"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:54 PM   #901
Head Chef

Arggggh, such a good day, such an awful evening.....the rain that came in through the ceiling on Monday is back, a remedy our landlord assured us he had done has not been done, and now water is pouring back in through the ceiling on to my one luxury purchase in Italy: my sheets and duvet cover. In tears of frustration I have pulled everything thats half dry out of the bedroom and we'll sleep on the sofa, but my guess is that our electricity is about to go again....

such a sad and pityful vent. If you don't here from me tomorrow my power is out and I'm wet!

Hey, to think I wanted the snow to come this week

Old 01-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #902
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD
So, we were planning to go to this wedding, next week, the whole family. Father of bride just called, the wedding is off.
Called airline to refund/cansel/change the tickets, they want $150 bucks per ticket. The hotel wants half of the prepaid price. But it doesn't ends there. We were the one who were going to give the afterwards party, I don't even want to think how much it's going to cost us.
Of course we are not as bad as the parents are, but I'm still pretty mad. i probably wouldn't be if the person who cancel the wedding, the girl, was not so erogant and cocky(sp?). I'm sure in part it is her fault. Grrrrrr, I can't even begin tocomprehand what the people think about.
Well, in the end it's better that way, rather then if they got maried and got divorce latter. Hope it's all for the best.
Wow, Charlie D.!!

I'd be mad as the dickens (more heart-felt expletives do come to mind) about this. At the very least (IMHO) the family (both sides) should be "helping" you pay for any cancellation fees that you may incur from the last minute hasty calling off of this wedding. This is not in the same category as cancelling last minute dinner reservations or a dental apptmt. ( however there are some dentists that will charge you a fee if you don't give them at least 24 hours notice), so I wouldn't be surprised that you might be out some money on this. Just remember that it takes two to break up so maybe it's not all the bride's fault and if it is-----well, then as you say it's better for everyone all the way around that it happens now than afterwards. You truly have a very valid vent. VVV award!

Old 01-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #903
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
OLivia and Ethan are here with me..Livi has ear infection and both have been checked for RSV Ethan pneumonia.\both given steroids and in halers to make breathing easier..\\\dh and I have our handsful Ever tried to get a 1 year old to use an inhaler? Then make them take 6 deep breaths? Lord help us..I managed to get Ethan to eat some apple and banana today. Kids calling be back later,
kadesma, thanks everyone your the best.
Wow kadesma. Hugs to you and your sickies. Aidan had croup last week and has now passed it along to his brother. What can I say? He's good at sharing. Sounds like small beans compared to what's going on at your house. At least you can send them home at the end of the day. Get some rest!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #904
Sous Chef

Ok, I started this new job today and I was very excited to start working in the branch. (I work for a bank as a teller supervisor) My OJT(on the job trainer) was a complete "female dog". She was supposed to be showing me around the branch as to where things were and introducing me to the customers. Instead, she just sat there and talked to the other tellers, completely ignoring me and leaving me to stand there with nothing to do. I tried to engage in conversation only to get simple one word answers. I understand that I am the ugly duckling as I grew up in CT but I am going to be your supervisor...couldn't you atleast talk to me? And what kind of a first impression is that? I was so excited to get there and for what? Hopefully it was just first day jitters for them and tomorrow will be better.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:00 PM   #905
Sous Chef

kadesma , I am so sorry to hear of all the sickness and struggles that are going on in your life. I hope that everyone is feeling better and up to par. Everyone will be in my prayers, just try to maintain your energy. You seem to be a great mother to be helping out your daughters like you are...I am sure they really appreciate it.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #906
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
Wow kadesma. Hugs to you and your sickies. Aidan had croup last week and has now passed it along to his brother. What can I say? He's good at sharing. Sounds like small beans compared to what's going on at your house. At least you can send them home at the end of the day. Get some rest!
Thanks Cora,
It doesn't matter what out little guys have but that they are feeling awful and unhappy..The poor little guy can't really tell you much, so you just have to do the best you can. I feel so sorry for them, the droopy eyes, red cheeks from fever, the little bodies as hot as a furnace..Tonight poor Ethan knew Cade was spending the night and left in tears because he wanted to stay too.. which set off Carson and Olivia..Oy me me..
kadesma
Old 01-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #907
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Cuillo
kadesma , I am so sorry to hear of all the sickness and struggles that are going on in your life. I hope that everyone is feeling better and up to par. Everyone will be in my prayers, just try to maintain your energy. You seem to be a great mother to be helping out your daughters like you are...I am sure they really appreciate it.
Thank you ,
your thoughts and prayers are appreciated..I'm sure they will be alright, it's just seeing them, just sitting and fussy where usually they are playing and laughing. Makes me want to cry.
kadesma
Old 01-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #908
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Thanks Cora,
It doesn't matter what out little guys have but that they are feeling awful and unhappy..The poor little guy can't really tell you much, so you just have to do the best you can. I feel so sorry for them, the droopy eyes, red cheeks from fever, the little bodies as hot as a furnace..Tonight poor Ethan knew Cade was spending the night and left in tears because he wanted to stay too.. which set off Carson and Olivia..Oy me me..
kadesma
It's just terrible when they're sick. They get so miserable and you try your best to make them feel better but sometimes there's not much you can do except hold them. My poor Callum has been crying this very sad, quiet cry most of the day, it breaks my heart. here's to you kadesma! What a great mother and grandmother you are!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:14 AM   #909
Head Chef

Kadesma, sounds like a nightmare scenario. Hope they start to improve soon.

And Mrs Cuillo, sounds like she's playing power games. Perhaps she applied for the job and didn't get it and is now hoping to make you look stupid. How well do you get on with your line manager? If it carries on, you'll need to do something.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:48 PM   #910
Everymom

Holy cow you guys! Not fun times lately! Hope all is better soon for you.

Makes my vent seem so small and petty, (but I'm still posting it!) my stupid computer keeps crashing! Argh! I know how to fix it, but it will just have to wait a bit longer til we deal with the bills from our holiday. LOL!

Closed Thread