around the house. This morning I woke up in misery, the MD at the clinic says I have walking pneumonia and put me on antibiotics. My luck, I'll start feeling better in time to go back to work on Friday...so much for goofing off.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #4625
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Last weekend I had the flu (type A, not Swine) and missed a week of work. Thank goodness for "Paid Time Off." On monday DH was exhibiting my symptoms, but I was feeling pretty good. Now I had taken this weekend off for a staycation, goofing off and getting some deep cleaning done around the house. This morning I woke up in misery, the MD at the clinic says I have walking pneumonia and put me on antibiotics. My luck, I'll start feeling better in time to go back to work on Friday...so much for goofing off.
i hope you get well quick!!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #4626
Master Chef

BANKS STINK!! I HATE MY BANK!! THEY MESSED WITH ME!!

and thats all i am going to say or i will rev myself up again.

thank you for reading.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #4627
Senior Cook

I have a cold, hubby brought it home from work, I told him next time leave it there!

Alfred E. Newman
Old 10-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #4628
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
i hope you get well quick!!
Thanks so much, it's amazing what one day of antibiotics will do for your outlook. Today I can breathe without hurting or coughing myself to death.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #4629
Sous Chef

Quote:
BANKS STINK!! I HATE MY BANK!! THEY MESSED WITH ME!!

and thats all i am going to say or i will rev myself up again.

thank you for reading.

My ex MIL used to work for one. She said to always remember, they are never wrong. In their eyes.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #4630
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
My ex MIL used to work for one. She said to always remember, they are never wrong. In their eyes.
I had a good experience at the bank the other day, after they gave me a heart attack of course...upshot, they paid out on an electronic withdrawal that should not have been paid (I had a stop payment on it) and they took full responsibility, wiping out all transaction fees and putting the money back in my account. Sometimes the little guy wins.