"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 07:53 AM   #41
Cook

Send a message via AIM to hellschef
to all who have had "that day", power, remember that what does not kill us, may come back around for a second shot.lol.
to the woman who was putting on her make-up and talking on the phoe whilst also holding that cup of coffe and applying mascara in the review,,......... that truck you almost creamed was me, and while i do believe im superman, do you not think of the two children you have in the back?? maam , and i am using that in the loosest way, Hades has a very special level waiting for you. to qoute chevy chase" Jane you ignorant @#$%" thank you

Old 11-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #42
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Lucky for TC that now he has his own scooter for a quick escape!!

But seriously that must have been a scare and those burned stink can't go away quickly enough!! (I hope you didn't have a problem with smoke alarm for an icing on top!!) Take a deep breath Crewsk, it is TGIF, I am sure things will get better!!

Well, he didn't get into trouble since "accidents" happen & no one got hurt.

Yes, it was a scare, I've got canldes lit in every room of the house, windows open & celing fans going full blast. It's 47F outside so needless to say I'm bundled up in warm clothes!! The scariest part is that the smoke detector didn't go off! We just put a new battery in it last week.

Hellschef, don't you just want to jerk people like that out of their cars & give them a piece of your mind?!

Old 11-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #43
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
I know... I hate it when someone DARES to call me "signora"... make me feel like a grandma!! I decided to pretend that I didn't realise they were calling out to me when this happens!
Signora I really like (perhaps because I married into my Italianism ), but "ma 'am" always cracks me up, as I think I'm miles too young for that But I guess "ma 'am" has to beat being called "young lady"..."Miss" would be someplace in between the two.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Old 11-04-2005, 11:28 AM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
don't you just want to jerk people like that out of their cars & give them a piece of your mind?!
you said it crewsk!

the other day i was beefin about a woman doing it (just add putting on make up), but today was a guy in a huge suv, talking on the cell phone, reading some documents, using a blackberry, while smoking and drinking coffee, all while "driving" in slow moving traffic. he would keep falling back, keeping several car lengths open in front of him, but if someone tried to cut in there, he'd speed up to not let them in.
it was making me crazy, driving a stick behind him, until i put on simon and garfunkel's greatest hits, and just dealt with it until my exit.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:32 AM   #45
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
using a blackberry
Ummm... what's a blackberry?

I just have to breath real deep & remind myself that the kids are in the car when I get around people like that. Otherwise, they'd have a really colorful vocabulary to take to school!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:43 AM   #46
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Ummm... what's a blackberry?
One of my favourite types of fruit But I'm sure Buckytom meant a Blackberry (wireless) handheld electronic organizer.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Old 11-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #47
Master Chef

Thanks Piccolina! I was trying to figure out what in the world someone would be using a blackberry (the fruit) for while driving down the road!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks piccolina.

yep, its an electronic gizmo.

i wish i had some real blackberries to chuck at the guy.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #49
Everymom

crewsk, sometime on MSN remind me to tell you about the words my kids have heard in my car.

I think this thread is just what the doctor ordered. I am having a pretty good day today, but will vent for my cat. Meow mrow mrow...MROOOOOWW SHRIEK!!! (Translation: I was minding my own business this morning, just sitting by the cat post. You would think this was far enough out of the way of the morning traffic, but OH NO!! My stupid human comes reeling around the corner, heading for the coffee pot, and steps on my feet! OW! Then to top it off, she didn't GET OFF right away, you think that fuzziness might have tipped her off that she wasn't on the hardwood? Clearly not enough coffee yet. So I whacked her ankles a few times and yelled "OUCH" really loud. Well, you'd think I'd killed her. Hmph! Some humans!)

Translators note, I have stopped bleeding now.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #50
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
crewsk, sometime on MSN remind me to tell you about the words my kids have heard in my car.
Will do! I'll tell you about the ones mine have gotten caught repeating!