Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is doing it for two reasons: He loves you and is trying to be helpful, and he is worried about losing you. ......
:)Barbara

I think you hit the nail on the head, Barbara. You're pretty good at that I've noticed :)
I watched my father do the same thing with my mother last year. She didn't need to be hearing his griping about her not eating well, but he was afraid of losing her and thought he was doing her good. It really showed how attached he was to her where he had never shown that side of him before.

I don't know kadesma.... maybe give him a please stop, but realize he may not be able to.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Barbara. You're pretty good at that I've noticed :)
I watched my father do the same thing with my mother last year. She didn't need to be hearing his griping about her not eating well, but he was afraid of losing her and thought he was doing her good. It really showed how attached he was to her where he had never shown that side of him before.

I don't know kadesma.... maybe give him a please stop, but realize he may not be able to.
Pacanis,
Barb, knows me almost better than I know myself:) I know he loves me after all these years together..It's just frustrating being pulled back and forth by so many people. I'll try asking that he just let me do this and that I'll ask him if I need help and we shall see if it helps..Thanks pacanis..
kadesma

Last edited:
I agree with Barbara. Talk to your doctor. You should talk to someone with G in the room with you so that he knows how it is really affecting you. He loves you, but, he needs to know when to let you do things too so that your not miserable. Love you lady!!

If you give him a really big hug and tell him you love him for being such a wonderful husband, and then tell him you need to learn this stuff WITHOUT him being "helpful" so that you can be healthy on your own would that help?

If not, I recommend the tantrum. Have a knock down, no holds barred hissy fit. I'd be willing to bet he hasn't seen you do THAT very often. LOL. Hugs kadesma, much love and prayers for peace are coming your way.

If you give him a really big hug and tell him you love him for being such a wonderful husband, and then tell him you need to learn this stuff WITHOUT him being "helpful" so that you can be healthy on your own would that help?

If not, I recommend the tantrum. Have a knock down, no holds barred hissy fit. I'd be willing to bet he hasn't seen you do THAT very often. LOL. Hugs kadesma, much love and prayers for peace are coming your way.
Great idea Alix and thanks...I'll give it a try..will hold the hissy for the time being...Thanks for the hugs they feel so good...The prayers do bring peace.
kades

I agree with Barbara. Talk to your doctor. You should talk to someone with G in the room with you so that he knows how it is really affecting you. He loves you, but, he needs to know when to let you do things too so that your not miserable. Love you lady!!
Love you too my friend..Thank you, I'll sit with him tonight and we will talk calmly and quietly..Then if that doesn't do the trick, I'll have a hissy fit as Alix suggested:LOL: J/K it will work out...Just getting it off my chest here with friends to ground me and give me a hug or two has already helped.
kades

OMG, I am really having a hard time today with the smoking!! I am 2 days 4 hours 41 minutes smoke free, but, I'm having the withdrawls so bad today, hurts.

Addon: Wow, I JUST found out from my sister that she hasn't had a drink in a month!!:ohmy: ON HER OWN!!
and let me tell you, she drank right at noon until she went to bed everyday, except work days and had one as soon as she stepped into the door. I am so proud of her!! If she can do that, I can do this!!!

Last edited:
Wow, texasgirl, sounds like it's time to get those knitting needles flyin'.

I remembered the title of the knitting books I was trying to think of a couple days ago.

It's a series of 3 books by Sally Melville and they are wonderful for someone who is a beginner.

The first one is The Knitting Experience: Book 1: The Knit Stitch. The second book is all about the "purl" stitch and the third book is about "color." All the books are filled with great information/instructions and photos.

Wow, texasgirl, sounds like it's time to get those knitting needles flyin'.

I remembered the title of the knitting books I was trying to think of a couple days ago.

It's a series of 3 books by Sally Melville and they are wonderful for someone who is a beginner.

The first one is The Knitting Experience: Book 1: The Knit Stitch. The second book is all about the "purl" stitch and the third book is about "color." All the books are filled with great information/instructions and photos.

Great, thank you!!
I had the knitting out yesteday, messed up and ALMOST frogged the whole 72 rows, but, put it down instead and left it alone:LOL:
I haven't touched it yet. I think I will try it now.

I agree with Katie, repeat after me.

Knit 1, Purl 2, Knit 1, Purl 2.......

Almost 9 years after quitting and I still have to make my fingers busy and my brain go elsewhere.

I agree with Katie, repeat after me.

Knit 1, Purl 2, Knit 1, Purl 2.......

Almost 9 years after quitting and I still have to make my fingers busy and my brain go elsewhere.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
I love DC!!! It always makes me feel better. I have figured out, my worst is before 3pm. Weird, I'm still at work, but, not as bad after 3. We'll see how I do tomorrow:huh: I always mess up at home. DH drives me nuts though!! LOL

James actually had a pretty easy time quitting (he said prayer helped), but he said he has found himself kind of wanting one once in awhile since he quit. He has also had dreams where he was smoking.

I'm proud of how seriously you are taking this TG. Continued prayers and good thoughts for your efforts.

James actually had a pretty easy time quitting (he said prayer helped), but he said he has found himself kind of wanting one once in awhile since he quit. He has also had dreams where he was smoking.

I'm proud of how seriously you are taking this TG. Continued prayers and good thoughts for your efforts.

Aww, thank you Barbara!!:angel:
2 days, 7 hours, 38 minutes amd 32 seconds.
I started thinking, everything that my mom went through and everything that my niece is going through now and had no choice, I can make this choice and be about 1/4 strong as them.

Aww, thank you Barbara!!:angel:
2 days, 7 hours, 38 minutes amd 32 seconds.
I started thinking, everything that my mom went through and everything that my niece is going through now and had no choice, I can make this choice and be about 1/4 strong as them.
Texas,
you are strong, look how much you've been through with the boys and dh being sick..You've got what it takes..I won't say it is easy, it's not even after 5 months the urge is still there at times..And there are times it's as if someone gives me a push and I want to smoke, but, I don't keep any around to tempt me and I'm so darn stubborn that I refuse to even think of buying any..So on that note if this ol chick can do this, this young one I'm yakking at can too!!!!
You dig in those heels girl, you've already made me proud of you.
kades

Texas,
you are strong, look how much you've been through with the boys and dh being sick..You've got what it takes..I won't say it is easy, it's not even after 5 months the urge is still there at times..And there are times it's as if someone gives me a push and I want to smoke, but, I don't keep any around to tempt me and I'm so darn stubborn that I refuse to even think of buying any..So on that note if this ol chick can do this, this young one I'm yakking at can too!!!!
You dig in those heels girl, you've already made me proud of you.
kades

:blush::wub:Aww, thank you!! I won't let anyone or myself down!!

DH went back to the Gastroenterologist today. He is relapsing and choking on everything again. We were hoping for a new med to try. Basically, the idiot doesn't know what is going on and said there is nothing else that he can do and wants to rerun the manometry to see if it's better or not HELLO!!! We know it is not better!!! That is a $400 test and we don't have it. I have looked online and saw other treatments and he is saying there isn't any. I could not go, had to work or I would have printed all of it outand argued with him. I'm tired, want a cigarette, not going to do it, and I want him better. It is so hard to live like this.

TG, I hope there is a better solution for your dh soon and you are right: don't give in or you will have to start all over. You are doing great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom