Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Barbara! You DID need to vent! What a mess! I sure hope all this gets cleared up in an expedient manner. I totally understand the stress THAT can cause. Hugs to you big sister!

Oh, Barbara, I feel so sorry for you! What an awful feeling to have not been given enough, or the correct, information! Hang in there and keep fighting. It sounds like it can all be worked out. Hugs from here, too!

My only vent today, and it's minor compared to Barbara's, is that our computer is still pretty much on the fritz. I can receive but not send email, can only see web pages and post here intermittently, and DH's buddy who's helping fix it is great at computers but said even he's stumped on this one. :( There are moments when I really hate technology!

Barb... if I were you.. I'd have vented very loudly to the person in charge. What a mess!!!! I hope you can get everything cleared up today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

PA.. It's very easy to hate technology. It brings us a lot of good things but dang...we get so used to having it that when it breaks we're in a world of hurt. Hopefully all will be fixed soon.

Barbara, yes you did need to vent! Another {{{HUG}}} to you!

PA, I hope you can get your computer problems fixed soon!

My only vent today is that I feel like a spin top! I'm beginning to wonder if I have vertigo. My eyes feel like they are spinning & every time I stand up I feel like I'm going to pass out. I just wish the room would stop spinning around me!!

oh no. Sounds like you should spend the day in bed.
Feel better soon!! : )

pdswife said:
oh no. Sounds like you should spend the day in bed.
Feel better soon!! : )

Thanks pds! I wish I could! I have to pick the kids up from school & go to my parents for supper & church tonight. If the kids didn't have choir practice, I wouldn't go. I did spend part of the morning on the couch but I still felt like I was flying around.:ermm:

Should you be driving?
Can someone else take the kids or can they miss one pratice?

Heck it's hard being a mom.
It's impossible to call in sick.

Take care of you!!:)

Thanks everyone. As soon as I get home from work, I hope to get this all straightened up.

crewsk said:
My only vent today is that I feel like a spin top! I'm beginning to wonder if I have vertigo. My eyes feel like they are spinning & every time I stand up I feel like I'm going to pass out. I just wish the room would stop spinning around me!!
You should check with a doctor. It could be an inner ear problem. Are you on any kind of medications? I have been getting really dizzy the last few days. I think it is my blood pressure, or my blood pressure medicine. I just have to look like I am bending over and I get dizzy! I'm starting to wonder now though. You and I both were sick with that weird "cold" that made us really tired (a lot of people around here had that). I wonder if this is a hold-over from that?

:) Barbara

crewsk said:
Barbara, yes you did need to vent! Another {{{HUG}}} to you!

PA, I hope you can get your computer problems fixed soon!

Crewsk, my husband was diagnosed with vertigo and what your describing sounds like it. You need to be careful and if it keeps up, go to the doctor and make sure, it could be an ear infection as Barbara said, but, don't play around with it if it keeps going or gets worse!
It will get a lot worse if you don't. It was pretty scary! When he is asking to go to the er and is someone that never goes to the doctor, I knew something was very wrong. He still gets spells now, 5 months later!

Whew! I talked to my financial advisor when I got home from work. She said that we could make payments, then when the 2nd half of the overage comes in January, the rest would be deducted from that. Then she asked if they could get a payment tonight to get it all started. We couldn't afford to do that right now, so she said she would call back 15 minutes later. When she called back, she said that they would defer the whole amount to January, and my next class will start November 15th. Thank goodness for good grades because she said that it is because I am a straight A student that they are doing this. What a relief. So now I have an extra week break. :cool: That will give me an extra week to work on housework and lesson plans, as well as do the reading for my next class. Aw, who am I kidding? It will actually give me more time to fool around on the computer! I really do need to do the other things though, so maybe I can get something done!

That's great news Barbara!:)

I'm still feeling kinda woozy today, not quite as bad as yesterday though(yet). I did figure out that I'm OK for about 30 minutes after I eat something. My mom was diagnosed with vertigo when I was in Junior High & she went through a whole bunch of questions with me last night. She thinks that's what it is too. I've had problems with my blood pressure in the past so it could be that also. I'm going to call the doctor today & se when I can get in to see him. Thanks everyone!:)

Barbara, I'm so happy for you!!

Crewsk, I'm happy that you are going to the doctor! Take care and be careful driving.

Crewsk, glad you are going to the doctor. Vertigo isn't something to take lightly. Dh had a terrible bout of it many years ago and still has some off and on, but never like the first time. He had gone to a deacon's retreat and had to be brought home in the back of a station wagon with pillows all over and under him. The good thing is they treat it better these days. With dh, stress makes it worse, so make sure you are taking care of yourself.

Barbara, I'm so glad to hear that the school was willing to work with you! Enjoy your "freebie" week!

Crewsk, take care of yourself. I'm worried about you! :flowers:

My treadmill dies last night!!:mad:
I've been walking 1 mile for 4 days and 2 miles Fri.-Sun. I take one night off.
I've lost 4 lbs and now I'll end up going backwards again:(

Don't think hubby will buy me a new one. I got this one at a garage sale for $100. I would love to get an elliptical.
I don't walk in the neighborhood, cause, there is not a leash law plus, dogs get dumped around here all the time and I'm too scared of getting attacked.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!

Texasgirl,

How about the high school or middle school track? I know a lot of people who walk there. The woman who played Harriet Oleson on Little House on the Prairie used to walk the track of the junior high school in Vista, CA, where I used to live. If nothing else, just make sure there's nothing in the way and walk all over your house at a brisk pace! Not a lot of room in my house for that, but from the front of my house to the back, done a lot of times would add up. :cool: Hopefully you can get an elliptical. Just keep hinting to Santa!

Barbara L said:
Texasgirl,

How about the high school or middle school track? I know a lot of people who walk there. The woman who played Harriet Oleson on Little House on the Prairie used to walk the track of the junior high school in Vista, CA, where I used to live. If nothing else, just make sure there's nothing in the way and walk all over your house at a brisk pace! Not a lot of room in my house for that, but from the front of my house to the back, done a lot of times would add up. :cool: Hopefully you can get an elliptical. Just keep hinting to Santa!

I don't want to have to drive up to the school:LOL: I hate driving anywhere unless I have too. I'm just going to pout and see if hubby will get it for me.
but, if not, I will walk all around my house.

Texasgirl--Are there any good looking guys in the neighborhood? Just tell your husband that without a treadmill to take up all your time and energy, you have nothing to do now but watch the goings on in the neighborhood. LOL (J/K!).

Barbara L said:
Texasgirl--Are there any good looking guys in the neighborhood? Just tell your husband that without a treadmill to take up all your time and energy, you have nothing to do now but watch the goings on in the neighborhood. LOL (J/K!).

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: I wish there were!!

ok.. I've venting. LOUDLY.!!!

I just posted under "what was the last thing that made you smile"
My happy news that I GET TO HAVE CHRISTMAS AT HOME THIS YEAR".

Christmas has been hard for as long as I can remember. Mom and dad divorced when I was 8. Mom and I moved up here while everyone else stayed in Oregon. Every year we had to go down for both holidays and it was always a huge fight between mom and dad about when they'd each get me. It'd start a month a head of time and continue until Jan. Fight after fight... All I ever wanted was to wake up in my own bed on Christmas morning. This year I get too!!!

Years pass... I meet Paul and we pretty much do Christmas and Thanksgiving at his parents place in Salem. Mom was always invited. She came once or twice. We'd have Christmas and Thanksgiving with mom a few days before or a few days after. She hated this because it only counts as "spending the holiday with her" if we are there on the actual date. So, about four years ago we started trading off. Christmas with Paul's family and Thanksgiving with her. The next year Christmas ON CHRISTMAS day with mom and Thanksgiving with Paul's family. Paul's folks are very understanding about this and have no problems at all. We miss out on so much though. Christmas eve is one of the most special nights in the family. Everyone is there 25-30 of us sometimes more. Good food, good friends, good times. Mom just doesn't understand. She's invited but refuses to come. So, every other year we miss the party.

This Christmas was supposed to be spent at Mom's house. She just moved in with Grandpa though and there's no room for us at his house, David can't take time off work to drive all the way down there and grandpa has a very very bad drinking problem... SO, a few days ago I invited mom up here for Christmas. She said YES. She sounded fine with it, happy even because she didn't want to spend christmas at her dad's either... She called awhile ago and informed me that "next year will be her turn and she expects us to go to her house" After all she's missing having her Christmas turn!!!!!!!
There's no way we can rotate the holidays at this point. There are too many other family members and people involved. I'm so mad at her.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal... I did a bad job explaining how painful the holidays have always been. I just want everyone ( including ME) to be happy and I don't think that it's ever going to happen.

Thanks for listening.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom