"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 10:42 AM   #701
Sous Chef

Oh poor you Michelemarie. I don't know how to advice you, but from my experience(we re-did our kitchen last summer) the self cleaning oven we have still needs me to clean it! Everyone here says the self clean can clean, but you have to clean it yourself! I hope the rest of it is great and that it works well as per the deal. Good luck.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #702
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
This is a vent as well as a boo-hoo . DH and I went appliance shoppping for the better part of yesterday. Our "find" and our only purchase was a Miele double "true" convection oven. The sales lady said this came with all the bells and whistles, both ovens self cleaning, double rotisserie, two probes, concealed elements, glass front, six racks - which five can fit in one oven, blah, blah, blah. :

Hello Michelemarie, could you return it on the grounds that it isn't as described by the saleswoman?

Old 11-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #703
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Oh yes! We were very honest with the sales woman and she assured us we could "return" it before it was delivered next week. I just got off the phone with her and she is doing some checking - I have my fingers crossed that there is a mistake somewhere, but the bottom line is if this beautiful oven is not self cleaning it is not coming to my house - . Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 11-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #704
Head Chef

If you're really lucky, they'll give you an 'upgrade'. Fingers crossed.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #705
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife

I was rear ended last night!!!
I was coming off the freeway...almost at a complete stop and the girl behind me ( eating salad) and not paying any attention slammed into me. She hit me hard enough to push me into the truck in front of me. Luckily, it was a big pickup and I only hit his trailor hitch ball. No damage to his truck. My car will have to have both the front grill and both the front and back bumpers replaced. The poor girls car was ruined though. I had to feel sorry for her after the first five minutes.

I have a strained leg muscle and my neck and back are kind of sore.
but...that's to be expected.

Paul has been wonderful
I called him and he showed up at the accident about
10 minutes after the state police arrived. I wanted to go home
but he insisted that I go to the hostpital. He has also called the insurance people so I didn't have to deal with it! He takes such good care of me.
So sorry to hear about this pds! I know exactly how you feel. Some young kid rear ended my Grand Am GT several years ago......completely totalled it. We were waiting for a train to pass.....thankfully we were a few cars back from the train and we were far enough back from the car in front of us. All I remember is DH looked in his rearview mirror and said, "Oh XXXX"! and got a firm grip on the steering wheel....and BAM! We always wear our seatbelts so that prevented some very awful injuries and our youngest was in his car seat. I was the only one to get injuries and it was just pulled muscles in my back but enough to lay me up for 2 weeks and to have therapy. I was just thankful no one was seriously injured. I felt sorry for the boy at first but then became angry for his stupidity. But then I realized things happen for a reason and to be thankful it wasn't as bad as it could of been.
I hope you heal quickly and am glad Paul is helping you through this. Heal quickly! I did learn to have complete and utter sympathy for anyone with back injuries.......its awful.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #706
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
Oh yes! We were very honest with the sales woman and she assured us we could "return" it before it was delivered next week. I just got off the phone with her and she is doing some checking - I have my fingers crossed that there is a mistake somewhere, but the bottom line is if this beautiful oven is not self cleaning it is not coming to my house - . Keep your fingers crossed for me!
So sorry Michele! I have to agree with the whole self cleaning thing...........I still have to clean my oven even though its self cleaning.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #707
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Thanks Sizz.
I'm glad you weren't hurt badly either.
It's funny though... the first day my leg hurt, yesterday it was my neck and today it's my lower back. Neck and leg still hurt a little but they are much much better.

Michele hope everything works out for you!
Old 11-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #708
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
So sorry Michele! I have to agree with the whole self cleaning thing...........I still have to clean my oven even though its self cleaning.
Wow! I must have the best oven. I've had my Whirlpool self-cleaning oven for quite a few years and it looks like it did the day it was installed. I've never had to clean it myself. All I've ever done is throw the "ON" switch and in about 90 minutes it's just like new.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #709
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
Thanks Sizz.
I'm glad you weren't hurt badly either.
It's funny though... the first day my leg hurt, yesterday it was my neck and today it's my lower back. Neck and leg still hurt a little but they are much much better.

Michele hope everything works out for you!
I remember immediately after the accident I didn't hurt but within 1/2 hour of sitting on the curb letting the police do their thing my back started tightening up by that night oh boy........the next day is when I got the full effect.... full blown back pain.
Hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:18 PM   #710
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E
Wow! I must have the best oven. I've had my Whirlpool self-cleaning oven for quite a few years and it looks like it did the day it was installed. I've never had to clean it myself. All I've ever done is throw the "ON" switch and in about 90 minutes it's just like new.
Personally, I've never had any luck with them. In the future I'm not going to even require that as a feature. When something says self cleaning I shouldn't have to go back in after the fact and finish its work