"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #671
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Puss
ILulu, check your existing insurance. You might find you're insured to drive in Italy under your existing policy for a short while, though the insurance will probably only be third party. Plus, try Direct Line. They provide long-term cover for UK drivers here in Spain. As far as I know, they do the same for Italy. And if that doesn't work, you might even find it cheaper to buy a second-hand car there rather than registering yours.
Oh, dear, I AM direct line, but I got three points this year (I have three points expiring in December) and because that makes 6 for a crossover of two months they will not reinsure me. As it stands I get thirty days in Italy! The pain of it is I wasn't speeding the second time, but I thought I would accept them rather than make a fuss, how stupid was that...its just we had so much on between here and Italy! And I have been trying to sell my car to re buy, but noone even came to look at it, it was in the motor press for five weeks, not one call! And I advertised it at 1500 under the list price! Other wise, both very sensible ideas! Thanks for the thought Snoop!

Old 11-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #672
Executive Chef

No Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
Inthekithen, can you get a restraining order and then if you catch them doing anything it is a REAL prosecuteable problem for them.

Licia, I'm having problems with a hospital too. My insurance pays 100% but they are always late. I have a warning letter from the hospital now.

I'm venting about not being able to get well. I've been sick for 2 weeks, coughing, gunk in my chest, miserable nights, sore throat, my ears hurt from fluid and I can't get better. I'm on very powerful antibiotics and they don't seem to be helping. I'm weak as a kitten and so very tired all the time.....omg, what if I have mono? I need to call my doctor.
Being sick is something you can't fault anyone about. My doctor gave me flu shot last time I was there (last week) telling me my immune system is surpressed due to this disability. so I hope I won't experience what you have. (knock on wood). As Alix said you have to get rest and that is the healer no matter what medicines you take. The body has its own way of getting better and this is the mind as well as the body.

About my trouble, I am praying for help in this circumstance. Asking for direction. Have been here long time and to want to leave is sad. I remember what it 'once was'. All your suggestions are of great importance to me and I will surely look into all of them to make the necessary changes to get around their intentions. They just don't have enough worries to think about otherwise they wouldn't do these things. To torment someone is cruel. An animal doesn't deserve this abuse.

Thanks for all your time.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #673
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
My girlfriend got into some sugar last night and she drove me NUTS!
I was so close to snapping at her.
I'm gonna go home, play some games, and hope, hope! she doesn't have anymore candy.

It was one of those slushies... the liquid sugar stuff you can buy at convenience stores.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:27 PM   #674
Sous Chef

Just a note to say Thanks - I want to thank all of you for your pm's and words of encouragment and advice about my decision - I have taken the advice, and made my decision - You were right ...I feel better now and at least I am not in limbo anymore - You are like the family I never had!!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:31 PM   #675
Sous Chef

Licia - Any word on the car thief?? How are you and your daughter doing???
Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 AM   #676
Executive Chef

She found the car - it was towed IN ERROR. Their error, but SHE had to provide the papers to get her car back. Indeed we do live in a mixed up world. We MAY have the insurance thing settled also. I got a notice yesterday that I was being turned over to a collection agency - this after they have called me from 9 am to 8:30 pm (which I think is against the law).The insurance company said we don't owe the hospital a cent more and the hospital representative agreed to call the insurance company and clear the accounts. WHY do we have to go thru so much trouble at our expense when we aren't at fault? I bet there are many people who pay just to keep from being harrassed, but I'm not one of them. I'm afraid it will only get worse as dh and I get older.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:47 AM   #677
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
She found the car - it was towed IN ERROR. Their error, but SHE had to provide the papers to get her car back. Indeed we do live in a mixed up world. We MAY have the insurance thing settled also. I got a notice yesterday that I was being turned over to a collection agency - this after they have called me from 9 am to 8:30 pm (which I think is against the law).The insurance company said we don't owe the hospital a cent more and the hospital representative agreed to call the insurance company and clear the accounts. WHY do we have to go thru so much trouble at our expense when we aren't at fault? I bet there are many people who pay just to keep from being harrassed, but I'm not one of them. I'm afraid it will only get worse as dh and I get older.
So glad to hear that in the end all was well - your right - This is a mixed up world - Thats why we come here to DC- For a taste of sanity!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:10 AM   #678
Head Chef

Licia I am SO pleased that these stupid problems have been resolved. As my mother used to tell me mid-teen tantrum, no one said the world was fair! It sucks though doesn't it? I still live in hope that it might turn out to be a fair place!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #679
Head Chef

Hello Licia,
I hope everything gets sorted out. But next time you have a similar situation with the hospital, go on the attack: threaten to sue them for harrassment and tell them you'll be seeking punitive damages for distress.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:28 AM   #680
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Unfortunately I'm not as kind or as calm as you guys. Although my physical condition doesn't allow for a full on old time assault - perpetrators of such things against us don't know that so I get my own back with abuse and intimidation of the physical kind. I do not stop until the tears are flowing against the dirty incompetent mongrels. AND I DON'T CARE.

People don't care how they treat you so I go in all guns blazing and don't stop until tears are flowing by the gallons.

One unwanted debt collector broke his leg whilst exiting our property. It wasn't our debt but he wasn't going without a fight and he got it the dirty low mongrel.

Gutless, incompetent people!! That is what they are, and I hate 'em with a passion.

Don't get upset people. Get angry! Get even! Take it out on them! Refuse point blank to accept anything unless it is in writing. Treat them with the contempt that they've treated you.

It really gives me the S**ts to see good people upset by absolute morons.

Closed Thread