"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #801
Chef Extraordinaire

you wouldn't believe how much stuff i get handed to fix. from giant tv sets to laptops full of coffee and soda, to car electronics that have singe marks on them.

i have a pile of stuff to get to, which is why i spend so mouch time here.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:26 PM   #802
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to babyhuggies
were to start . How about i have 2 beautiful,smart girls one about to graduate..and they are driving me crazy be not going or not doing work or i just don't know. They are so smart i just don't get it.i try my best to encourage,help talk to teachers..but for nothing.

Now the other half~yeah him. we have been together for 91/2 years and he tells me he is not happy and if things don't change -get this- in 2 months he is leaving.We have a 4 year old. But i'm so horrible that i have to change..not him me.He says the girls aren't the issue,even though he can't handle their school situation much. i apparantly di something the other day to tick him off and he didn't speak to me for like a day and a half.
How is this supposed to be a marry christmas???
and i bought him tickets to the tragically hip... .I still love him and just can't get what is going on.He is not happy with his postion in life at his age, not happy where we live,what he does for work,my girls,me ---OMG
He is being a real S@#$ and so unfair.
Thank you for listening.I feel much better getting that off my chest,mind,shoulders..

Old 12-22-2006, 04:15 AM   #803
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
you wouldn't believe how much stuff i get handed to fix. from giant tv sets to laptops full of coffee and soda, to car electronics that have singe marks on them.

i have a pile of stuff to get to, which is why i spend so mouch time here.
What a lot of stuff you can fix them!!!!
I just tried to fix my favorite DVD player but its working curcuit too complicate. then I brought it to service shop.

I am amazed in your ability, wish I could do like you.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:53 PM   #804
Master Chef

During last night's snow storm we only got a couple of inches of snow. The problem is that it fell as a sloppy wet snow and when it froze overnight it set up like concrete and was very slippery. I spent most of my day chipping, scraping, and throwing down deicer to get rid of the stuff. Luckily, it warmed up to 40 degrees F. this afternoon which made the job easier.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
Old 12-23-2006, 09:33 AM   #805
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCook
During last night's snow storm we only got a couple of inches of snow. The problem is that it fell as a sloppy wet snow and when it froze overnight it set up like concrete and was very slippery. I spent most of my day chipping, scraping, and throwing down deicer to get rid of the stuff. Luckily, it warmed up to 40 degrees F. this afternoon which made the job easier.
That's rough!! When we get winter weather, that's what it normally does here. And believe me, the last place you want to be with ice on the roads is Texas. I will be the first to admit that we CANNOT drive on ice. Shoot, most of the driver's have a hard time in the rain
hope the weather get's better for you!!
Old 12-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #806
Chef Extraordinaire

at least you'll have a white-ish christmas, sc. hope it's a very merry one for you and your family.

it's foggy, warm, wet, and very un-christmas-like here. yuk. at least the lights on the house look nice since everything's so wet. hmmm, where did i put the fire extinguisher?

suttisak, thank you. my ability to fix stuff comes from taking apart (and occasionally getting back together ) a lot of my mom and dad's stuff when i was a kid.

now that i think about it, i'd better go get some them some really nice gifts this year.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #807
Everymom

SC, UGH! I hate the "oatmeal" snow. We have had PILES of snow this winter, which is really unusual for us. (Yes, I know you think of Canada as being perpetual winter but really its not) Our city fathers in all their wisdom waited 3 weeks after the last HUGE snowfall to send out the plows. There was some serious road rage, and we just heard about folks threatening the bobcat drivers if they didn't move faster. Honestly, what a world. It is finally all done and the weather has warmed up enough to melt things a bit too. But I digress, SC, be careful out there and I hope it melts enough for safe driving.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:07 PM   #808
Executive Chef

Christmas Eve

Well, it is Christmas Eve. Our furnace isn't working. Who wants to call someone to have it repaired and ruin their Christmas. We'll just wait until after. Maybe it will be cheaper!
Old 12-25-2006, 01:20 AM   #809
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Dear ITK, just cuddle up with your dear family and hold each other close. Bask in the warmth of love and family and enjoy the joy of Christmas. Perhaps Mother Nature or the furnace gods thought you could weather the problem loving each other. Nuke some hot chocolate and sing carols together. Pile on the blankets and fall asleep in each other's arms and wait for Santa to arrive. Could be the lemonade part of lemons. You may never know what silver lining lies ahead. Merry Christmas. Be safe.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:53 AM   #810
Chef Extraordinaire

itk, you never know, the furnace guy might not be religious, or might need the money from getting a call.
often, they are subcontractors that are well paid by the mother company for their duties.

i like k.t.e's idea of body heat, but you shouldn't suffer in any way, just so you don't impose on someone else's day.

wait until the repair man complains before you feel like crap about it...

a favourite expression: you can't cross that bridge until you get there.

Closed Thread