Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss Crewsk..

Hot lemon/honey tea??? Got lost did ya? :ermm: Could be you might need to go easy on the ah...uhm "Tea"? :LOL: Anyway, I am glad you found your way home.
Wait until you go to the grocery store..come out with a buggy of groceries and then walk a "marathon" looking for your car.Talk about embarassing!:wacko: I walked by this same old dude sitting in a car three times..I got some very strange looks from him:ROFLMAO: Mom's veggie/beef soup will do the trick!!!!

Take care......

I didn't have the tea until after I got home.:-p :LOL:

I have lost my car in a parking garage before. Does that count? I took my son to the orthopedic surgon & when we came out, I couldn't find my car. I pressed the panic alarm hoping that I would see the lights flashing, but I could only hear the horn blowing from below us. We went down to the next level & it wasn't there. We walked that entire garage 3 or 4 times before I realized that were on the wrong side of the wall! TC thought it was funny that I had lost the car & couldn't wait to get home to tell his dad.:rolleyes:

Miss Crewsk...

Well next time drink the "tea" BEFORE you go..Maybe it will keep you from getting lost. :-p Yourself!!! :LOL:

Parking garage...wrong floor...Wrong Side of the Wall???:ROFLMAO:

Well Bless your heart child! Bless your heart!

Just burnt my neck with my curling iron. Now I have to go to work looking like I have a weird shaped hickey on my neck. OW! AND...I poked myself with the mascara wand. Sheesh. Clearly I should not bother with make up.

OK, off to work. Be good everyone.

ROFL! Yep, I will be so cool you could make ice cubes on me. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, what cruel demented genius created mascara? I figure its the same person who invented pantyhose and high heels. You know they make you look great, but what a royal PITA!

Alix said:
ROFL! Yep, I will be so cool you could make ice cubes on me. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, what cruel demented genius created mascara? I figure its the same person who invented pantyhose and high heels. You know they make you look great, but what a royal PITA!

It had to be a man, Alix. Max Factor & Frederick's of Hollyweird. :LOL:

YEAH! I don't recall EVER seeing mascara in the Victoria's Secret catalog. Don't correct me if I am wrong though :huh:

I threw a tantrum this morning because my "lovely red-brown, naturally curly locks" (so says the salon guru) spiralled out of control, so I fought back and took the scissors to them (much to salon guru's dismay), thus followed by a hefty tip to the fabulouso salon guru for turning my chunky whack job into.. well, I'm not sure yet. We'll find out tomorrow at Round 2, 7:23am. I told her i was going "Britney" (sp?) on her if it didn't work out.

Last edited:
Darn, darn, double darn...Because of county rules, now that my mother has passed, we cannot keep the mobile home she lived in on our 8 acres..
so, we sold it to my son's wifes ,sisters husband...He hires a firm to move the thing, they are supposed to let us know when, so we can remove the rest of the furniture...We wait, wait, wait, low and behold, 7 sunday morning, here they are!!! Put wheels on that beauty and ran over 4 beautiful roses bushes my dad had planted for my mom about 5 years ago, just flattened them to the ground..Now, we have to travel 60 miles to get back, two chais, a large marble coffee table, the king sized bed,dresser,night stands, another chair my daughter wanted, and the good sized sweing cabnet dad made for mom to keep all her sewing needs in..
You know, at the time, I was so stunned, that I couldn't even get angry..I often wonder why people are so inconsiderate of others? I know I can get the things back, that isn't really that bad, but, I just was taken by surprise, and it was like watching DH's mom and my dad and mom leave us all over again..And it hurt like blazes!! When my kids and the little guys came that day for a bbq, my girls just stood, looked at the empty space and started to cry, of course, it sent me and all the kids including poor little Olivia into tears as well, and my poor sons-in-law, both got tears in their eyes..Ah, phooey, life can be a pain in the pita sometimes..!!
kadesma:(

So sorry Kads for the pain of all this. Is it possible you can plant a flower garden or a small orchard of trees there as a memorial spot. Maybe something beautiful and alive will bring a smile to you and your families faces when you now look out that way. Maybe a little nook within the garden with a small table and chairs that you could go and read. Again, I wished I could take the pain and sorrow away. Big Hugs!

Thanks Sizz,
I'll be okay, just was taken by surprise..Son-in-law took a look and thinks we can save the roses..That makes this mess not quite so hurtful..

kadesma

corazon said:
What a rough day kadesma! I sure hope you can save the roses. I don't know what it is about inconsiderate people either. Everyone is in too much of a hurry to care.

Hugs to you and yours.
Thanks Cora,
it was really a lousy day..Things are a little smoother now, and having Ethan and Livi hee today rally helped..That little Girl is a ball of fire and as sweet as can be. She seems to just know when you need a hug and is right there to be picked up..Ethan that little blue eyed loning boy, spent a lot of time to day at my side, I got so many hugs and kisses from him..It made the day fly by...You can't ask for more than that to lift your heart.:) Unless its a hug from three of my favorite people, you and those cute little ones of your.

kadesma

pdswife said:
Kadesma... some people just suck. How mean and rude.

smiles, T
I know T...I swear, I will never do something like that...I just don't understand what is so hard about calling to let you know they are coming..Most people now days have a cell phone slaped to there ear all the time..Beats me what's so hard about one more call!!!! I suppose business is business hum?

kadesma:)

That's just horrid, so rude!

As for the roses, you know, a hard prune and they might be better than ever. I am failing to remember which famous English garden it is that does this, but anyway, they raze all their roses to the ground every three years to keep them vigourous! Too drastic for me, but I am known to be a good hard rose pruner - I do my mother's because she can't bear to prune them back as ruthlessly as I do, and the growh on them is always remarkable. I hope, with some luck, in the long term your roses will benefit from this assault on them.

Oh kadesma, what a crappy day! Thank goodness for those loving arms you had with you all day. Heres one more hug {{{{{{{{{{kadesma}}}}}}}}}}

So sorry for your horrible day, but glad you have your darlings with you - Grandchildren can brighten and make your day ! Your Moms Roses with be awesome this year ! Enjoy

lulu said:
That's just horrid, so rude!

As for the roses, you know, a hard prune and they might be better than ever. I am failing to remember which famous English garden it is that does this, but anyway, they raze all their roses to the ground every three years to keep them vigourous! Too drastic for me, but I am known to be a good hard rose pruner - I do my mother's because she can't bear to prune them back as ruthlessly as I do, and the growh on them is always remarkable. I hope, with some luck, in the long term your roses will benefit from this assault on them.
lulu,
would my dad have loved you:) He was a pruner and drove my mom who had a black thumb to distraction..But I tell you he had a yard of beautiful roses and I can remember coming in their home to find each room full of the sweet smell of tea roses and here he'd come with more for my mom..She always had a house filled with flowers.. We are going to cut them way back and we are thinking of a gazebo for out there to make it a little special..Thanks for reminding me about the pruning, that is what we will do...

kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom