Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you`ve really had a Rough go over the last few days aint ya!

YT sends Hugs :flowers:

(ignore the gas mask and asbestos suit) :ermm::LOL:

Get better soon!

Mine isn't really a vent... more of an OPPS!
We've had a trip planned to Mexico for Months. I really thought we were leaving Sunday morning and I had my week ( and Paul's) planned out perfectly for that. I just looked at the tickets. We leave SATURDAY morning!!! I'm a day late and a dollar short as always! OPPS!!!!

pdswife said:
Get better soon!

Mine isn't really a vent... more of an OPPS!
We've had a trip planned to Mexico for Months. I really thought we were leaving Sunday morning and I had my week ( and Paul's) planned out perfectly for that. I just looked at the tickets. We leave SATURDAY morning!!! I'm a day late and a dollar short as always! OPPS!!!!
I'd be smiling oooops right out the door..That's not even an ooops. it's a hurrah, hurrah, hurrah:LOL: Wish I were off to Mexico again..Have FUN...

kadesma;)

lol.. yep, lots to smile about. It is a business trip though so we'll be working hard. Don't worry though. I'll make sure that we have a few hours for walking the beach each day.

Paul's only staying for 4 days but I'll be there for two weeks. I'm meeting up with a friend and that's when the real work begins. ( and the real fun!!!)

So very true Snoop!
I can't even begin to tell ya how much venting would be done if we
missed that plane! lol!!!

Miss pdswife..

Please tell me you are taking a lap top so you can check in a couple of times!! I know you will have a good time because that in the plan. Right?
Do take care!

(psssst! don't drink the water):ermm:

Now that I have hugged Miss pdswife good-bye. It is now my turn to vent.

I HATE PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS!!!!!!

Ok..all better now.:)

:ohmy: Wait! I did not hug Miss pdswife!!{{Miss pdswife}}:flowers:

OK..NOW all is better!

Uncle Bob said:
I HATE PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS!!!!!!

I'm with you, Uncle Bob. I want a nice big, heavy paper one and have been reduced to hoarding the few I have.

And, why is it, every time I shop at Wal-Mart and purchase a handful of items, I get a gazillion plastic bags for those few purchases? If not for recycling them when I return to the store, I'd be up to my all-American eyeballs in them.

Miss Katie....

Very good question. They are suppose to be a cost savings to the retailer.
If used properly they can be. However as you said "they" use so many of them there is no way it is a savings. I hate them. Prefer paper any day!!

I guess, I'm just too darn picky..I love little kids and would do anything for them. I guess I shouldn't expect others to feel as I do. But how do you convince a doctors groups office employees to take a little child who has cried for over 5 hours with an earache to sse him? I suppose you do what I did today:mad: I called for my daughter so we could take Carson in..He came to me this morning at 7 by 9:30 we were walking the floor with a little boy crying, by 10:30 I called, no way no how, would they be able to see him. Didn't I know you had to make appointments in advance!!! Sure, next time I'll plan his earache in advance for ya:glare: by 1:30 my arms were falling off and Poor little Carson was screaming in pain..I call again, the gal started to give me lip, so I hung up, called my daughter, put Carson in the car and we then went to the office..I marched in, got told almost the same thing, Carson who had dozed of from exhaustion woke and started to scream again..I said fine, I'm sitting here til my daughter gets here, you tell her you won't take care of this baby..I sat, he screamed, daughter showed up, about that time they figured I wasn't going away and took him in...I left and came home cuz, I was close to doing the mad woman scene in the office..Now I'm waiting to hear how my poor little guy is..Me mad,? Me angry? Me want to wring necks? Right on..Upshot, I got one new reason for not taking him today...office staff leaving early for office Easter party, boy would I like to smash their easter eggs!!!:angel:

kadesma

wow, kades...i don't blame you one bit! The best thing you could have done is take that little guy in the office so they could see him and HEAR him cry, too. way to go! I hope he's feeling better this evening.

Kadesma.

GOOD FOR YOU. You did exactly the right thing. Poor little guy. I sure hope he is feeling better. We all know how bad an earache hurts.

kadesma said:
I guess, I'm just too darn picky..I love little kids and would do anything for them. I guess I shouldn't expect others to feel as I do. But how do you convince a doctors groups office employees to take a little child who has cried for over 5 hours with an earache to sse him? I suppose you do what I did today:mad: I called for my daughter so we could take Carson in..He came to me this morning at 7 by 9:30 we were walking the floor with a little boy crying, by 10:30 I called, no way no how, would they be able to see him. Didn't I know you had to make appointments in advance!!! Sure, next time I'll plan his earache in advance for ya:glare: by 1:30 my arms were falling off and Poor little Carson was screaming in pain..I call again, the gal started to give me lip, so I hung up, called my daughter, put Carson in the car and we then went to the office..I marched in, got told almost the same thing, Carson who had dozed of from exhaustion woke and started to scream again..I said fine, I'm sitting here til my daughter gets here, you tell her you won't take care of this baby..I sat, he screamed, daughter showed up, about that time they figured I wasn't going away and took him in...I left and came home cuz, I was close to doing the mad woman scene in the office..Now I'm waiting to hear how my poor little guy is..Me mad,? Me angry? Me want to wring necks? Right on..Upshot, I got one new reason for not taking him today...office staff leaving early for office Easter party, boy would I like to smash their easter eggs!!!:angel:

kadesma

YOU GO GIRL!!!! I bet they think again before any of your grandbabies are sick or hurting!!!:LOL:

callie said:
wow, kades...i don't blame you one bit! The best thing you could have done is take that little guy in the office so they could see him and HEAR him cry, too. way to go! I hope he's feeling better this evening.
Hi Callie,
his mom just called and his ear is infected so DH is off to pick up some amoxacillan for him..I hate having to do things like that and I wouldn't if it were for me, but a 2 year old needs to be taken care of. He expects his loved ones to protect,feed,care for and love him. I just wish, oters would try to understand the hurt a sick child feels.
Thanks for making me feel not so silly about making a fuss.

kadesma

JoAnn L. said:
GOOD FOR YOU. You did exactly the right thing. Poor little guy. I sure hope he is feeling better. We all know how bad an earache hurts.
Thanks Joann,
I didn't mind walking him,but when the poor little guy hurt for so long that he started screaming, I just couldn't take it.To see that little face looking at me, needing some help and I was helpless, the motrin, just wasn't enough and he was so miserable... he was quiet when his mom just called and even said bye Ma before she hung up..So, once we get him started on the anti-biotics, things should start to clear up.
kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom