"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #561
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
today has been pretty good....but it aint over yet!

Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 PM   #562
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I know DS started a new thread "What Ticked You Off Today" but this is really the same as the "Venting" thread thus they were merged. No hard feelings DS, right?

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 10-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #563
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Nope. Just want folks to tell us the bad stuff so we can give them a BIG hug!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #564
Executive Chef

Hugs

Thanks for all the hugs! Really help when you can't stand others and yourself either.

How is everyone doing today? It is NEW day, look forward to somthing GOOD happening. I have been told if we keep this thought uppermost in our thoughts we will always find good. It does help to talk to yourself. I notice at times people talking to themselves. Doesn't surprise me. I tell myself (in silence) I have been there done that.

I am sending out good thoughts to all of you and especially those of you with pets. They truly fill a void in my life and I know they do in yours.

So let's hear how you are doing? We want to know.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #565
Head Chef

Still trying to get over general anaesthetic for an op on Tuesday. Feeling pretty knocked sideways, but better than yesterday. So that's good!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #566
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Snoop Puss, I hope all gets better for you soon!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #567
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you? Well, today I was there returning a cheap evening bag I bought last month. This store just implemented a cash-back policy - they used to only issue store credit but now they will give cash/credit back. Well, no need for cash back for me as I returned an evening bag and was buying three times the amount of the return - I just wanted the credit to be applied to my new purchase. I hand the purse and the receipt to the cashier and she tells me that she can only give me the last sale price of the purse because it has been longer than 30 days. I explain that I do not want cash back, I want the amount I paid for the purse to be put towards my current purchases. She tells me again that she cannot give me what I paid for it but only what the last sale price was. I explain, again, getting irritated, that the receipt is proof of what I paid for it and that I do not want the cash back only the credit towards my new purchase. The manager comes and asks me if I have shopped in their store before. I am getting ready to throw my merchandise at him and walk out when he says he will give me what the receipt says "this time" but it won't happen again. I thanked him (even though I didn't think it was necessary). Anyways, I looked at my receipt, yes it was over thirty days, it was 33 days....As it turned out the cashier only charged me for two items instead of three - I just couldn't walk out of there knowing I wasn't charged for everything, even though I was tempted!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #568
Everymom

Way to go Michelemarie, but don't shop there again after THAT crap. I know there are a lot of places getting persnickety about returns, but I make a point of spending my money in places that don't hassle me at all if I need to return something. Here in Edmonton the two best places are Costco and WalMart. They will take EVERYTHING back with no questions asked. The WORST is Superstore, holy moly they are a royal pain in the butt. I no longer shop there.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:04 PM   #569
Master Chef

I thought that was the whole idea of having a stupid receipt!! I know if you don't have one, they will only give you what the product is selling for at that time. Good for you on keeping your cool!! I don't know that I would have. LOL
Old 10-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #570
Head Chef

Venting

Yesterday I had a car accident. I was stopped at a red light and a car that was crossing on a green light ran into my passanger side bumper. Right after he ran into me he kept going at a very high speed and I was very stressed out. Jolie was in the car with me and she started crying.

I pulled over to the side and looked at the damage and I started crying. A man that was next to me came over to me and asked it I was okay. He saw the accident but didn't get the license plate. He said that it looked to him as if the man was drunk or on drugs.

I was on my way to my Therapist and I was a basket case. Gail and I talked for an hour and after I left I felt much better. It is only a car and can be fixed and Jolie and I are not hurt.

Jill and Jolie
Closed Thread