Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Duh!!!

Just a warning to any other newcomers here, this is my first day here, and definately NOT my first day making pasta. Anyway, I have become so instantly addicted to this place I for the first time ever have overcooked my pasta!! I know, so what. But I never do that!!!

Ok, there's my rant. I'm done. The kids ate, that's all I can ask!

Just a warning to any other newcomers here, this is my first day here, and definately NOT my first day making pasta. Anyway, I have become so instantly addicted to this place I for the first time ever have overcooked my pasta!! I know, so what. But I never do that!!!

:)No kidding.I love it here and the people here are the most incredibly nice and caring people you will ever meet.

Well, we're glad you found us just in time to blame us on your over-cooked pasta! :LOL::LOL::flowers:

Hey neighbor. If kids ate the noodles then they were not so bad. Where in MN are you? I am in the cities. Welcome.

Welcome, Suziquize!

I'm sure that we can find a DC 12 step program for you and counseling for your children if you'd like.:LOL: Yep, this place IS addicting--glad that you're having fun.............

Hey Charlie. I'm up in North Branch. We lived in St. Paul most of our lives until we decided we needed wide open spaces.

Off and on over the last 4 weeks I have been having some serious troubles with my car and the auto shop has been not alot of help. Today, I drove it to the next town (40 miles away) and it started having trouble again. :mad: I got it to my brother's house and picked up our extra vehicle. To top it all off why I was driving over to the next town was because I lost my wallet over the weekend:( and had to make a trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles to replace my drivers license. I swear if this car does not get it's act together I am going take one of the D-6 Cats (tractor) on my timber sale dig a big hole and drop my car in it.

But the best thing is that my parents sent me flowers today to cheer me up. :)

I hope that everyone else's that has been having issues and problems is doing better also. Thanks for reading my venting. I hope all of you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Aw, Sierra, I know just how you feel. Recently we had some issues with one of our cars. About a month ago I had the day from "you know where."

I drove the 30 miles to our nearest shopping town. Buck had asked me to make a purchase at an unscheduled stop. He gave me the checkbook to pay for the purchase. When I got to the store, there were no checks in the checkbook. No problem, I used our debit card.

Then, later, as I was looking at something on a store shelf, I bent down and my sunglasses hit the floor and broke. Again, no problem, I had another pair in the car.

Then, at noon, I stopped in a shady spot to enjoy my lunch sandwich. I reached for my sandwich and, when I picked up the wrapper, my watch fell off. The band had broken. No fix here, so I put my watch into my purse.

Okay, time to eat my sandwich. I took a bite and, oops, I noticed that my ham and cheese was a bit crunchy. I rolled my tongue around in my mouth and came up with a big piece of a tooth. Boo hiss!

At this point I was sure my day couldn't get worse. Just as this was happening, Buck called me on my cell to see how my day was going. Well, he got an earful. Told him it couldn't get any worse. Never say things like that.

My goal that day was to start my drive home no later than 3:45 p.m. I was soooooo happy to look at my watch when I got in the car at my last stop...it was only 3:30. Yeah! I was doin' great.

I put the key into the ignition. NOTHING. Yep, day got worse. Had to call Buck to drive the 30 miles to come and get me.

After it was all said and done, I didn't get home until almost 6 p.m.

So, I truly understand your frustration, but don't bury your car....yet!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
My current vent is that my daughter got not one but 2 trojan horse viruses in her email and I'm having a heck of a time getting rid of them. ARGH!

Now I mad at my self. You might remember I was asking about Mexican cooking and did event for about 150 people. Apparently people are still talking about how good it was, So what do you know, somebody just called and asked me to help with Mexican food night for a local boys school. I can't say no, which is not a problem by it self, the problem is I never put anything on the paper. And do not remember what or how to cook and how much of anything we need. Darn, stupid, stupid me, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Everything Christmas-y way too early in the year.
Heck, I'm not over Easter yet and it's always the holidays.
Just to much:ermm:
Enough already with the songs and the signs and the decorations and the.........I know, bau humbug here

I agree with you though... it seems like the stores start decorating earlier and earlier every year. It drives me crazy. I love the holidays... I just don't want to be forced to deal with them in September instead of Nov./Dec.

I agree with you though... it seems like the stores start decorating earlier and earlier every year. It drives me crazy. I love the holidays... I just don't want to be forced to deal with them in September instead of Nov./Dec.

I so agree with you, I love Christmas in DEC> I do have my grandsons presents bought, need to be wrapped yet ! Happy Thanksgiving all !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom