"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:39 AM   #961
Executive Chef

It really just makes me so sad. I agree, teens do think they're invincible. I can't imagine the guilt being felt by the young driver. I don't think they realize how life can change so suddenly and drastically with one decision. Car accidents are the number one killer of teens.

The accident that happened last year was a 16 year old going 70 in a 25, on a road with a lot of hills. They were trying to "catch some air," it cost a 14 year old boy his life.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #962
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD
Thank you everybody. We did use some stuff local drug stores sales. The lies are gone but the nits are still there.

The reason we know that it was Not school because the whole school has been checked for it. Kids go to a very small private school. All parents know each other and most of us are friends. So I know for fact she did not get them in school.

We are washing and nearly sterilizing everything she use or comes in contact with. Itís been crazy. Thanks Michele.
So sorry Charlie D that you and your family are having to deal with all that.....when it rains it showers. I hope and pray it'll all do a complete turn around very soon and things get back to normal.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #963
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
It really just makes me so sad. I agree, teens do think they're invincible. I can't imagine the guilt being felt by the young driver. I don't think they realize how life can change so suddenly and drastically with one decision. Car accidents are the number one killer of teens.

The accident that happened last year was a 16 year old going 70 in a 25, on a road with a lot of hills. They were trying to "catch some air," it cost a 14 year old boy his life.
CJ, and Cora, bless your precious little ones that they have such excellent, wise guardians by their sides. I can trust that they will be kept safe, and taught good sense as they grow up... even if at times you mayannoy them to death but they will learn soon enough it is far better than driving themselves to death. (((Hugs))) to each one of you!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #964
Head Chef

Kadesma, how are the kids doing?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #965
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Puss
Kadesma, how are the kids doing?
Hi Snoop,
all three sickies are up and all better..Thanks for asking.

kadesma
Old 02-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #966
Head Chef

Glad to hear it.

Now I have a question - I'll avoid the vent - there's plenty of worse situations here. Does anyone here have any experience of catheters for cats with renal failure?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #967
Head Chef

Snoop, there is a chronic renine failure web support group....I'll try and find it for you if you like.....?

NUMBER ONE ISSUE, what is your cat eating...DRIED FOOD IS THE WORST THING, even if a renal support food!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #968
Head Chef

Drat, Snoop I have lost my addresses/webaddresses with that wretched ID fraud...I did a quick google and got this....feline-crf-info : Feline CRF Information

Someone I know from another forum is a great (amateur, but good) expert on CRF in cats, she is called Kim, and rescues CRF cats and is on two veterinary support groups for this....if you find her in the CRF group tell her Lulu who used to go to SOCOC recommended her. In any case, I frequented the group a few times researching food for my own cat who has a different problem and the support seems great.

Good luck.....diet and good (open minded) vet might not mean what you might think it means, if you can get those figures down ...I'll be praying for your cat.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #969
Cook

We do so love our animals don't we? Snoop, Hope your cat is better every day. . . . .Glenda
Old 02-03-2007, 06:32 AM   #970
Head Chef

Thanks lulu and Glenda. Unfortunately, we had to have him put to sleep. The vet came up with an enormous treatment regime but he had gone downhill so fast since our last visit that it was obviously going to be too much for him. All very sad.