"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #4641
Chef Extraordinaire

went shopping yesterday. Evey where we went, kids with runny noses and coughs and sneezing. don't these mom's have a clue. keep your sick child at home. not good for kid, should be sleeping , having soup etc.

make me just a bit angry. we went in one store, and took baby lilly in with us. usually i stay in car with lilly. i soon sent granddaughter back to the car with lilly. didn't want to expose her to what ever these kids have

be responsible and don't spread germs, it's flue time.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #4642
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
I'm curious to know what happened to the website yesterday. I came on and it said it was down do to hackers. Anyone have the 411?
me too

Old 11-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #4643
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
[Movie Monster Rant mode on]

You guys know when the movies first came out in black & white then they colorized the movies? You know how the vampires Actually couldn't go out in the sun because it would harm them or kill them? Werewolf's could only change during the full moon? And you had to be bitten by either creature you can contract the desise? ( by movie lore any hoo )

Well I hate what they've done with the beloved movie monsters, First the creator of blade gave the vampires the ability to walk out in the sun for some time. Then they would have to drink or get a serum shot. And the people at the STUPID twilight are making the vampires people friendly by letting them walk and do everything in the day light with out a serum or drink. And the people at the twlight series RUINING the werewolf monster by letting them change anytime with out or with out the moon.

[Movie Monster Rant mode off]
I know what you mean, I love good horror movies and you don't monkey with perfection. Christopher Lee was the Dracula I grew up with, he turned into a bat, couldn't stand the sun and was scared of crosses, my kind of Vampire!

Alfred E. Newman
Old 11-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #4644
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
While I agree partially with all of you. Where would the story go after what we already know? They walk by night,sleep by day,. How many times do we have to read this before it becomes so old we know it by heart.Wouldn't that just push us to find another venue to keep us interested about what will happen next?
Do you suppose the writers are trying to give us something new to make our blood tingle?

kadesma
I can see where you are coming from Kads, but if they want to make my blood tingle as you dilligently put it, I would say don't fix something that's not broken, and at least make the back ground & 3d actors better. Because all the movie monsters seems to be turning back into teenagers again. That's not good.

Now look at Teen wolf with Michael J fox, It was an ok movie but the background and the actors were natural and blended well.

Yeah the customs may been crappy but least everything fit together.

Anyways rant done.

By the way to everyone who is wondering why the site was done, It got hacked and some kid uploaded a virus that hurt the server, So they took the server ( site ) offline while they assessed the damage.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #4645
Head Chef

down?
yeah, read the post about it. nothing new.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #4646
Head Chef

I enjoy the Twilight series. A book or movie doesn't have to follow tradition. It's not meant to be an old fashioned vampire movie. The writer thought outside the box - that's what makes a great book/movie, no matter what kind it is.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #4647
Sous Chef

Quote:
By the way to everyone who is wondering why the site was done, It got hacked and some kid uploaded a virus that hurt the server, So they took the server ( site ) offline while they assessed the damage.
What an [edited]. Why would someone do that? Nothing to gain here. No CC #'s or personal info.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #4648
Head Chef

not a fan of Twilight here, I like Anne Rice's take on the vampiric lore.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #4649
Sous Chef

Quote:
not a fan of Twilight here, I like Anne Rice's take on the vampiric lore.
Me either. Not fond of teenage vamps.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #4650
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
What an [edited]. Why would someone do that? Nothing to gain here. No CC #'s or personal info.
Probably some kid home from school with H1n1 and he/she needed something to do.

I hoped they checked out the p2p port connection's and sealed up the back door.