Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snoop, so very sorry. I recently went through that experience last year when we lost two kitties within 6 months due to kidney disease. This week we learned that our doggie of 6/12 years has two torn ACL's requiring very expensive surgery. He's a 70 pound mixed breed that we just adore to pieces. Not sure if surgery will be an option for him. Therefore, at this point, we are not sure what his future holds. So I can sympathize with your heavy heart. Please know that our thoughts are with you.

Snoop Puss said:
Thanks lulu and Glenda. Unfortunately, we had to have him put to sleep. The vet came up with an enormous treatment regime but he had gone downhill so fast since our last visit that it was obviously going to be too much for him. All very sad.

I'm so sorry, after my last pet was gone I couldn't sleep for month. I still wake up dreaming about him. I told my wife I can't have pets anymore. I become so atach to them...

lulu said:
My m-i-l died 8 years ago last Tuesday...still rumbling on. She died intestate. Looks like my recently remarried F-i-l is keeping it all to buy a huge NYC place for him and new wife. He is offering five thousand pounds over five years to each of his children. Fair enough if they get nothing, except the property sold this week for six figure sum: and it ws my M-i-l's before her marriage to him. I am SURE she would have expected her kids to get at least a resonable percentage of her own property!

Oh, terrible terible thing. My in-laws are alive and well, but 2 of my sisters-in-law, already telling us that we are etting nothing, that since we do not live in town they are going o get everything. O, no I don't want to even think about all of that, it's too early in the morning to get upset, becaus emy in-laws are not doing anything to prevent that from happening. And I doubt they ever will. Of course my parents who have very little already have everything in our names.

ugh! kinda was thinking about taking a nap! Those weekend snoozes are so nice sometimes! But right about the time I am talking myself into snuggling into my down comforter.... thud thud thud... neighbor's decide they would like to blare some fantastic gangsta rap. I'm not knocking on any kind of music, but this is the kind my children shouldn't really hear..... so instead of succumbing to sleepiness, I am mad. :mad: and not sleepy anymore.

Is IT True?

lulu said:
My m-i-l died 8 years ago last Tuesday...still rumbling on. She died intestate. Looks like my recently remarried F-i-l is keeping it all to buy a huge NYC place for him and new wife. He is offering five thousand pounds over five years to each of his children. Fair enough if they get nothing, except the property sold this week for six figure sum: and it ws my M-i-l's before her marriage to him. I am SURE she would have expected her kids to get at least a resonable percentage of her own property!

Don't they always, always say 'MONEY root of all evil'? Reading your quote only confirms it. People never have enough. The ones that have always seem to get more and don't want to share. I never heard about wills till I got married. Honestly, to me the wealth of someone never really attracted me. I considered the person first. Maybe I blessed to be raised by a mother who knew wisdom. She managed to always have enough. My in-laws were in oil business. My family always received more from my mother t han from the his parents who had not only one home but 5. Plus cars were another commodity. When my husband and I went through divorce, he requested EVERYTHING his family had given us. Even things the deceased had given the kids. This was something I gladly returned. Like everything, if it isn't given with a loving heart who wants it?

Hope you will feel the same way soon! As I said, is 'money the root of all evil'? Only if you don't share.

I think I agree. But I don't really want to share: I would rather we had nothing at this point. We have been think a lot about thinking about starting a family, I don't think that this disharmony is the right environment in which to bring a new life into a family. I fell if we get nothing than the relationship with DH's family is not one they have "bought from us". That doesn't mean I am still not shocked by the unfairness of whats happening, but just that the horrific effects this is having on the people is not worth any price. I have seen things about my in laws (the ones with the money and the ones going without) that I would rather not have known. :( Thanks for the perspective In the kitchen.

Thanks

Thanks lulu for trying to understand what I say. After 25 years and so much heartache for the kids, I would not allow this feeling to grab hold of me. If you have a good husband that alone is priceless and I mean priceless. He will also be thankful that you are not going to allow this type of treatment to affect your relationship with him. It will make him grow in character and I know we are always learning from one another; he will truly learn from you if you can ignore this. Believe me having children who are ignored is much more hurtful than enduring the pain yourself. I realize now after all this, my adult children, consider having happiness over material wealth. May not be millionaires but truly their heart is in right place. Am I thankful for that! Only took long time for me to realize how this all would turn out. Being wealthy does not make one happy, may help, but not answer.

Last edited:
My wonderful m-i-l died in October-----what a huge loss. None of us except my s-i-l who was taking care of her knew how much she really had------just wished that she had spent more on herself but she was a child of the Great Depression and therefore very frugal. As someone has already posted it is SO important to leave a will-----it saves so much grief and confusion later on. There are some crazy laws out there that you might not be aware of if you or a family member die w/o a will. Case in point. My father adopted my stepsister before shipping out to Viet Nam--our stepmother did not adopt the 4 of us because they were told it wasn't necessary-----WRONG!! My step-mom died before our father with no will. Guess what Texas law has to say about what happens if he died (which he did five years later)???? Stepsister is entitled to HALF the assets and the rest of us 1/5 with her getting the additional 1/5!!!!!!! Kid you not!!! Since my father was in a full care facility by this time she was kind enough to sign a quit claim as we didn't know how long he would live and it was very expensive. We all know that our parents would have wanted everything to be divided up equally but that's NOT what Texas law would have said---all because there was no will. And had my s-sister been very greedy she would have legally gotten most of everything. Instead the sister who was overlooking his affairs got nearly everything because we weren't told of a land inheritance worth a lot of money until many years down the road. But that's another story-----and it's her conscience.

I'm about ready to scream!! I took TC back to the ortho today & although he is no longer limping, the doc wants to see him again in 2 weeks. Mainly because when the hip area is pressed, TC is still in pain. The doc said today that there sems to be some deep swelling around the growth plate. When we go back, he'll take another x-ray. If he's still having any pain, then we'll do an MRI. The good news is that as he gets older & the growth plate closes, he won't have any more problems.

crewsk said:
I'm about ready to scream!! I took TC back to the ortho today & although he is no longer limping, the doc wants to see him again in 2 weeks. Mainly because when the hip area is pressed, TC is still in pain. The doc said today that there sems to be some deep swelling around the growth plate. When we go back, he'll take another x-ray. If he's still having any pain, then we'll do an MRI. The good news is that as he gets older & the growth plate closes, he won't have any more problems.
Oh for heavens sake. That poor boy. How long does the doctor plan to let this go on? Seems to me he should have sent TC for x-rays today! Hang in there mom, hopefully you wil have an answer soon and TC can move toward being pain free and a kid having fun.

kadesma

Thanks kades! They did an x-ray the first time I took him, he just wants another one when we go back to see if there has been any change. I doubt very seriously there will be anything new since the first one was normal & he has not gotten any worse. Granted he's doing better, but I'm tired of having to get him out of school early or take him in late to make the 30 minute drive to the doc's office. I know he's getting tired of it too, he told me today when we left that he'd be glad when he didn't have to have someone poking at his hip every week.

In an effort to keep drinking some fluids, we've been making an effort to NOT buy as much soda, and to buy some non-caffienated drinks that both the kids and the adults will drink. I'm also trying to steer clear of drinks laden with sugar. Thusly:

<rant>

Why, WHY!?!? Must the predominate, and sometimes, ONLY, flavor of sugar-free Koolaid available be Tropical Punch? I can't stand that stuff! Why not some other basic flavors, like a s/f grape, orange, etc.?

</rant>

Sorry Crewsk .... I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for all of you. I've had several friends who have dealt with similar situations (not the symptoms as TJ but going back and forth with no solid answers) and they requested a referral to a doctor a childrens hospital close by (Rileys) and after they saw the doctors there they got the answers they were looking for. Just a thought.

Thanks Sizz! The doc he's seeing is a part of the children's hospital, that's another thing that makes it so frustrating.

Allen, I feel your pain!! I hate tropical punch flavored anything. It just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

allen, i hear you.:LOL: i'm caffeine-free & drink juices & fruit drinks or pop like gingerale 'cept they're so sugary- i dilute mine often. look around; you'll likely find some other flavors to drink. took me awhile, then i found drinks i'd drink.

Last edited:
Oh, we have others, as well. We keep juice around for the kids, and I usually keep some powered gatorade handy. I'm just venting frustration, since PeppA bought the gritty, Tropical Punch Koolaid.

<rant>

What's with the price of eggs? It's been going up non-stop for over a month now? I just looked at the grocery store today, and a 60-pack (5 dz), costs almost $9US!

</rant>

AllenOK said:
What's with the price of eggs? It's been going up non-stop for over a month now? I just looked at the grocery store today, and a 60-pack (5 dz), costs almost $9US!

I'm with you, Allen. What the crap! I am goin' goofy over eggs here, too. About a month ago I was paying 49 cents a dozen. Wednesday they were $1.19 a dozen. Have the chickens unionized?

chix unionized, yep. my organic eggs that i get, whew! 'bout a million per carton! healthy food is expensive!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom