"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-20-2009, 06:58 AM   #4631
Sous Chef
 
Chile Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winter Park Fl, Or Bust!
Posts: 853
[Movie Monster Rant mode on]

You guys know when the movies first came out in black & white then they colorized the movies? You know how the vampires Actually couldn't go out in the sun because it would harm them or kill them? Werewolf's could only change during the full moon? And you had to be bitten by either creature you can contract the desise? ( by movie lore any hoo )

Well I hate what they've done with the beloved movie monsters, First the creator of blade gave the vampires the ability to walk out in the sun for some time. Then they would have to drink or get a serum shot. And the people at the STUPID twilight are making the vampires people friendly by letting them walk and do everything in the day light with out a serum or drink. And the people at the twlight series RUINING the werewolf monster by letting them change anytime with out or with out the moon.

[Movie Monster Rant mode off]
__________________

__________________
Chile Chef is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #4632
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
[Movie Monster Rant mode on]

You guys know when the movies first came out in black & white then they colorized the movies? You know how the vampires Actually couldn't go out in the sun because it would harm them or kill them? Werewolf's could only change during the full moon? And you had to be bitten by either creature you can contract the desise? ( by movie lore any hoo )

Well I hate what they've done with the beloved movie monsters, First the creator of blade gave the vampires the ability to walk out in the sun for some time. Then they would have to drink or get a serum shot. And the people at the STUPID twilight are making the vampires people friendly by letting them walk and do everything in the day light with out a serum or drink. And the people at the twlight series RUINING the werewolf monster by letting them change anytime with out or with out the moon.

[Movie Monster Rant mode off]
I completely agree. I tried the Twilight books and they were stupid, not my idea of vampires at all. I don't mind if aspects are added to legends, but to change the very framework of the creatures themselves is anathema.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #4633
Sous Chef
 
Chile Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winter Park Fl, Or Bust!
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I completely agree. I tried the Twilight books and they were stupid, not my idea of vampires at all. I don't mind if aspects are added to legends, but to change the very framework of the creatures themselves is anathema.
I completely agree that's why I'm so pissed off at the movie industry, Least with the blade series they actully kept up some of the monster lore.
__________________
Chile Chef is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #4634
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,296
I'm still dithering on picking up Dacre Stoker's sequel to his great uncle Bram's Dracula. In the end I'll probably get it just to see what he has to say. I'm a sucker for monster stories.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 08:13 AM   #4635
Sous Chef
 
Chile Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winter Park Fl, Or Bust!
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm still dithering on picking up Dacre Stoker's sequel to his great uncle Bram's Dracula. In the end I'll probably get it just to see what he has to say. I'm a sucker for monster stories.
I would really like to see that but I'm affraid I'll be disappointing in the movie. It's probably going to be all 3d, and not a lot of real actors/actresses.
__________________
Chile Chef is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #4636
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,300
Dracula the Un-Dead
__________________

Wyogal is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #4637
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
I would really like to see that but I'm affraid I'll be disappointing in the movie. It's probably going to be all 3d, and not a lot of real actors/actresses.
They are making a movie already??? I have only seen the book in the stores for about a month. I'm sure the movie will stink, they usually do. Of course there are rare exceptions to this. But, I really hate to see a movie that messes with the book.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #4638
Sous Chef
 
chefkathleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida!
Posts: 697
I totally agree with you guys. I've always loved the vampire and werewolves movies. Now to see them out in daylight and looking like emo teenagers, mating and HAVING BABIES?? That's more than I can handle. Bela and Boris are turning over in their graves.
__________________
chefkathleen is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #4639
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
While I agree partially with all of you. Where would the story go after what we already know? They walk by night,sleep by day,. How many times do we have to read this before it becomes so old we know it by heart.Wouldn't that just push us to find another venue to keep us interested about what will happen next?
Do you suppose the writers are trying to give us something new to make our blood tingle?

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #4640
Sous Chef
 
chefkathleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida!
Posts: 697
I'm curious to know what happened to the website yesterday. I came on and it said it was down do to hackers. Anyone have the 411?
__________________

__________________
chefkathleen is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.