"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 07:39 PM   #461
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Katie,
I just have to say that I admire parents like you. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences that, I'm sure, will help all of us here. The cleaning is not too bad. He's learned to use his laundry hamper as a basketball hoop so it works well in his room. Now if he can get those wet towels off the bed and on the restroom towel rack, it will be a miracle.

Alix,
Thank you for your words as well my friend. I'm glad to know I can count on you all here. Unfortunately, my local friends have girls and very young boys so they can't relate to me yet. I know Justin really is a wonderful boy with a
big heart. I know this is a phase he's going through and will pass. Today, he brought home two passing grades in math. Yey! Thank the Lord! He got a 100 and an 85. I'll settle for that. I've asked him to try his best, that that's all we ask of him. I'm starting to believe that he's getting the message across. Today, even his football coach demoted his position for not listening yesterday. He gave me the sad face and I just said that everything has it's consequences and if he wants his position back in the game, he has to earn it by listening and working harder. He said he did work so hard at football practice today and that coach was really proud of him. I know he really knows the consequences of things. I feel a bit relieved about that. He started his homework without me asking him to so I'm impressed (but yet he's humming and getting distracted but I will just let it be). I told him I was not going to sit with him to do homework again but that I'd be available to help. I know the demotion in football is not making him happy and he's working hard now. He also knows that he will be out of football if his grades begin to fail. I'm still praying girls and I will pray for your kiddos as well and that we all can continue to have each others' support. Love you all.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #462
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Okay my turn. While I was at work Sunday between 12 and 6 someone broke into my car. Okay stupid me left the door unlocked so they entered without my permission. Also without my permission they took my car radio, equalizer and kickerbox AND my bowling ball !!! They left a cell phone in my car. Unfortunately it was a stolen cell phone. So the cops got surveilance (sp) of the parking lot. Yeah... they didn't hit record so now there's no way to know who did it !!!!!! During daylight hours right dead smack infront of the store and nobody saw anything, and if they did, didn't bother to report it. GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 09-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #463
Hospitality Queen

oh man, middie! That's horrible!!!!
Do you suppose they can find the owner of the cell phone and find out when it was stolen? That may help a bit.
What is your insurance company doing about it?
Also, is there any assistance you will receive regarding the officer who forgot to push the 'record' button?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #464
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Boo-hiss!!! That's horrid middie!!! I'm so sorry!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #465
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Middie,
A swift kick in the pants for leaving your car unlocked. Now, a shoulder to cry on and 2 arms for support.

The sense on invasion of personal space is very hard and knowing that some lowlife scumbag in profitting from your loss is really gross.

Hoping the perps use those illgotten gains to buy some hammer and OD. Save the community a lot of heatache.

Dina,
As a male (and getting on a bit), I can still remember back to those days (daze), and from my point of view there was no way a woman was going to tell me what to do, even my Mom. I had a lot of arguments/fights with my Dad, never argued with Mom, just ignored her.

With ours, I was always there to backup DW regardless of whether I thought she was right or wrong. Our boys were both 6'+ at 12, so diplomacy was essential when laying down the law. I basically demanded of our boys to always respect their Mom. The teenage years are really difficult for parents as well as the kids, and remembering that their bodies are being overloaded by hormones allows us to think laterally and use these facts to 'beat' them at their own game and guide rather than discipline them to adulthood.

Bearing in mind though, that I certainly wasn't the best Dad in Oz, but none of our kids have ever been caught breaking the law and are know throughout the district for respecting their elders and assisting whenever they can. Eldest 25, youngest 21.

Questions, questions, questions. Do the Dr Phil, "Do you think it is right to do........?" "Why did you do........?" "Do you think it would be better to......?"

We had more of a problem with our daughter who would prefer to listen to absolute lies from one of her friends rather than the proven truth from us. Never hit a female yet, but that lying little B***h nearly got her bum kicked into next week a few times.

I haven't got anything to vent about except getting older and stuffing up everything I've tried to cook over the past couple of months......

Oh. for the record, I hate Dr Phil........
Old 09-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #466
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
No insurance. Have liability only. The manager of the store forgot to hit record. I'm at a complete loss cause the store isn't "held responsible" for things like that even though it happened on their property.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #467
Master Chef

i'm near tears 'bout my hairdye. my hair is already black, yet i mildly refresh my hair's tones. (discontinued hairdye). sigh, i almost weeped like 50 times. so now i'm afraid i'm either insane or elderly (at 25, tee-hee). that's enough. my stomach is seriously in knots. okay, great. now i'm further sad.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:55 AM   #468
Executive Chef

Over a hair dye?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:09 AM   #469
Master Chef

yep, ishbel. tears are long ago gone, now. unsure if you're a male or female..... either way, you get black hair & you're committed to those tresses.. natural jet-black hair isn't much more easy to maintain than born skinniness. try it out & then you won't be grinning so.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #470
Master Chef

i'm so moody today. that's my vent for now. dagnabbit. i'm avoiding discusscooking till i smile.

Closed Thread