Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tg... do not blame yourself. He's an adult. Young yes but still able to make up his own mind. He's being a brat! Sorry but he is. Let him. Don't rush out to save him. He needs to learn the hard way.

I know it is hard!!! I do!
But, you've done your part. Now it's time for him to grow up and do his.

Love him yes.
Save him.. no.

smiles, T

texasgirl said:
Well, my youngest stayed home today for his 20th birthday and just called to let me know that my oldest just came and got all of his stuff:cry:
I'm so sick. Maybe I should have just given in again and picked him up! I don't know how my mom survived 4 girls. I wish him the best and hope that he made the right decision. I want that day back so badly. It could all be different right now if I had gone and picked him up. I know he has to grow though. He has counted on me all his life to help him. I will continue to do so, with discretion.
Having been in that same position, my heart grieves for you TG. Try to stay strong.Nothing can take away the deep hurt you feel. It sounds though as if your younger son is offering you a shoulder to lean on? When you are hurt so much it's hard not to give way to manipulation; removing all his stuff is a form of manipulation but try to hang in there and not let him dictate the way forward. Let them both know how much you love them but hold to what you have said.:) You are in my thoughts and prayers.

texasgirl said:
How do you do it?? I'm scared to death for him. Everything that has already happened to him and he is hanging out with those low lifes again. I just don't understand!!

When one of my sons was a junior in high school he wanted to quit. We could not talk him out of it. So finally I said fine, go ahead and quit. I told him everyone makes mistakes and this was one of his. Well, thank God almost 2 years later he went back and graduated. He had to work it out for himself. It took time and all we could do was wait. All you can do is love them. ((Hugs))

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

I have to work tomorrow, and maybe Monday too. Deadline on Tuesday that I wasn't expecting. I'm too deep into this project to pass it off to someone on the West Coast to work on this aft. Take too long to 'splain all the requirements, etc.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

Well muddie,
While Katie and I are out on the front porch watching the squirrels and sipping our vodka gimlets we'll observe a moment of respect for your exemplary work ethic.

Feel better?

Love, Buck

sniff, sniff.
a little, Buck, thanks.
I'm gonna finish this glass of wine and sit my butt in front of the tv to watch the tape of the Lost finale and go to bed early feeling very sorry for myself.

Daughter has strict orders to finish her mountain of laundry from last week and help her father get ready for the BBQ on Sunday.

I'm with you mud! I work tomorrow and Monday. At least it's an early day at 1 on Monday. DH and both sons are all off that day. Wonder if they will come help me?? WHATEVER!!

I don't put anybody's whim's on my clock. But I am flexible. If everybody wants to take a nap and I want to go on a picnic, I just pack up and go with a good book or a magazine. If they are still sleeping when I get back after a hour or two, I just sink in the tub. Sometimes there is still time left to watch a movie.

A woman can get a lot of fashion shopping done during football season! :rolleyes:

StirBlue said:
I don't put anybody's whim's on my clock. But I am flexible. If everybody wants to take a nap and I want to go on a picnic, I just pack up and go with a good book or a magazine. If they are still sleeping when I get back after a hour or two, I just sink in the tub. Sometimes there is still time left to watch a movie.

A woman can get a lot of fashion shopping done during football season! :rolleyes:

Amen ! The only way to be !! :clap:

Been a hard couple of weeks, but today's just the 'It'. One of the boy's in my daughter's class lost his life to Brain cancer. He died last night. I always have death premonitions(as hard as that is for anyone to understand, but it's true) but never know who, but whenever I do, I call my mum and have a little call just to check...just in case. So from last night ,a 10 years' old little boy has lost his dad and so has his 5 years old sister and their mum has lost her DH. So sad. On top of that, my DD's best friend fell and broke her collar bone today in the playground. Had a lot of 'trying to explain life' to my kids and I just ended up in tears which I am not sure helped much. anyhow, I explained why I was upset and continued to explain the mystery of life as best as I can figure it out. I am even more upset that I will be going away to Kenya this Friday the !st June and cannot be there to support everyone. Well at least I got it off my chest.

{{{{ Jikoni }}}}

It's so difficult to explain life to the small ones. In fact, it's difficult for adults to understand, in many situations.

I'm sure you said everything right and the children will grasp it to the best of their age. It is too bad that you are leaving town on Friday but by then the kids will probably be fine.

darn, i was gonna beef about some looney who climbed up the george washington bridge this morning, causing it to shut down which made my commute over 2 hours.

but, in light of jikoni's post, it's trivial.

i'm sorry to hear of your woes, jikoni. i hope this all passes quickly for you and your family, and brighter days are ahead.

umm, btw, if you ever dream of me dying, could you pm me asap? i've got a lot of people to thank and tell them i love them.

hi everyone! i've been gone off and on now for a little while,lots has been going on.First i have become a moderator on a canadian freebie site(hats off to all you mods) Finding that can be a challenge-don't always have the time to go on then i feel guilty because i said i would to this...brings me to my "real" job-being a mom..Having so many development issues come up with my 4 year old,starting to feel so overwhelmed and at times (most of the time). I have taken him for some preliminary testing now i have to get in to see a few other doctors..long process.
and if that wasn't enough our dog Norm had to be put down this past weekend due to a tumor in his spleen rupturing and causing bleeding into his stomach :( he was only 6...and through it all my bf has been out of town working.

Well, bh, you certainly have had a lot on your plate. Sounds as though you could use a nice relaxing bubble bath, but it probably isn't in the picture right now in your world.

Just try to take care of yourself and be as patient and relaxed as you can. Count to 10 often and take deep breaths. Then, when your bf comes home, take that bubble bath.

buckytom said:
darn, i was gonna beef about some looney who climbed up the george washington bridge this morning, causing it to shut down which made my commute over 2 hours.

but, in light of jikoni's post, it's trivial.

i'm sorry to hear of your woes, jikoni. i hope this all passes quickly for you and your family, and brighter days are ahead.

umm, btw, if you ever dream of me dying, could you pm me asap? i've got a lot of people to thank and tell them i love them.

((Bucky))) don't ever wait to thank someone or tell them you love them- you never know WHO tomorrow may bring and WHO today may leave with-hope you catch my drift.
Love and energy, Vicki

Jikoni, I'm so sorry to hear your news. How very sad for everyone. Virtual hug flying to you and some virtual kleenex too.

babyhuggies, hang in there girl. Let the folks at your other board know that you are going through some personal stuff and I'm sure they will be happy to help cover your duties. Thats how things work here. Real life is ALWAYS more important than the internet. Good luck with your little one, and try not to worry too much or let any "label" change things for you in a negative way. And I'm so so sorry about your puppy. I know how that feels when you lose them too young. It hurts a LOT.

I hate cable companies. Comcast called me, telling that they are switching everybody to digital voice, whatever that might be. Ok, fine do it. After they came and change everything I do not have food network. It really is stupid, because this is the only chanel I like to watch. I, guess, they changed some kind of packaging, darn. So no to get food network I'd have to pay 3 times more. Darn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom