Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you,
I know where you are and how you're feeling..I have those days too. But, does it help? do you feel better when you feel this way? NOPE to both questions? Smile, you are healthy, DH while he can't have brisket yet, is doing better, son has come through this, your loved ones who are facing the cancer need some strong shoulders now..You can lend them yours to lean on..There is nothing more loving than to just be there for them. I know if I write, you will answer, that is all I need, be glad you can give that to us. I am.
kadesma

I know what you are saying is true and as a good guy on here pm'd me telling me to look back and see that one set of footprints, I know I have to deal with this the best way I can and be strong as my mom always was and just be there for them and love them as much as I possibly can. I guess I'm just going through a poor me thing right now. I'm just tired and it's all hitting me at once. Thank you kads and Bob!!

Just remember we are all here for you, dump your venting here - not family, we understand. Everything works out for the best. God only knows the reasoning. Take care !

not a vent, just a little grumble
I was gonna go see this show tonight. A friend of mine is producing it and I've missed the previous two that she's done. I promised myself I'd make it to this one. Tonight is the only night I could go but dh convinced me to make dinner for his dad. An early dinner so that I could still go. His dad is now a half hour late and now I'm too late. grumble grumble.

not a vent, just a little grumble
I was gonna go see this show tonight. A friend of mine is producing it and I've missed the previous two that she's done. I promised myself I'd make it to this one. Tonight is the only night I could go but dh convinced me to make dinner for his dad. An early dinner so that I could still go. His dad is now a half hour late and now I'm too late. grumble grumble.
Sweetie,
you have every right to grumble...There are times we have to just say okay and make that dinner and then there are times we have to say, next week or tomorrow, but tonight is something I need for me..I have learned, and now am not afraid to tell an adult wait or no, just as I expect them to tell me...I find many stay at home mom's put in longer hours than some who have to work outside the home, either way you all work hard and long and need something just for you, to help you just enjoy life and the people around you.

hugs Cora just for you
kadesma

One heck of a 24 hours!

I feel as though someone has put a great big "Kick me!" sign on my back.

It all started last night when our beloved outdoor president kitty, Tucker, died in my arms. Buck and I cried off and on the rest of the evening and, no surprise, there was a black cloud hanging over us when we got up this morning.

Then, I left early this morning to do my bi-weekly shopping and vittles trip to our biggest town about 30 miles away. No big deal....normally.

On one of my 23 stops, I opened the checkbook to write a check for my purchase. Crap. Buck had given me a checkbook with no checks in it. Easy fix. I used our debit card.

Next, I'm in Wal-Mart and, as I bend over to pick up something off a shelf, my sunglasses slip out of the neck of my blouse, hit the floor and become a sunglass puzzle. Semi-okay fix. I have another pair in the car.

I bought a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and found a nice shady place to eat it while I took a few minutes to regroup. When I reach into the bag for the sandwich my watch falls into my lap. Crap. The watchband broke. I put the watch in my purse. Can't do anything about it immediately.

So I decide to enjoy my sandwich. I take a bite and think that cheese shouldn't be crunchy, so I roll my tongue around to locate the crunchy nugget. Lucky me, it's a huge filling out of one of my top teeth. At this point I'm lovin' life.

Knowing that our dentist's day off is Thursday, I call Buck and ask him to make an appointment for me for Friday. The tooth doesn't hurt, but I'm a little leery about waiting until Monday. Buck called me back, saying the dentist is out of the office until Monday and that I have a 2 p.m. appointment for that day. Oh, well. I did what I could. However, the sandwich was yummy. It's only about 1 p.m. and I have about 4 more hours ahead of me before I can leave to go home.

By 3:45 I'm beat and out of money, so I get in the car to head home. Car won't start. Doesn't even click or make any kind of noise indicating that it wants to start. Call Buck again. He comes to get me. We transfer a "full" station wagon full of groceries, etc. from one car to another. Then we drive straight to our mechanic's place in our town, give him the keys to my car, tell him where it is and what happened.

When it was all said and done, we didn't get home until about 5:30. Hurried to get everything in the house before the rain started. Now, it's raining steadily and we can't bury Tucker. Crap and half!!

Okay, I'm done venting.

It all started last night when our beloved outdoor president kitty, Tucker, died in my arms. Buck and I cried off and on the rest of the evening and, no surprise, there was a black cloud hanging over us when we got up this morning.

Then, I left early this morning to do my bi-weekly shopping and vittles trip to our biggest town about 30 miles away. No big deal....normally.

On one of my 23 stops, I opened the checkbook to write a check for my purchase. Crap. Buck had given me a checkbook with no checks in it. Easy fix. I used our debit card.

Next, I'm in Wal-Mart and, as I bend over to pick up something off a shelf, my sunglasses slip out of the neck of my blouse, hit the floor and become a sunglass puzzle. Semi-okay fix. I have another pair in the car.

I bought a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and found a nice shady place to eat it while I took a few minutes to regroup. When I reach into the bag for the sandwich my watch falls into my lap. Crap. The watchband broke. I put the watch in my purse. Can't do anything about it immediately.

So I decide to enjoy my sandwich. I take a bite and think that cheese shouldn't be crunchy, so I roll my tongue around to locate the crunchy nugget. Lucky me, it's a huge filling out of one of my top teeth. At this point I'm lovin' life.

Knowing that our dentist's day off is Thursday, I call Buck and ask him to make an appointment for me for Friday. The tooth doesn't hurt, but I'm a little leery about waiting until Monday. Buck called me back, saying the dentist is out of the office until Monday and that I have a 2 p.m. appointment for that day. Oh, well. I did what I could. However, the sandwich was yummy. It's only about 1 p.m. and I have about 4 more hours ahead of me before I can leave to go home.

By 3:45 I'm beat and out of money, so I get in the car to head home. Car won't start. Doesn't even click or make any kind of noise indicating that it wants to start. Call Buck again. He comes to get me. We transfer a "full" station wagon full of groceries, etc. from one car to another. Then we drive straight to our mechanic's place in our town, give him the keys to my car, tell him where it is and what happened.

When it was all said and done, we didn't get home until about 5:30. Hurried to get everything in the house before the rain started. Now, it's raining steadily and we can't bury Tucker. Crap and half!!

Okay, I'm done venting.
I'm so sorry about Tucker, Katie. It's like losing a family member, isn't it?

OMG!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{KATIE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I can't believe a day like that. One thing after another. It almost seems scripted…..someone up there has a strange sense of humor. But you know, it reads really well (you’re a good story teller), and one day, you’ll come back and probably laugh about this. Simply incredible!

Sorry it was rough, and we're hoping and praying you and Buck have a better day tomorrow!

I was about to rip this and upload it (I actually have this on VHS), but someone has already beat me to it. This is a clip from a GOOFY movie called Amazon Women On The Moon....circa 1987. It is worth the price of admission just to see this clip. This guy (a very young Aresenio Hall) is having one serious bad day. It always makes me laugh to watch this!!

Last edited:
Katie,
you need a good stiff drink, to put your feet up and let the chips fall where they may..I'm so sorry about Tucker, I know that feeling. Enjoy the cool rain, and remember tomorrow there will be a rainbow...Just for YOU:)
kadesma

I was about to rip this and upload it (I actually have this on VHS), but someone has already beat me to it. This is a clip from a GOOFY movie called Amazon Women On The Moon from 83. It is worth the price of admission just to see this clip. This guy (a very young Aresenio Hall) is having one serious bad day. It always makes me laugh to watch this!!

Yep, keltin. That was pretty much my day. Thanks for making me laugh out loud.

Okay, I'm done venting.
First of all Im really sorry you lost Tucker.Next Try to look on the bright side of your going to town mishaps they could have been much worse.
First at least you had the debit card.
Next you had the spare sunglasses.They were in your purse for a reason.
Losing a filling is better than cracking a tooth or losing a crown.
Your watch could have been lost any where but it wasn't it fell in your purse.
Next be happy Buck was available to rescue you with the car problem.Im never that lucky as DH is never around when I really need his help.
And last it may sound a bit weird but the rain will soften the soil so it will be easier to make Tuckers final resting place.
I think if you try to see the good parts in set backs it makes it a little bit easier just a little.But thinking this way I think helps stop the cycle of set backs.Its not easy to do but it helps if not just a little bit.
So now sit back take a big breath, have a glass of wine,relax a bit and have Buck take care of you for a little while.Again Im so so sorry about your Tucker. JP

Yep, keltin. That was pretty much my day. Thanks for making me laugh out loud.

Glad to share! That's been my personal pill for years. I love to pop it in on those dark days.....it never fails to make me laugh....and once you laugh.....well things get better! ;)

We're really sorry about your cat....we're in the same boat with outdoor babies (DW has got about 9 or so cats that walk up and hang about for food and the occasional belly rub) and we hate to think about it........

What a horrible day Katie. I'm so sorry about Tucker. There's a lot to what JP said. I hope you have a good night's sleep tonight and that tomorrow is a much better day.

:)Barbara

Aw, Katie and Buck, I'm so sorry about Tucker. That was the worst part of the whole day I'm sure. Everything else is just dominoes after that. Hugs to you both, and Katie, I find that throwing something sometimes helps.

Oh, Katie, I do feel for yours and Buck's loss of Tucker. Our sweetest furchild, Tiffany, was found in the backyard by my daughter and myself about 3 years ago. Talk about boohooing------T. only lived to have her ears scratched and to be petted while laying in your lap. She had us for 12 years. As for the bad day that followed---TGIO (thank goodness it's OVER!!!) I like jpmcrew's positive spin on your horrible, no good day, however, as she's right---thank goodness nothing worse happened to you and you arrived home safely. Lots of hugs and sympathy coming your way. <><><><><><>

Oh, Katie, I do feel for yours and Buck's loss of Tucker. Our sweetest furchild, Tiffany, was found in the backyard by my daughter and myself about 3 years ago. Talk about boohooing------T. only lived to have her ears scratched and to be petted while laying in your lap. She had us for 12 years. As for the bad day that followed---TGIO (thank goodness it's OVER!!!) I like jpmcrew's positive spin on your horrible, no good day, however, as she's right---thank goodness nothing worse happened to you and you arrived home safely. Lots of hugs and sympathy coming your way. <><><><><><>
I just think if the town problems had happened on another day it maybe would not have been as bad but starting the day like that is just the pits.It happens sometimes just one thing after another and one can not help but wonder.What did I do to deserve this?

Sorry about your loss Katie. When we feel upset, things tend to go that way unfortunately. These things happen to everyone. Everything will be better. Hugs to you sweet lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom