Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize to anyone I offended, that was not my intent. I simply stated my experience. Texasgirl and anyone else from Texas, I am sorry I offended you - that certainly was not my intent. TG especially, you know me well enough to know that I would never intentionally hurt you-I thought we were better friends than that.

Let me clarify something - my original post stated that my husband and parents are from San Antonio, they say ma'am because that was the way they were raised-no problem there. My original post indicated that what drives me bonkers is when they ma'am someone to death - In a one minute conversation ma'am can be said over 10 times - overkill - - it sounds fake - not genuine - almost robotic.

My second post stated that I was not offended by being called ma'am. In summary, it personally bugs me when someone repeatedly says "ma'am" after EVERY sentence in a conversation - respect or not, it is just down right annoying - and from the looks of our restaurant servers, I am not the only one who feels that way.

I hope this clarifies things. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Said my peace, brushing it off. I sometimes get a little ticked. Wording is everything sometimes. I have done it myself and realized to late. I just have to learn to let it go. Sorry for the drama, just got caught up in the anger that wasn't needed.

Oh. you mean you acted like a normal human being? Good! that makes me feel better:)

TG, again, my sincerest apologies-the last thing I would ever want to do it offend or hurt you or anyone on this forum. The problem with the computer is we cannot see facial expressions or hear a person's tone of voice or see body language. Again, I'm sorry.

:) Texasgirl,I am with you I say ma'mm and sir all the time it's just a respectful way to address someone.If Im on Amtrak or any where I use these wether its the porter on the sleeper car or a waitress or my boss or anybody else I hafto address that is older than me.I get called ma'mm alot makes me not too happy as it reminds I also am getting older but Im fine with it.
When ever you meet a kid in the military it's always ma'mm or sir anywhere they are, the military teaches them to be this way(respectful)

shouldn't of brought that to a point. my sorry. ma'am isn't a common pennsylvanian term, where we live.- kinda unheard of. so i was shocked. stay with us! hugs, glad you brushed your anger away,
-luvs

Last edited:
venting LOUDLY!!!
I had a dentist appointment today. Ya'll know how I HATE going to the dentist. This was to get a cavity filled in a wisdom tooth. They have to remove part of the gum since said tooth never popped all the way out. Well, I drove the 45 minutes there...waited the regular 20 minutes in the waiting room sat down in the chair and then...THEY DECIDED that they had schedualed my appointment with the hygentist NOT the dentist!!!! The dentist was booked solid for the whole day. Now I have to go back again. Maybe, I shouldn't be mad... but I am.

Well, crap and a half, you should be angry. I certainly would be. Driving 45 minutes one way isn't cheap given how much gas costs these days. Plus, your time is worth something. Somebody dropped the ball and, sadly, you are the one who paid the price.

I'd call ahead next time to be sure they have their heads on straight.

In the words of Qsis, "That just vacuums!"

pdswife said:
venting LOUDLY!!!
I had a dentist appointment today. Ya'll know how I HATE going to the dentist. This was to get a cavity filled in a wisdom tooth. They have to remove part of the gum since said tooth never popped all the way out. Well, I drove the 45 minutes there...waited the regular 20 minutes in the waiting room sat down in the chair and then...THEY DECIDED that they had schedualed my appointment with the hygentist NOT the dentist!!!! The dentist was booked solid for the whole day. Now I have to go back again. Maybe, I shouldn't be mad... but I am.

yeah, and if you just don't show up for your appointment...how much do YOU have to pay?? so sorry pds! :(

i understand your frustration. you'll get through. after that, healthy shiny teeth! yours. luvs!

Last edited:
Oh dear me... as someone who entirely share your sentiment about dentists, I can really feel your chagrin!! Since this is THEIR fault you should make THEM pay for all the valium you have to take while sitting around and brooding over the postponed appointment!!

Speaking of dentists, I had oral surgery last week - removal of two teeth I'd had crowned 2 years ago at a cost of $1400 each. Now I had to have them extracted. I was given Darvocet for pain and I must be allergic to it. It has taken almost a week for me to be able to feel like I'm walking straight. I couldn't drive anywhere last week and couldn't stand up without feeling I was going to topple. I'll never take that stuff again.

luvs said:
'twas referred to as 'ma'am'. i'm far from mam-ism. i'm 26 & own a very non- ma'am voice. he got an ear-beatin. ma'am, like to shout at him.
i'm a 'miss' thank you.

Ok, I'm going to went about this. Luvs, start typing in English, not in AIM lenguage. Half of the time I have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

Most of you know the he## I went through with my oldest son. Well, thanks to him, my mother's day was just CRAP!!!
When he came back home, my one stipulation was that he would not be staying at his friends house every weekend drinking and and not saving his money. Of course that is what he has started doing again. I have always griped at him and threatened and not really done anything. I have tried to be understanding of him go through his "growing up" stage. Well, I told him last week that I didn't want staying at his friends last night because I wanted him here to go with me to my mother's resting place and take my Mammaw to lunch, as we do EVERY year. Saturday, he called me and said, word for word, " I'm going to ##'s house, you can pick me up in the morning to go" I told him no and he kept asking why. I was at work and told him that I had to go, but, he better not stay over there. I got home from work and he STAYED AT HIS FRIENDS HOUSE ANYWAY!!! I was so angry!! He called and I told him that I would not come get him this morning and told him that he chose his friends over me and to deal with his choice. I cried all night!! I cried this morning while I was alone and getting ready. He called and said happy mother's day, I told him thank you. I also told him as I cried again, dang it, I tried not to, but, I told him that he broke my stipulation and that all he cares about is hanging out with his friends and that I was tired of it and I couldn't do it anymore. I told him to find somewhere else to live. By the time I hung up, he voice was low and quivering and he said happy mother's day again and he loves me. My day was really bad all day. My youngest went with me though, so, that really helped. They went in half on a tennis bracelet for me too. I didn't know until after talking to him and I haven't told him thank you. I talked to him again when I got home and was going to go get him and bring him home. He told me that I told him to leave now, so, he wasn't coming home, I hung up on him! I did not take 2 calls that he made to me, but, he left a message both times and said he loved me and he didn't understand what was going on that he had been upset all day. HE HAS????
What is sad, he doesn't understand why I'm so upset. Please, tell me the truth, am I wrong in feeling this way? I'm I being selfish and not giving him a chance? Most you know how he has been before, so, you know this is not the first thing that I have felt uncared for by my first born.

Texas,
I'm sorry your Mothers day was a mess. Your son is a young man now not a kid..He has to learn what you say you mean. It's your house, he is allowed to live there as your son. Your rules are your rules, he obeys them, or else..You can't let him run over you time after time. He has to lear to be responsible and if it means some hard knocks, then it's hard knocks.Yes, it will hurt you and make you want to say oh that's alright..NOPE MOM you stick to your guns..He has to stand on his own,where will he be when you can't take care of him like this anymore. When YOU need help, will he be grown up enough to pitch in for you? Stick to your guns TG, he will be a better man for it and you will be able to rest easier knowing he can care for himself. Love him yep, to the very end..Love does not mean we are doormats, Love, means sometimes being a hardnose,, I know how hard this can be, believe me I do..But, I stood my ground and now I have 4 wonderful,responsible, loving adults I love and am proud of...You will too TG.

kadesma

kadesma said:
Texas,
I'm sorry your Mothers day was a mess. Your son is a young man now not a kid..He has to learn what you say you mean. It's your house, he is allowed to live there as your son. Your rules are your rules, he obeys them, or else..You can't let him run over you time after time. He has to lear to be responsible and if it means some hard knocks, then it's hard knocks.Yes, it will hurt you and make you want to say oh that's alright..NOPE MOM you stick to your guns..He has to stand on his own,where will he be when you can't take care of him like this anymore. When YOU need help, will he be grown up enough to pitch in for you? Stick to your guns TG, he will be a better man for it and you will be able to rest easier knowing he can care for himself. Love him yep, to the very end..Love does not mean we are doormats, Love, means sometimes being a hardnose,, I know how hard this can be, believe me I do..But, I stood my ground and now I have 4 wonderful,responsible, loving adults I love and am proud of...You will too TG.

kadesma

Ditto what kades said. I understand being a parent is difficult, but it still involves standing your ground and loving our children at the same time.

I can still hear the "It hurts me more than it hurts you." mantra, but it's true.

Hang in there, sometime, maybe many years down the road, you will be recognized and thanked for your stand.

Been there. Done that. With 8 children.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom