Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha YT, don't worry. I'm pretty hip about when to use antibiotics and when not. I'm irritated that I was taking them without needing them. Trust me, I'm allergic to so many that I'm pretty careful about their use at all.

I didn't know the uncomfortably warm part, but it makes sense when I think about it. Thanks, I'll give that a go. I've been sucking back hot tea (herbal mostly) like there is no tomorrow.

Edit: YT, should I be wearing a scarf to keep my throat warm or would just raising my overall body temp do the trick. I'm thinking the latter.

yeah, that part of the reason infected areas get "Hot" it`s how we naturaly defend ourselves, I Used to know the name of the lil` suckers responsible for this action, but be sure, they ARE on your side :)

anti-pyretics are Not a good idea to be taking right now either (defeats the object and delays the inevitable).

aspirin, ibuprofen etc... not great.

Well at the moment I don't need the pain killers, but I tell you the last few days I sure did. I had a gargle that worked well, but I can't be using that at work as I need to be on the floor with the kiddos supervising, not in the bathroom gargling.

I'll wear sweaters for the next couple of days and hopefully kill those little boogers. If I weren't working I'd be swilling back the wine too. Purely for antiseptic reasons of course. ;)

Chlorhexidine based gargles are great, even sorts out Gum or Tooth disease as well as internal applications (surgical) it`s a generaly good all-rounder :)

I`ll shut up now for a bit, I`m sure I must bore you all.

whoa! It's like I walked into a classroom!

here's my vent, and I'm sure I don't share it with anyone, but nevertheless, it's a vent for me.

It is sunny. And warm.

The forecast called for rain. They were wrong again, darn it! I love cold, dark rainy days!

I know I should be happy it's sunny....(but I get so happy and energized and motivated when it's rainy!) I'd move to Seattle, but I'm afraid dh's commute to work may be a bit long:ermm:

jkath said:
whoa! It's like I walked into a classroom!

here's my vent, and I'm sure I don't share it with anyone, but nevertheless, it's a vent for me.

It is sunny. And warm.

The forecast called for rain. They were wrong again, darn it! I love cold, dark rainy days!

We woke up to two inches of snow and it's still coming down!!!:( :(
Wanna trade places??

YT2095 said:
erm... that offer Open to me too?

I Luuurv t3h Snow :)

SURE!!! Better hurry though.. it's supposed to start to rain
any minute. Fly over quick.
smiles, T:)

WOOT! YT makes Snow Angels on PDswifes` back yard and chalenges her to a snow-ball fight :P

got a Basketball hoop set up? that`s fun too :)

opps...sorry no basket ball... if you're lucky ya might see some deer or our local bobcat running around though. : )

Automatic Pilot

Do you ever get so tired you run on automatic pilot?
I'm sort of doing day and night care since BH came home from hospital a week today. Don't misunderstand me I honestly don't mind, that's what I'm here for but I need to be on the alert all the time and I feel like I'm on automatic pilot. He is improving with each passing day but is very very tired. It will take a while to sleep off that amount of anaesthetic plus the low haemoglobin. The Doctor's making a home visit tomorrow as there are 1 or 2 things I feel should be checked on and I don't have the medical 'knowhow'
This isn't meant as a moan because I genuinely treasure him,it's just a 'vent'
The ironic thing at the moment is that he who always liked a 'lie in' is awake at 6.00a.m. and deciding to get up..and I who never have lie ins am desperate for 1 !!
Thanks for listening.:)

csalt,
I know, mine had one day surgery to repair a hernia not long ago and let me tell you..Oh boy!!First off being a pharmacist, he knows everything about everything:LOL: right? Then man was a wreck..Before surgery he could drive himself there and back, after, thank God they had a wheel chair or else I would have had to carry him..Every five minutes was the bandage okay, were there any sutures , he couldn't look made him gag,could he have some soup,water? ice cream? newspapar, what was I doing on the puter? Wake me up at 3 gee okay I'll take a nap now it's 4 see, after about 2 weeks, he got a tad bored, by the 3rd week he was up and off again..He survived, he made it, it was a piece of cake and look he did it all by his lonesome:ROFLMAO: Now if someone aske me about a c-section, what the heck do I know, nd he's off and running, after all he had the kids, I just watched:ROFLMAO:
All kidding aside, I was bushed and once he started to get on his feet, he did everything he could for me as he always has...Your DH has been through it and I bet at the back of his mind is a little nag about the cancer..how could there not be? Hang in there and steal a minute when you can..
hugs to you both.
kadesma:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom