"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #631
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
oooooooooo - that all doesn't sound good Fraid!!!! Hope things even out VERY soon!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 11-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #632
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I wish that I could use explatives here...

Old 11-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #633
Executive Chef

Sometimes just knowing you COULD is enough to make one feel better - takes the pressure off. Hope everything is better very soon. We are all there at one time or another.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #634
Chef Extraordinaire

ditto on what tatt and fraidy said. in fact, i probably won't be around here for a while, because of it.

'bug, i'll pm you about thanksgiving. i hope we're still on. i wouldn't pass that up.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #635
Head Chef

Yikes!

I wonder if it's just the time of year or something. Go ahead and add me to the "lots of bad crap going on" list, too!

Oh well, at least I'm cynical enough to enjoy it these days...

John

Old 11-06-2006, 09:32 AM   #636
Executive Chef

Perfect Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjohn55
Yikes!

I wonder if it's just the time of year or something. Go ahead and add me to the "lots of bad crap going on" list, too!

Oh well, at least I'm cynical enough to enjoy it these days...

John
You described it perfectly how my days are here. One thing right after another. But like someone told me that is life. You have to pay to live. Do you think it is time of year? Everything backing up or quit working. Can't save anymore all gone. This morning found nail in my tire. Since it isn't in the tread have to buy new one. Just what I need.

John, reading your comments is encouraging. At least I don't feel alone. Thanks for sharing. I feel your pain.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #637
Master Chef

Wow! Don't give up the ship just yet, everyone. Things will get better. And we can use each other for support. B.T., life is a series of ups and downs, all thrown together, and sometimes at a pace that seems just too fast to handle. But just when things seem to be at their worst, we always seem to come up with an answer, or something happens to break the tension, or an unexpected bit of help arrives just in the nick of time.

Yes, the holidays do bring with them stress. But the successful execution of plans and the helter/skelter organization that moves us forward make all of the efforts justified, especially when we see the freinds, and most importantly, family realize the deserts of our labors.

We on this site have untapped strengths and talents. We have to dig deep into our resevoirs of those strengths and talents. And when we do, we are often amazed at what we can accomplish.

The only people who ever fail, are those who give up.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #638
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
Wow! Don't give up the ship just yet, everyone. Things will get better. And we can use each other for support. B.T., life is a series of ups and downs, all thrown together, and sometimes at a pace that seems just too fast to handle. But just when things seem to be at their worst, we always seem to come up with an answer, or something happens to break the tension, or an unexpected bit of help arrives just in the nick of time.

Yes, the holidays do bring with them stress. But the successful execution of plans and the helter/skelter organization that moves us forward make all of the efforts justified, especially when we see the freinds, and most importantly, family realize the deserts of our labors.

We on this site have untapped strengths and talents. We have to dig deep into our resevoirs of those strengths and talents. And when we do, we are often amazed at what we can accomplish.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
I completely agree with you G'weed. And I'll add that, for some reason, when negative things happen, they seem to happen is bunches, which only makes the stress greater and our natural manner to want to crawl under a rock. Many times I've felt like I was wading through knee-deep cold molasses. And as you said Goodweed, like magic, the answer or some help comes along.

I've always been a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we may never learn the reason. Or if we do find out why something happens, we may not like the reason. That's just what is. And, finally, it may take years and years to discover out why something happened.

In the wise words of my mother-in-law, "This, too, shall pass."

Hey, everyone, just keep on keepin' on. DC is a wonderful place that offers support and safe haven.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #639
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North

No worries GW - The only thing my parents ever refused to teach me or let me learn was how to give up. As a result, as annoying as it can be at times in my life, I simply refuse to give up. Just don't know how to do it.

And like I said, at least the cynic in me gets to shine during times like this!
(And boy, can he ever be a grade A you-know-what!)

John

Old 11-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #640
Head Chef

Ditto...many, many frustrations right now. Hasving failed to sell my dear little car (which I am secretly quite pleased about, but DH mustn't know that) I have spent all day trying to get UK insurance that will give me coverage in Italy.....the EU was at least meant to make that kind of thing easier, but NO...90 days is the maximum I have found so far. THEN booked Matthew (my car) in to have sat nav and a towbar fitted only to be told I cannot have a tow bar on my model of car....

I gues that I just have to try and travel even lighter...but I can't drive home to England every 90 days to reinsure....