Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, the ups website the package was out for delivery, so it should have arrived. sighs.
If it doesn't arrive soon, make sure to keep on them. Our local UPS guy delivered a vacuum cleaner my mom and dad sent for my birthday to another address (fortunately the people looked me up in the phone book and called and I went and got it). Also I won a contest that author Lisa Scottoline held (she wanted lawyer jokes for one of her books) and the prize was an autographed copy of her latest (at that time) book, The Vendetta Defense, and paperback copies of all her books that came before that. It never got here (UPS), and fortuntely she sent another set, which I got. So stay on them, and also let the company you bought it from know. UPS insures packages, so it shouldn't be a problem for you to get a new one if the first one is lost.

:)Barbara

Dear Flu:

Please go away. It has been two weeks, and this morning, I woke up with a temperature again.

Also, on your way out, please take the snow with you.

Thanks.

Yeah, it seems to hang on longer this year. I found that Zicam kicks it out quicker than others, but, it has to be started as soon as possible, but, you might try it. I hope you get better really soon.

Dear Flu:

Please go away. It has been two weeks, and this morning, I woke up with a temperature again.

Thanks.
Awww Sparrow, I'm sorry this is hanging on so long for you. This has been a bad flu season and has taken so many people by surprise since the flu vaccine wasn't a good match for the virus this year. Lots of my friends got the shot and a month later, the flu, too! Take care of yourself, drink a lot of fluids, rest even more and take long hot baths. :)lol: That's my standard treatment for flu here!)

Thanks, guys. I did have my flu shot.

I think I probably am cooking up some bronchitis/pneumonia right now, a secondary infection after the flu. I will hit the doc's office on Monday, if not sooner.

oh yuck sparrowgrass. I hope you feel better soon.

dh feels like he is coming down with something and I am keeping him filled with hot tomato juice and echineacia (sp?) tincture. He really likes the whiskey, er, tincture!

There is a poor dog running around trying to find somewhere to hide from the storms. ARGH, that make my heart break. I tried to get her/him to come into the storage gate, could hid under one of the RV's or something, but, it was scared of me.

Dear Flu:

Thanks.

I know how you feel. Everybody got flu shots here but me (I can't get em), but we have all been taking turns being sick for the last three months. Any given day someone here is sick. Right now it is my son and youngest daughter, while DW is just recovering from a bad chest cold and horrible coughing.
Meanwhile I have had chest pains for the last three days and it is really getting to be annoying and is slowing me way down on getting things done around the house.

double dang and heck..picked up a new solution to try for pd to help relieve some swelling and it has no sugar so BG's will be great..got it home, got it warmed, the center closed for the weekend, guess what folks, no tubing so i can't use the blasted stuff...Now I have to wait til monday to give it a try, the whole box load was without tubes!!! ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH am I ticked? nah, I love doing two extra fills and going to bed at 3:00 this morning..it was fun!:censored:
kadesma

OH NO!
I'm so sorry kads!!
img_551095_0_fd064c001a2e06690351805e95517f0e.gif

Sorry Kades.

I'm ticked myself. I've been suffering with allergies for too long now. Watery eyes, headache, pressure on my ears and all that cr-p! On top of it I have racoon eyes from the darkness under my eyes. I feel and look hideous! I've been taking Benadryl at night and Claritin gives me the jitters. I don't know what else to take that can help me and won't cause me to pull my hair out. Sigh.

I'm ticked myself. I've been suffering with allergies for too long now. Watery eyes, headache, pressure on my ears and all that cr-p! On top of it I have racoon eyes from the darkness under my eyes. I feel and look hideous! I've been taking Benadryl at night and Claritin gives me the jitters. I don't know what else to take that can help me and won't cause me to pull my hair out. Sigh.
Is it mountain cedar, Dina? We've had so much trouble with that in San Antonio this year.

It's more pollen and dust than anything else for me. Yesterday I dusted some rugs and I started feeling worse. I told DH I needed a maid to do it all for me to keep me away from dust and he just laughed. Argh...I will have to get my air ducts thoroughly cleaned and get a vacuum cleaner that takes away allergens and dust mites. I will be okay. These symptoms really cause me to be a real whiner.

To top it off I just read this from Good Morning America: " Antioxidant Fruits and Vegetables: Grape seed extract, which can be found in vitamin or health food stores, has been shown effective. But in your own refrigerator, apples, bananas and onions have anti-inflammatory properties and help to build up your immune system.
Some foods, including apples in some people, cross-react with tree pollen and will cause allergy symptoms. Some of those foods include pears, kiwi, cherries, peaches, nectarines, celery, carrots, parsley, peppers and nuts like hazlenuts, walnuts, and almonds."

I will shrivel if I have to stay away from fruit and nuts!!! ARGH!!!

Last edited:
It's more pollen and dust than anything else for me. Yesterday I dusted some rugs and I started feeling worse. I told DH I needed a maid to do it all for me to keep me away from dust and he just laughed. Argh...I will have to get my air ducts thoroughly cleaned and get a vacuum cleaner that takes away allergens and dust mites.
It's true, Dina. Housework kills.

Sorry Kades.

Dina,
hubby asked if your taking Claritin-D if so that can make you jittery..Plain Claritin shouldn't..Most OTC meds have loratadine which causes you to be jittery..
Wish I could be of more help..Does the benadryl help? If so I'd continue with it. the drowsiness will go away after about a week of use. Feel better, allergies are the pits.
kadesma

I'm so sorry, CJ. I guess it's no salt and limited fluids for you this weekend. Call those babies over to help you keep your mind off of it!
I'll be fine, so far no limits on anything..I limit myself on salt, don't need it since I found fresh cracked pepper..use it on almost everything so I've been lucky..no restrictions ..
kades;)

I chipped a corner of my front tooth so I have to go to the dentist and I hate it. I have an almost irrational fear of the dentist (and the bill) so I haven't been in a while. That means I'm going to have to have all the stuff fixed that I've been avoiding. Soooo, I'll be MIA on Wednesday while I go to Mexico and get my teeth fixed. (I think 9am is too early to show up drunk so I guess I'll have to do this sober.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom