Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree it was not a very prudent thing for your friend to having gone into such details on an e-mail. I don't know how close she was to her nephew, but if she was, though, you need to remember that when someone is grieving deeply and intensely, they are not in the mode to think in proper manner or use common sense, they just need to gush their heart out at any given chance. It is so sad that this tragedy had to happen... and I am sorry that you had to be informed in such a manner....
Hugs!!! ((((Mish))))

How sad Mish.
I'm sorry the email upset you I don't think I would have gone into such details...but like ....Urmaniac said you're friend is grieving and so sad right now. She prbly didn't take the time to think the email out. She just sent it and her emotions are showing.

smiles, T

mish, i wanted to thank you for posting this. my son is getting to the dangerous stage, where he's able to get into bad situations. you can get complacent after a while. it always helps to be reminded of what dangers, even the most obscure and seemingly harmless, lie around every corner for a 2 year old.
thanks again, and i'm sorry for your friend's loss. you're a good and compassionate soul to feel the way you do.

My little grandson just turned 2 and it is certain they have to be watched every minute. They can do some daredevil stunts. I really feel for you receiving bad news like that, but agree with the others that your friend isn't thinking normally at the time. Quite a shock to her, I'm sure.

Thank you Texas, urmaniac, pds, BT and licia. I really appreciate all of your input/feedback.

Mish,
I read with great sorrow your post and your friend's letter. Grief overwhelmed me for a while, the lose of a innocent is hard to take. Perhaps your friend needs your support. She and her entire family have my prayers and most positive thoughts at this time.

Mish,

Elsewhere you said that you are a very private person. That is probably why you could not really understand why your friend wrote all the details of her little boy's tragic death. My life is an open book, and I can definitely understand why she did that. Some of us need to work out our grief within. Others of us (myself included) need to work our grief out in a different way. Telling others what happened is a way for us to work through our grief.

:) Barbara

Brooksy said:
Mish,
I read with great sorrow your post and your friend's letter. Grief overwhelmed me for a while, the lose of a innocent is hard to take. Perhaps your friend needs your support. She and her entire family have my prayers and most positive thoughts at this time.

Thank you, Brooksy. I felt as you did (& several others here), when I read it on the internet. I am so sorry for your loss. I "understand" what it is like to lose someone. Recently I learned of a friend passing on. I did not run to the internet and send out emails... it is certainly NOT about being a private person or not understanding.

Last edited:
Ah mish, I am sorry to hear the news of that tragedy and of your upset. I do hope you aren't more upset by some of the comments your post has engendered. I think everyone here is trying to help you in their own ways. We all react differently to grief and loss, and sometimes it is difficult to understand why others do as they do.

I hope you feel better soon mish, that is very upsetting news. Big virtual hug to you.

Mish,

I'm sorry if you thought I was attacking you. I was just saying that some people grieve the way your friend did, by sharing all the details with everyone. Others prefer to keep the details to themselves.

Barbara

Well, sorry for all the venting lately, but, it seems like nothing is going right!
To start off, we can only afford to get the boys one video game for Christmas. Nothing else, just one thing. Then I'm not getting anything from DH, AGAIN. Brat, yes I know. I get him something every year, no matter what. I finally get my tree up and start to feel a little spirit. Hubby decided that I can get the camera that I was wanting since I get a $100 bonus at work and that would help pay for it. Today, I find out that isn't gonna happen, company is in a bad way. So, no camera. I get home and my wonderful four legged kids, ATE HALF MY TREE!! Ornaments broken, lights eaten, snow garland, shredded! I was so angry and I was already upset over the bonus. The tree is back in the attic. I've never taken anything for depression, but, now, I'm wondering about that. I feel so low right now. It's hard to explain the feeling. It all sounds really stupid reading it,but, it's just a lot of little things building and building and I just want to sleep through Christmas and get it over with as soon as it can get gone. Sorry I'm ranting on, just needed to get it off my chest:neutral: you don't have to reply, just wanted it out, DH doesn't understand depression. He thinks it's just something you need to get over.

Oh no Texas... what a day to FORGET!! But try to cheer up and smile... I am sure your smiles will reflect on something and will come back to you..... I hope things will look up for ya!! You deserve it!!
img_201909_0_b9cbb3c67190a81a47f3f04a349ac205.jpg

Thanks UR!!
I just wish DH would let me spend more on the boys. I really miss wrapping all the presents and putting it all under the tree and seeing their faces light up. It's not really that we can't afford some more, HE just says we can't afford more.
DH said that once they were 18, no more extravagance. They were old enough to know that we can't kill our money on a bunch of Christmas. I thought I was Scrooge, well, he's THE GRINCH!!
That's alright, he'll regret it when we have grandkids:LOL:

I certainly hope your Christmas season gets better. I've had a bit of the Christmas blues so everything that has happened made me feel like crying. I suppose some of it was being overwhelmed with so much to do. My gd called a while ago and said she would pick me up to go to St. Augustine to see the lights and ride the horse drawn carriages. I had completely forgotten she had even mentioned it. It seems that it is hard to achieve the right balance at this time of the year - either we don't have enough to do or get, or we have too much to do or get. I like a simpler time. Dh and I don't exchange presents, but we did get a new computer chair, which I haven't had much time to try out. I hope you can focus on other parts of the season and enjoy it more as the days go by.

I'm sorry Texas. I really am.
It's too bad you don't live near here... we could go for
a cup of coffee and cry on each others shoulders.

For now though... a hug and a smile.

Texas, I understand how you feel..My Dh is not a Christmas person, I am and I just do what I want..I usually, back off when something or someone has an opinion that is different than mine..When it comes to the kids and grandkids..I spend MY money and get what I want for them...I know it's all in how we were brought up, His mom never even put up a tree after the boys found out there was no Santa, they would get needed things unwrapped as gifts...Socks, underwear, that type of thing..She decided when I had our first child to put up a tree and do her thing, that is when I dug in my heels and we did NOT spend both the days at her home..We spent them with my parents who knocked them selves out all year long for us..DH went along, we visited with his mom and invited her to my folks on every Christmas eve after that first time... So she was never alone, but,I learned not to keep my mouth shut if something was important to me. I don't care if Dh and I echange gifts really, we do so much during the year, but he is always Santa to me and the kids now, even though he grumps for at least two weeks about how he hates Christmas:LOL: You need to talk this over with DH gifts don't have to be bank breaking, in fact my two boys just poke each other and say see what mom made me when they open some of the gifts..Both love cookies, sooo Chocolate crinkles for the oldest and chocolate chip for the youngest, at least 5 dozen:LOL: They also love the cold package that comes from the refridgerator, a box of peppered bacon and breakfast sausages...They spend most of the night trying to sneak off with each others box...So there are lots of ways to skin a cat Texas, just figure out which end to start pulling on:LOL:
Now, as for the tree, your 4 legged kiddos, need a bad boy or girl, you need a new tree and some cranberry and popcorn strung up and put on with lights and to go look in the mirror and smile at that pretty face looking back at you...I'm smiling at you now, give yourself a hug from me, Cade, Ethan, Carson and soon to be Olivia...Things will fall into place for you...
kadesma

Last edited:
I really put Mr Scrooge (DH) to work today. I had more than I could handle, so I let him put up and decorate the tree. I also let him wrap all the presents. He fussed a bit to start, but believe it or not, he had a much better and more of a Christmas attitude when he finished. My gd said she was so surprised when she called and he told her he was trimming the tree. BTW, the lights were beautiful. We didn't ride in the carriage, but on the trolley. They give a longer tour and also Christmas music is played while the tour is taking place. Then we went to a grill and had supper. I had a beef tenderloin sandwich which was wonderful, but too large. I only ate half of it and brought the other half home. Dgs was asleep as soon as we started the car almost to come home. The night air was wonderful and the stars were out in profusion - a really good time, even if I was so tired I could drop.

Last night, I was sitting in my recliner, watching TV. Suddenly, my 19" CRT monitor shorted out! It arced so badly, it literally scared the poop out of one of our cats!

Needless to say, I'm not exactly happy to loose a $300 monitor, but, I have a couple spares. One of those spare monitors apparently doesn't work anymore, but PeppA's old monitor does. Now I've got to get used to a 17".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom