"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #791
Head Chef

Oh that's really bad luck. Hope your hand feels better soon.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #792
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to JDP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
I bet 9 out of 10 have Indiana license plates ........hey I'm a transplanted Hoosier so I don't do that.....but you can bet I can spot an Indiana driver......they drive me crazy! They passed a law in IL that you can't go slow in the fast lane but I have yet to see anyone pulled over for it.
No Indiana's not my problem. It's mainly Minnesota and Wisconsin drivers. Illinois people seem to have a good grasp on the concept.

And SizzlininIN thanks for starting the bleeding again. I can't stand when some stupid, freaking idiot, sob pulls out in front of you on a 2 lane highway when absolutely no one is behind you causing you to slam on the brakes because they don't realize the right pedal is actually for acceleration. Sometimes I really understand road rage... I need to find my valium again

JDP

Old 12-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #793
Sous Chef

Piffle. Just today I finished the last of my office obligations by enduring an audit I've been working toward for the last two months (okay, between DC posts ) and for the last couple of weeks I just kept telling myself "okay, never mind, get through the audit and then if you really scramble you can do some Christmas baking and a bit more shopping and get the gifts all wrapped and the house tidyed up before Christmas eve ..."

... and you know what? By 1:30 I was done with the audit, and by 2:30 I knew it wasn't my imagination that every time I swallowed my throat hurt. It's now 5:30 and both my ears ache and my throat feels HORRIBLE and something nasty's brewing in my sinuses.

$#@&* does this have to hit NOW?!
Old 12-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #794
Assistant Cook

I am fine...Just a lot of redness...Still managed to do some of my Christmas shopping last night.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #795
Head Chef

That's really bad luck, Ayrton. I reckon your body has been working towards the audit too but has decided that that's the goal and now it's time for a rest. Time to get everyone and anyone doing the tidying at least.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:51 PM   #796
Sous Chef

Aw, thanks Snoop! I'll remember your kind thoughts as I gargle .

(I'll tell Everyone and Anyone that you said it's their turn!)
Old 12-20-2006, 03:22 PM   #797
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
My hubby was supposed to be home 2 hours ago to help me fnish getting the house cleaned & take off the trash!!! He went to his parents house to help his dad with a few things. I don't have a problem with that at all, but he does this to me every time I need his help with things!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:44 AM   #798
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
My hubby was supposed to be home 2 hours ago to help me fnish getting the house cleaned & take off the trash!!! He went to his parents house to help his dad with a few things. I don't have a problem with that at all, but he does this to me every time I need his help with things!
I know what you mean crewsk -- it's maddening, isn't it? My hubby gets asked by various relatives to take a look at their malfunctioning mixers, blenders, phones -- you name it if it's a small appliance or something electrical. They do this because he's an engineer and because he's just always been very good at fixing stuff like this.

That's fine, but do you know how long I wait for him to fix the same things at home?! Sometimes its just b**l-breaking to have everybody else come first!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:13 AM   #799
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
"the cobbler`s children have no shoes" :)

Old 12-21-2006, 10:15 AM   #800
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Crewsk, I understand your frustration - my DH does't know the word "no" - I feel like we are always last.

I have a horrible cold, inlaws just arrived for almost three weeks, and I find out last night (with wet clothes in the dryer and washer) that the dryer is broke - it doesn't heat. A house full of people and a toddler who wets the bed - all four days before Christmas - aarrrrggghhhh! To look on the brighter side, at least it wasn't the dishwasher!