Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Nathan... spending a night at a cheap motel is not an ideal choice either when you are still feeling icky, but given the choice, it was a wiser thing to do... what a jerk of a boss he is, I hope he will get sick and realise how hard it is!! And I bet a person like this is typically the one who moans to the whole world that he is about to die when he does get sick even just slightly!

Have him bundle up well for the journey and slip in a goodie or two in his baggage, I hope all will go well for him!!

bethzaring said:
my eyes were getting wide on this too, i'm thinking, ouch, ooouuuuhhh, my what would that do to your skin. Then i'm thinking the old lady had probably self embalmed her self, that's why she lived so long:LOL:

Wonder what else she did with household cleaners.......:ermm: .....never mind ;)

Poor Nathan......tell him were thinking of him and hope he feels better soon......and to be sure to cough and sneeze whenever the boss is in the vacinity and if he can to be sure to cough on the bosses phone reciever.....that'll teach the no good scoundral to not have any sympathy for others. Not very nice of me I guess but the boss started it ;)

Last edited:
PA Baker said:
:LOL: That's gotta be it, Beth!:ROFLMAO:

As I called it, Nathan was exhausted by the time he got in to work this AM. His boss made it clear that between the time he missed for my grandfather's funeral last week and the two days this week for pneumonia he had to stay all day to get caught up (he's already caught up):mad: . He then told Nathan he had to go to Philadelphia tomorrow for an 8:30 AM meeting. From here, he'd have to catch a 4:30 AM train to get there on time and the boss wasn't going to let him go down this evening because he didn't want to have to pay for a hotel room!:angry: He finally relented when Nathan found as cheap of a rate as possible. I hate the thought of him traveling and doing so much when he feels so badly but it's his job. What can you do? At least he'll be able to get some rest and not get up so terribly early tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that Sofie is feeling well enough that I can manage her on my own all night!:wacko:

This is horrible and it sounds like a Joan Crawford movie. It's hard to believe that bosses act like that. :ohmy: :(

Last edited:
My goodness, what kind of work does Nathan do that someone can't cover for him when he's this sick? Poor guy.

His boss needs a kick in the pants!

PA Baker said:
As I called it, Nathan was exhausted by the time he got in to work this AM. His boss made it clear that between the time he missed for my grandfather's funeral last week and the two days this week for pneumonia he had to stay all day to get caught up (he's already caught up):mad: . He then told Nathan he had to go to Philadelphia tomorrow for an 8:30 AM meeting. From here, he'd have to catch a 4:30 AM train to get there on time and the boss wasn't going to let him go down this evening because he didn't want to have to pay for a hotel room!:angry: He finally relented when Nathan found as cheap of a rate as possible. I hate the thought of him traveling and doing so much when he feels so badly but it's his job. What can you do? At least he'll be able to get some rest and not get up so terribly early tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that Sofie is feeling well enough that I can manage her on my own all night!:wacko:

This truely sucks. It appears DH's boss is having a problem and is unfortunately taking it out on DH. The boss really does need a kick in the pants. I liked the suggestion that DH sneeze on the boss's phone, or some such similar tactic.:) I hope the whole family recovers soon:(

gosh, I wish this thread didn't have to be, and we were all happy without life's craziness! Wishing for a better day tomorrow!

My vent today is, I am just cranky. Not outwardly towards others, at least hopefully not a lot, but just feeling very overwhelmed, like you get pulled in 28 different directions, physical, emotional, the whole thing, and then, you leave over half of it unfinished or unattended or just gave up, because you are too busy being sidetracked by all the other stuff, then nothing gets done. Like I don't even have time to think! And I-NEED-MY-THINKING-QUIET-ALONE-ME-TIME!!! Reminds me of a quote, "lost myself in a thousand compromises" sigh, going to bed. Tomorrow is a new day. I hope. :angel:

my vent is little--and maybe even funny--but at the time....
i had just found out that my ex decided that since he didn't make alot of money during the last pay period that he doesn't have to pay child support..been waiting all week for the cheque.my other half is out of town working, Jake hasn't been going to sleep like normal since the time change..so i'm tired.i was changing the sheets on my bed and i have 2 big feather pillows that i have protective zipper covers on.well i don't always take those off to wash just the pillow case...well today i did:ohmy:
there was a rip down the seam of the pillow and yup you gussed it..feathers everywhere...looked like i plucked a duck..
think i will be finding feathers for years..

Better today Shannon? I sure know that feeling.

babyhuggies, GRRR!! Darn that ex and darn those feathers! Be very grateful it wasn't a foam chip pillow. Let me tell you from experience that you can't vacuum OR sweep that stuff up. You have to pick up each individual piece up by hand.

okay thought today would be better~but no. Snowing so i have to at least shovel around the gates so we can open and close them...can handle that.but my little guy was up half the night cry with leg pains..now he slept until 11am...no going to bed early tonight.now i just went to throw my wash into the dryer.....the drain hose is leaking massive amounts of water..my laundry room is flooded :ohmy: ...i am so frazzled...my son thought to help me while my back was turned trying to fix the running water from the hose(yes the machine was turned off but the water kept coming) he put the throw rug i have in front of the machine (cement floor-cold..yes thank goodness it is cement)on top of the drainage hole in the floor:wacko:
Am i to old to run away from home?

Oh man. You are having a week! OK, just get the mess cleaned up and say to HECK with the rest of the housework. Just put your feet up and play with your little guy. Everything else will work itself out. Open a can of soup (or 3 or 4...you have teens too right?) for dinner and call it a day. A glass of wine wouldn't go amiss either.

Alix said:
Oh man. You are having a week! OK, just get the mess cleaned up and say to HECK with the rest of the housework. Just put your feet up and play with your little guy. Everything else will work itself out. Open a can of soup (or 3 or 4...you have teens too right?) for dinner and call it a day. A glass of wine wouldn't go amiss either.

Or click your heels together ;) ..... okay if only it worked that way. Sorry your having a tough go of it right now hopefully things will level out soon.... in the meantime Alix is right to heck with the rest it'll still be there I'm sure. You did remind me though of when I was a teen and my sister had a friend spend the night and we decided to have a pillow fight.........bad decision because we were using feather pillows.....who'd of thunk those suckers would just decide to explode :LOL: ... needless to say we were scrambling to clean up the mess before dad got home from work..... mom was none too happy but kept reminding us dad would be home soon and we'd better have the mess cleaned up......you never saw 3 girls kick it into overdrive fast enough :LOL: .

Shannon......sure hope today is better than yesterday.

Well, I have a big vent. I just got a call from hubby & he's been laied off!! He's on his way home right now.:cry: He was told this morning that it was between he & a lady he works with. The lady has been there 6 years compaired to hubby's 1 year so they kept her. Right now, I'm not sure how we're going to make it, we always do when we have these bumps in the road, but it's always hard. One thing's for sure, it brings us closer together. I have to keep looking for the small blessings until he gets another job.

Thanks Uncle Bob! He's been looking for another job for a while now & has sent out several resumes. At least he's got a little bit of a head start on things.

Man oh man. Crewsk, that is a BIG vent. Major nasty news. Hugs to you all and prayers for a BETTER job and soon are going up for you. You guys have had a crappy run lately too.

My vent is truly insignificant. I was looking forward to a haircut today, but the hairdresser oopsed and had me written down for the wrong day. ARGH. And then I was supposed to go pick something up and I had the wrong address so I ended up driving all over the place in vain. Finally gave up, came home and made a cup of tea and got the phone call with the "oops, sorry about that, here's the right address". I'm going to finish my tea and IF there's time after that to pick up that stupid piece of crap I will go do that. Otherwise I'm going to snuggle down with my kitties and read something funny and wait for my girls to come home from school.

crewsk said:
Well, I have a big vent. I just got a call from hubby & he's been laied off!! He's on his way home right now.:cry: He was told this morning that it was between he & a lady he works with. The lady has been there 6 years compaired to hubby's 1 year so they kept her. Right now, I'm not sure how we're going to make it, we always do when we have these bumps in the road, but it's always hard. One thing's for sure, it brings us closer together. I have to keep looking for the small blessings until he gets another job.

Oh no Crewsk!! I remember your last crisis a little over a year ago and I hoped you guys were set for a good while when he found the new opportunity... let's hope and believe he will find something better and bigger soon, something that is truly for him. But for good people like you and your family, I am sure things will turn out well no matter what happens. I will keep you in my thoughts, and wish you guys nothing but the bestust!! Keep your chin up and keep smiling, and be strong!!

((((Hugs))))

Uncle Bob said:
Miss Crewsk...

His eye is on the sparrow....

Things will be fine!

{{{{{Miss crewsk}}}}}}

It may not seem like it now, but Uncle Bob is sooooright. Hang in there Crewsk and vent here..it may help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom