Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crewsk,
right now, I'm sure you feel like you've been kicked by a mule...And it's hard to sit still and listen to us all say it will be better, and just hang in there..I'll just say to you..You are loved, you have each other, and YOU will perservere..A good deal of prayers and happy thoughts are on the way..

kadesma

Sorry to hear this Crewsk. I know it's a hard thing to go through. Been there done that but... as I was thinking about it I realized HEY, it's almost summer!!
If hubby has to be off work this is a nice time for it. Think of the good times you'll be able to have as a family ( between Job interviews)!!!

Oh, crewsk, I'm so sorry this had to happen to you guys again! You're so fortunate that things like this bring you all closer--it could just as easily go the other way. You have a very special family. Give them all a big hug tonight. I hope Matt's doing OK.

We're here for you if there's anything we can do. {{Huge Hugs!}}

Okay... My pet peeve at the moment is that I do 95% of the cooking in my house (kids are out of the house and in college), and it's mostly just my bright star wife and I at home, and I do like to cook. I DO NOT have issue with the cooking part... what I have issue with, is that my bright star can not make a cup of coffee without making a mess of less then one counter...

I love her to death (married 24+ yrs), but she couldn't clean a sink to save her life. :wacko:

Casper

Anyone else relate?

And yes, I know this is pidly in comparison to some posts... but thought it should be lighhtened up after 123 pages :) I was starting to get depressed... i

Crewsk - Please tell us you have some good news.... in any case, my prayers are with you.

Last edited:
That's what makes marriage happy!! The sheer messiness of it all at times!!

Carry on enjoying that coffee:ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Casper, I can truly relate... my partner Cris loves to cook too and very good at it, but he is a type who thinks of only the immediate present and not worry about the mess he makes and the fact of having to cleaning it up, he will use just about everything and then some in the kitchen, spills everything all over the counter, table and floor, honestly he does clean it and cleans it well WHEN he remembers, but most often, he doesn't!!:wacko:

Thank you all so much! Your thoughts, hugs, & prayers are truly being felt! Hubby is doing fine, he had a feeling this was coming, just didn't know when.

So sorry to hear this Crewsk. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I can only imagine how stressful you all must feel. Does your area have a temporary work service in the area? I know a lot of people in this area use it to get their foot into places they want to work. It may tide you guys until he finds what he's looking for.

Thanks Sizz! We have several Temp agencies around here. That's how hubby got this last job. Also, the Job Placement Office (or Unepmloyment Office) is less than a mile from our house. He went ahead & filed his unemployment papers online yesterday so they'll get them first thing Mon. morning. He also has his resume on Monster. Between that & my work, we'll be able to keep our heads above water until he finds another job. Things will be tight but we'll make it.

Well thats good to know.........in the meantime best keep him busy around the house......... or you can send him my way I have lots he can do....gutters need cleaned, foundation needs a coat of paint, etc.... :)

PA Baker said:

....His boss made it clear that between the time he missed for my grandfather's funeral last week and the two days this week for pneumonia he had to stay all day .................
Wow, what is wrong with the people.
I have to thank G-d for my Boss everyday. He is such a nice guy. He never puts the job before people, never. Work always comes second. But we pay back with working double hard when or if we had to take of, for whatever reason. And even guy who we had before, who was a bustard at work, even he aways cared for my family and kids, and always made sure that I take care of family first. He would not even let me work overtime on the weekends, acording to him weekends were for family, the one he did not even have. I doubt I could work for anybody like that, no matter how much money.

shannon in KS said:
What fun! I am being e-stalked on DC by my ex-boyfriend. :cool: Every time I make a post, I get a nasty little email!

Uncle Bob will send war party with many braves, spears and arrows to Ks.
Take scap of Stalker....:bash: Then he leave Miss Shannon alone!!!

Beached!!

Do you ever feel so tired you just feel totally beached?!!

No big vent. Just that's how I feel just now. How did Methuselah manage it!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom