"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #4651
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
went shopping yesterday. Evey where we went, kids with runny noses and coughs and sneezing. don't these mom's have a clue. keep your sick child at home. not good for kid, should be sleeping , having soup etc.

make me just a bit angry. we went in one store, and took baby lilly in with us. usually i stay in car with lilly. i soon sent granddaughter back to the car with lilly. didn't want to expose her to what ever these kids have

be responsible and don't spread germs, it's flue time.
Same thing with any kid that has to be kept home from school. Flu, chicken pox, etc. These kids should be at home recuperating not out shopping with their parents.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #4652
Senior Cook

I am now enjoying the Vampire Diaries, and Supernatural. I love that they are on one right after the other, so I get horror fix on Thursday evenings.

Alfred E. Newman
Old 11-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #4653
Head Chef

Favoritism on the boards, that's my vent. Thought I'd get it out before I end up leaving this place.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #4654
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
Favoritism on the boards, that's my vent. Thought I'd get it out before I end up leaving this place.
Wanna talk about it? I haven't been around much to see what's going on lately.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #4655
Head Chef

I just got a little worked up over nothing, just that I see some folks like to be THE authority on everything and no one can disagree.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #4656
Sous Chef

But, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Eh? So not any one way is always right.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #4657
Chef Extraordinaire

venting about people that can't make a decision. i used to cook the whole thanksgiving menu by myself . last year i bowed out. i am to old for all that work. in an case here we are the the younger set (50 being the oldest) can't decide what to do, dinner here, or a sat buffet. dinner on the day , my favorite. just decide already. tell me what to bring and get on it. another thing , they seem to buy a lot of ready made desserts.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #4658
Head Chef

I hear ya... I have a brother-in-law that can't make a decision about anything, although he serves on boards, has an important job, etc... Drives us nuts, too.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #4659
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
...they seem to buy a lot of ready made desserts.
No kidding, I decided a number of years ago I was not going to make another pie for a family dinner, I wanted to try my hand at other things. I even offered to show those interested how to make the pie crust that they loved. No takers and now, whoever just brings a store pie for dessert. I've stuck to my guns and every year I change things up a bit, serving something old and new, knocking the socks off everyone. This year will be a Mediterranean style meal and the apartment smells heavenly.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #4660
Senior Cook

Oh boy does this sound familiar. I stopped making the Holiday Meals for everyone and guess what no one else wanted to do it after I quit! I didn't know what to think after since I never got invited to anyone elses after all the work I put into the many meals and didn't get much help doing them either. I can only chalk it all up to laziness on the part of everyone else. Oh well too bad for them, I'm still enjoying a great meal with just me and hubby. To me this is pretty sad!

Alfred E. Newman
Closed Thread