Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kadesma said:
Now, guess who just asked whats for dinner? Think I should tell him?:devilish:
kadesma:angel:

Answer: "Whatever you feel like cooking dearest..... I feel like a roast thanks." :LOL:

I shouldn't throw stones. I have unfortunately done something like this to DW - the Mistress of getting even.

I only ever did it once mind you.

Brooksy said:
Answer: "Whatever you feel like cooking dearest..... I feel like a roast thanks." :LOL:

I shouldn't throw stones. I have unfortunately done something like this to DW - the Mistress of getting even.

I only ever did it once mind you.
Brooksy,
i'm all over my mad, the last of the pot,pans and dishes are in the dish washer and DH is sleeping alive and well:LOL: our dinner was a lot different than I'd planned, but we are fed and getting on with the evening..I guess I shouldn't have gotten so miffed, but that was one long day in the kitchen:LOL:

kadesma

Kadesma, you poor thing, you reacted as any other wife would ! I would have been furious :bash:, after all the time you spent in preparing everything ahead of time. I hope you get to relax and enjoy - Father's day too. Barb

kadesma said:
Arggggh,
My DH, since he retired goes to the coffee shop each morning after breakfast and has coffee and a gab fest with some of his cronies..He enjoys it, I enjoy the quiet time so that is fine. BUT,today I left for the grocery shopping early as I had more to do for tomorrow..When I got home, several cars were pulling out of the drive..I carry in the groceries, and my kitchen is upside down and inside out..Seems the fellows were wanting to have a taste of some of the things for tomorrow.Yep a taste, Well they about cleaned out the potatoe salad, Now I'm making more,ate the whole tray of fruit, all the salami cheese, crackers for the coming week for the kids, made coffee, 3 pots, all the baguette sor tomorrow,,,So not only did I have to return to the store, I had to remake the fruit tray, potatoe salad and re-buy things for next week..Then before I could start any of this, I had to re-load the dish washer, turn off the oven, they wanted to make ceese, salami on the baguette..Right now, I'm still at KILL mode..DH, was happy as a clam feeding his buddies, one of the last to leave remarked that DH sure was a fine cook!!!!!!!! :censored: OH yes, the final smack in the face, WE invited several of the widowers over tomorrow so they wont be alone...
Now, guess who just asked whats for dinner? Think I should tell him?:devilish:
kadesma:angel:

Ohhh Kades- i think I would have been serving all that food for his funeral today!!! OUCH! I do hope you get to enjoy yourself today!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Kadesma - You are a much kinder, gentler and sane person than I am. I would have hit the ceiling! Lol, he'd be cleaning the kitchen while I went back to the store. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone,
I was a tad angry..But, everything got finished and we are ready to roll..All's left to do is to toast the baguette slices, put on a small chunk of gorgonzola, melt it then drizzle with some rosemary/lavender honey..I promise to even be nice to our guests:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Thanks Jan,
there was a time when my temper and youth would have gotten the best of me..Now, I'm trying to just let it all pass me by..To many things to enjoy to be angry at things that can be fixed.

kadesma:-p

kadesma said:
Thanks Jan,
there was a time when my temper and youth would have gotten the best of me..Now, I'm trying to just let it all pass me by..Too many things to enjoy to be angry at things that can be fixed.

kadesma:-p

That is a great saying! I need to remember it. :cool:

............can't stand when I say something, do something, show up, or just be there and a person looks at me like I have two heads. I don't understand it, it just ticks me off. You know the look? Furrowed brow, frown line overexaggerated, eyebrows going up and down. I've actually said to the offender, "why are you looking at me like I have 2 heads? Was what I asked so very odd that you have to make that expression?" uff da....................

my feeding tube. i'm ready to yank that device. since i went to sleep that tube decided to detach & basically spew 3 spews! & i only slept 2 hours. me & my couch were sprayed with feeding tube formula, uck. kept wipes nearby so i cleaned quickly 'nuff, whew.

insurance companies.
i'm seriously with chest pain due to them. severe chest pain.
so stressed.
dagnabbit, alcohol seems great now. i neen't a lecture, either- i'm 26 & if i'm thirsty, welp.......

Last edited:
My vent for today is work-related. My co-worker and I have been after our general manager for almost 3 weeks to get us a proper mop and bucket for cleaning after we break down our breakfast bar in the AM. Right now we are having to use a swiffer pole and put old cleaning cloths on it. It is maing both of us feel so tired after we get done for the day. Our GM keeps saying she will get one, but she hasn't yet. It's enough to drive someone batty.

cjmobxnc said:
My vent for today is work-related. My co-worker and I have been after our general manager for almost 3 weeks to get us a proper mop and bucket for cleaning after we break down our breakfast bar in the AM. Right now we are having to use a swiffer pole and put old cleaning cloths on it. It is maing both of us feel so tired after we get done for the day. Our GM keeps saying she will get one, but she hasn't yet. It's enough to drive someone batty.

That is the pits, I would go buy them and give her the bill !

Barb L. said:
That is the pits, I would go buy them and give her the bill !

If she doesn't have them there tomorrow, we are and we're going to the owners of the hotel also - come to find out, they aren't too happy with the way she has been doing things. This is the first time someone other than the owners have had any managerial say in the hotel, and they are beginning to regret letting her have it. But she's under contract, so they can't do anything about it until November, which is when her contract comes up for renegotiation.

Youngest daughter came home with a cold about a week ago and in spite of frequent hand washing, doing doorknobs and light switches with disinfectant taking echinacea and drinking tons of fluid I feel like I'm getting it. DANG IT ALL!

Youngest daughter came home with a cold about a week ago and in spite of frequent hand washing, doing doorknobs and light switches with disinfectant taking echinacea and drinking tons of fluid I feel like I'm getting it. DANG IT ALL!

Well you are in great company Miss Alix. :ermm: I feel as if a truck just ran over me. 'tis a virus me thinks. Be careful who you e-mail in the next few days!:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom