"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #81
Everymom

Oh Barbara! You DID need to vent! What a mess! I sure hope all this gets cleared up in an expedient manner. I totally understand the stress THAT can cause. Hugs to you big sister!

Old 11-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #82
Master Chef

Oh, Barbara, I feel so sorry for you! What an awful feeling to have not been given enough, or the correct, information! Hang in there and keep fighting. It sounds like it can all be worked out. Hugs from here, too!

My only vent today, and it's minor compared to Barbara's, is that our computer is still pretty much on the fritz. I can receive but not send email, can only see web pages and post here intermittently, and DH's buddy who's helping fix it is great at computers but said even he's stumped on this one. There are moments when I really hate technology!

Old 11-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #83
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Barb... if I were you.. I'd have vented very loudly to the person in charge. What a mess!!!! I hope you can get everything cleared up today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

PA.. It's very easy to hate technology. It brings us a lot of good things but dang...we get so used to having it that when it breaks we're in a world of hurt. Hopefully all will be fixed soon.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:31 PM   #84
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Barbara, yes you did need to vent! Another {{{HUG}}} to you!

PA, I hope you can get your computer problems fixed soon!

My only vent today is that I feel like a spin top! I'm beginning to wonder if I have vertigo. My eyes feel like they are spinning & every time I stand up I feel like I'm going to pass out. I just wish the room would stop spinning around me!!
Old 11-09-2005, 01:32 PM   #85
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
oh no. Sounds like you should spend the day in bed.
Feel better soon!! : )
Old 11-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #86
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
oh no. Sounds like you should spend the day in bed.
Feel better soon!! : )
Thanks pds! I wish I could! I have to pick the kids up from school & go to my parents for supper & church tonight. If the kids didn't have choir practice, I wouldn't go. I did spend part of the morning on the couch but I still felt like I was flying around.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:39 PM   #87
Chef Extraordinaire

Should you be driving?
Can someone else take the kids or can they miss one pratice?

Heck it's hard being a mom.
It's impossible to call in sick.

Take care of you!!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:26 PM   #88
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks everyone. As soon as I get home from work, I hope to get this all straightened up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
My only vent today is that I feel like a spin top! I'm beginning to wonder if I have vertigo. My eyes feel like they are spinning & every time I stand up I feel like I'm going to pass out. I just wish the room would stop spinning around me!!
You should check with a doctor. It could be an inner ear problem. Are you on any kind of medications? I have been getting really dizzy the last few days. I think it is my blood pressure, or my blood pressure medicine. I just have to look like I am bending over and I get dizzy! I'm starting to wonder now though. You and I both were sick with that weird "cold" that made us really tired (a lot of people around here had that). I wonder if this is a hold-over from that?

Barbara
Old 11-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #89
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Barbara, yes you did need to vent! Another {{{HUG}}} to you!

PA, I hope you can get your computer problems fixed soon!

Crewsk, my husband was diagnosed with vertigo and what your describing sounds like it. You need to be careful and if it keeps up, go to the doctor and make sure, it could be an ear infection as Barbara said, but, don't play around with it if it keeps going or gets worse!
It will get a lot worse if you don't. It was pretty scary! When he is asking to go to the er and is someone that never goes to the doctor, I knew something was very wrong. He still gets spells now, 5 months later!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #90
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Whew! I talked to my financial advisor when I got home from work. She said that we could make payments, then when the 2nd half of the overage comes in January, the rest would be deducted from that. Then she asked if they could get a payment tonight to get it all started. We couldn't afford to do that right now, so she said she would call back 15 minutes later. When she called back, she said that they would defer the whole amount to January, and my next class will start November 15th. Thank goodness for good grades because she said that it is because I am a straight A student that they are doing this. What a relief. So now I have an extra week break. That will give me an extra week to work on housework and lesson plans, as well as do the reading for my next class. Aw, who am I kidding? It will actually give me more time to fool around on the computer! I really do need to do the other things though, so maybe I can get something done!

Barbara