"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #591
Executive Chef

Drain Backed UP!

Last night made my first trip down to the basement. Don't know why sooner! But noticed horrible smell. Sure enough the drain was backed up and cannot believe what I had to clean up. when the drain backs up, is it only from your drain or could it be your neighbors mess you have to clean up? It is raining and we needed the rain and now it won't stop. I called the drain man and feel bad he has to work in this mess. I at least cleaned the opening in the basement which was a shock. It must have happened sometime yesterday because I was down there night before. What an absolute mess. Someone said to pour Clorox down there once a month. Just st ar ted putting it into practice and now this happens. I do appreciate someone who can stop this from continuing to back up.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #592
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
So so so icky! Sorry!!!!! Yuck!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #593
Executive Chef

pdswife

bet you been through this before, right? You described exactly what it looked like! Hope the toilet flushes it out in the drain. Too many have to use the pot. They don't want to mess with it. Since I find it it is up to me to take care of it. Such sweet considerate men.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #594
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Nope! And I think it's something I can live with out. I saw the inside of a septic tank once and that was close enough.

Good luck with getting it cleaned QUICKLY!!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:17 PM   #595
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
OK, it has been a wonderful day so why am I having to vent? I'll tell you! I just got home from church & lunch with my parents & I had a huge box of halloween candy to get out of the trunk of my car. Well, I leaned in the trunk without making sure it was open all the way & whamed my head on the latch. I literally saw stars & black spots for about a miunte. Now I have a lump on the side of my head & a headache!!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #596
Chef Extraordinaire

OUCH!! Ice and and afternoon of relaxing on the couch should be the plan for the day. Take care.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #597
Head Chef

Oh, I hate things like that. They hurt beyond any bounds of reasonableness. Time for everyone else to give you a lot of TLC.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:58 PM   #598
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thankd pds & Snoop! I tried to take a nap but between the dog chasing the kitten, the phone ringing, the wind blowing the witch around on my front door, & the kid from down the stree coming & ringing the doorbell to see if TC could come out to play, it didn't happen! My head is feeling better though, it just hurts if I touch it now & the headache is just a dull pain.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:06 PM   #599
Executive Chef

One of my favorite groups is the Rolling Stones. DH bought tickets to their concert in November for my birthday. The concert was just cancelled.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #600
Everymom

Oh crap! How come?

Closed Thread