"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #491
Master Chef

You made the only sane and motherly choice, Dina!! Did you physically punish, no, did you lock him up in a closet and take away his food, no. There are too many out there that would have done just that, even worse!
You were firm and he will know that next time, he better do his work if he wants to have the privelages back.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #492
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Dina - you are a good mom. I would of done the exact same thing - and feel the exact same way you do. I always tell me dd - it is so much harder being a good mom than a bad one. He will appreciate it one day. Kudos to you!

Old 09-22-2006, 09:33 PM   #493
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thank you all (BIG HUGS to you all)! I'm crying as I'm reading all of your replies cause I've been holding this pain all afternoon (plus all the darn pmsing that goes along with it). Crap! Just got back from soccer practice with my daughter and DH took our 12 year old son for a drive (actually to get a bottle of rum) and a loooooooooooooooooooooooong talk. I just pray that my DH has the right words to say and that Justin understands and gets moving on school. Got to get back to dinner. Thanks again you all. Love ya.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #494
Executive Chef

Oh! The Horror!

I had to drink de-caf coffee this morning.

<shudders>
Old 09-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #495
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenMI
Oh! The Horror!

I had to drink de-caf coffee this morning.

<shudders>

Old 09-28-2006, 03:00 PM   #496
Executive Chef

Freaking kids destroyed another computer keyboard today! That's two in three weeks! ARGGHHH!!

At least I have the laptop. I'll have to go and buy another keyboard. Luckily, an ergonomic "curved" USB keyboard is only $30 at the local computer parts store.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #497
Everymom

Allen, I feel your pain. Dang kids! Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #498
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Allen, I feel your pain. Dang kids! Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em!
oops....

And Dina, I'm officially the Queen of Cave, never carried through on any threat ever. Just didn't have the heart for it. Good for you for following through. I would like to say that in spite (or because of) my lack of strong discipline, both kids are well adjusted and doing very well in college. They also tell me all the time that they love me, and confide their heart's feelings too. Not bad, I'd say. And yes, both of them failed plenty of tests, plenty of classes. It's always tough to know what to do in any particular case. Take each one as they come. Sometimes being strong works, and sometimes, you have to let the hit bottom to figure out how to climb up, alone. Hope you are feeling better now, and same for your son.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #499
Executive Chef

Well, PeppA found my digital camera today. It was stuck back in the closet. Logan, one of my twins, like to worm his way in there and hide. I'm missing quite a bit of gold jewelry, I wonder if it's in there somewhere?

I noticed the camera was set to "Video", and was off (thank goodness for power-saver functions!). I opened up the memory bay, and sure enough, the SD card was still in there, but backwards. I had to use a pair of tweezers to get it out. I turned the camera Off, then to Auto (like I was going to take a picture), and it booted up. Good. I'm not really worried about the batteries, as I'm using rechargables. I popped the SD card into my laptop, and sure enough, there were about 20 still captures on the card. One of them was actually fairly decent, and it was of the OTHER twin, Ronnie. Ah ha! Team effort! I ripped the one decent pic onto the laptop, formatted the card, and put the card back in the camera. At least now, I can take some picutres.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:38 PM   #500
Head Chef

<rant on>

Here's my rant:

So, I finally get my car. I ordered it over *3* months ago. I went and picked it up last night. What does it do today? It rains. Not only rains, but *hails* and then *pours." And does the rain stop? No. It rains from 1.5 hours before I got off work until now, and it's still raining.

At least the hail didn't do any damage, and I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow. It's supposed to be *gorgeous* all weekend, so I would imagine I'm going to put some mountain miles on the newest addition to the stable.

<rant off>

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
Closed Thread