"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:10 PM   #891
Chef Extraordinaire

Not really a vent except at myself because I detest waiting ..Ethan,Olivia and Carson have been sick off and on for a week or two..All three went to the doctor this morning. Carson has a breathing problem and was given albuterol, but is now running a fever, Olivia has an ear infection and lung congestion, and my little Ethan has pneumonia..This afternoon, my oldest daughter stopped by her sisters to give her some pasties I made and found an ambulance there. Seems, youngest daughter called them as Ethans hand were icy cold and turning blue an his fever was up again. The paramedics advised her to take them both to the ER..So now I sit and wait for the phone to ring and I am about to explode!! I can handle pretty much anything and only fall apart when it's over, but, right now..I just don't know what to do next..Thanks for letting me dump this here, it helps a little to at least talk about it...My poor girls are really good moms, and both right now are wrecks over this...
oh boy give me strength!

kadesma

Old 01-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #892
Sous Chef

kadesma, BUMER. Some things are difficult to deal with. But sick children..
In fact sick anybody is almost impossible. Whatever that virus is...it is all over. Most of my students have "something" and I keep my distance. Don't want the "thing".

I am sure you will keep a close watch...follow doctor's advise and all will heal soon. My neighbor bought a ginger root today. And she suggested you
boil the ginger root, with a couple of cups of water. Add some honey and lemon and sip like hot tea. This should be done when you are starting to feel poorly. She is a registered nurse, a mother, and a grandmother.

We hope and pray your family will be fine soon. Some strength from our house.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #893
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you Aria,
I do the ginger root tea whenever I'm feeling off..It helps and sooths. Daughter just called from hospital, Olivia, fever coming down and is licking a pedialight popcycle Ethans has shot up and he has a spot on his lung..They were tested for RSV and now we wait to see if they have that virus. Ethan at first refused the popcycle but has now decided to try it..Oh boy...Both my girls are teachers and they said they have had a lot of children out sick with whatever is making the rounds. They have been going to class with wipes and anti-bacterial hand wash..So far they are fine, but who knows what is riding home on their clothes!!!
kadesma
Old 01-24-2007, 03:07 AM   #894
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Kadesma... keep us posted. Fingers crossed that all is well. Poor poor babies!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:49 AM   #895
Executive Chef

oh Kadesma, I hope everyone is feeling better......any update??
Old 01-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #896
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Ooooh, ((((CJ)))) ((((Ethan)))) ((((Livi)))) ((((Carson))))
I can, or should I say cannot, I have never been a "ma" after all..., imagine how terrorized you felt while you were waiting for the phone call... just to think if I had a precious little boy like Ethan and found him in such condition, it is just too much. I wish from the bottom of my heart their speedy recovery, and they can come home healthy again soon. And make sure that your daughters and yourself take good care of yourselves during all these stress and scare, you guys need to stay healthy to give all the TLC and more that these poor little ones need!!
My thoughts and best wishes will be with you, my dear!!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:59 AM   #897
Head Chef

Kadesma, so sorry to hear your news. I hope everyone's making progress.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:04 AM   #898
Executive Chef

{{{{Kadesma}}}} Watching children who are miserable and not being able to 'fix' it is he**. I hope everything breaks quickly and the little ones are back to normal asap!

It sounds like it has been a terrifying time for your family and I hope today brings great news.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #899
Master Chef

Oh Kads......I hope the little ones are better really soon. I hate it when my kids are sick you just feel so helpless even though you do all the things your suppose to. Please let us know the results of the test and how they are doing. Huge hugs to ya.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #900
Chef Extraordinaire

OLivia and Ethan are here with me..Livi has ear infection and both have been checked for RSV Ethan pneumonia.\both given steroids and in halers to make breathing easier..\\\dh and I have our handsful Ever tried to get a 1 year old to use an inhaler? Then make them take 6 deep breaths? Lord help us..I managed to get Ethan to eat some apple and banana today. Kids calling be back later,
kadesma, thanks everyone your the best.