"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #721
Chef Extraordinaire
Aw, shucks, GW. C'mon over the hot tub, take a load off, and relax for awhile.

Our office recently relocated to a new building, and our IT and phone people had to work like dogs.

You have my sympathies, and a big hug too.

Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #722
Master Chef
Darn, I copied my complite Food (recipe) file to my home PC recently, but now I can't find it. It's not a big deal on the long run I haave it on my work PC, but I need to look up some recipes right now. Darn I'm mad.

You are what you eat.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #723
Ooooooo Charlie, that really sucks! I hope you find it.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Old 11-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #724
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
OK, here's my vent, it's not real big but it bugs the heck out of me. Hubby is working today so I took the kids to his parents since his brother's family came from out of town & the kids don't get to see each other but 2 or 3 times a year. I was told that we would be eating at 2:00 & that was great since I had to be at our church by 3:00 to help decorate for Christmas. I told my MIL this on Wednesday when I found out & she assured me that everything would be ready to eat by 2. Well, we sat down to eat at 2:45 when I needed to be leaving, therefore when I got to the church everything was just about done. My MIL kept insisting that if I had've let her know before this morning that I had to leave early that she would have everything done. As politely as possible I reminded her that I had called her Wed. & told her. Her answer to that..."Well I'm sorry that I interfered with your other plans. You should learn not to over book yourself." It just ticked me off to no end!! I didn't have to go to thier house for lunch, I did it out of kindness because we don't see them that often & I know how much the kids enjoy seeing everyone. I did have a resposibility to our church because I'm on the committe that's over decorating & meals.

Thanks for letting me vent, I feel much better now!!
"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
Old 11-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #725
Crewsk, some folks just cannot see anything other than their own way. Nor can they admit to any fault on their part. Come on, how hard would it be to say, "Oh my gosh, you did tell me! I'm sorry! I forgot!" Then everyone feels better. Sheesh! There are so many adults in this world who need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions and words.

Hmmm...I guess that would be my vent now wouldn't it? LOL. It makes me mental when folks refuse to see things anyway but their own. Or when you tell them something that bothers you they tell you its all YOUR fault. Sigh.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Old 11-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #726
Head Chef
The trouble with in laws crewsk, is that too often one ends up gritting one's teeth and fuming. My guess is the people on your church committee probably understood. But I can see that it is galling, your signiture says it all, you are a nice person and to feel pulled toward two different commitments is hard.

My vent is that I have lost a cat carrier. i have FINALLY booked the final leaving date for Italy (longest relocate ever, its been almost 6 months since DH and I lived together) and I am packing my car in advance because I know sometime over the next couple of weeks I will remmeber something I forgot to pack. I have to take the cats in seperate carriers, and I just can't find one of them. Its too big to get lost but I cannot see it anywhere. I am glad I started looking early, but I have to have it to work out how much I can fit in the car.....I am hoping I can get a big coolbox in for some things people in Italy have asked me to take over.
In omnibus amor et iustum
Old 11-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #727
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Lulu, it must have been one of your moggies who hid it good... you know how they love being cooped up in a cage and travel in the car... let alone in a aeroplane!! You must reason with them that if they don't want to be left behind!!

Well last Sunday I stepped on an object which is like a huge thumbtack, which came loose from the bottom of one of our kitchen chair legs and lethally remained laying on the floor, I had to hobble around for a few days. Then as soon as it was pretty much healed the boiling oil splashed on my wrist while I was going to sautè some potatoes for saag aloo. I am still wearing a wristband to protect the raw spot still looking bright pink. I am now being very careful just to breathe, I could do without a "third time lucky"....
Old 11-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #728
Head Chef
Crewsk, you're a nice person. I'm not. So my thinking is that she did it deliberately to undermine you. Next time, make sure you've told everyone else - or at least a couple of key people - your arrangements too. There are discreet ways of doing that, but for sure it'll be the last time she tries the same trick.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #729
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Alix

Hmmm...I guess that would be my vent now wouldn't it? LOL. It makes me mental when folks refuse to see things anyway but their own. Or when you tell them something that bothers you they tell you its all YOUR fault. Sigh.
but, but, what if you're wrong, alix? (running away......)

my vent today is as i was working on cleaning up the yard, a coupla kids pulled up and tried to steal my neighbors car. right in front of me, in the middle of the day.

did they think i was gonna stand by and watch them?

dw and a few neighbors called the cops as i chased them around the neighborhood; thru back yards, over fences and shrubs. man am i getting old and slow and fat.

the little f**kers got away, but because i chased them they had to leave behind a car that they'd stolen earlier this morning. the police got a lot of prints, so i hope they are in the system. i told the cops i'll be happy to id them.

now dw is mad at me becasue she thinks if they are ganged up, they'll retalliate against us for ruining their fun. also, she thinks i was crazy for chasing them because i could have been shot.

i guess she's right, but it was just instinct to go after them.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:01 AM   #730
Chef Extraordinaire
of course she's mad, but deep down she is darn proud of you..When people love you it's possible to be mad and proud at the same time..So saying that... and

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
Closed Thread