"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 07:37 AM   #971
Head Chef

So very sorry.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #972
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
My heart aches for you, Snoop Puss. I know how difficult it is to see one of our furry children suffer and then have to make the decision to end the pain.

We are blessed with a loving, compassionate vet who cried along with us as we said good-bye to our beloved Justin Digger.

There is a special place in heaven for your kitty who will get to purr on your lap again someday.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #973
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I am so sorry Snoop... To lose such a beloved family member really takes away so much out of your life and heart... but try to look on the other side... he is no longer suffering, he went to a lovely place, young and happy again. He will be watching over you and will be always a part of you in the special corner of your heart.
He was so fortunate to have you during his time in this world.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #974
Master Chef

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Snoop . Your furry friend was blessed to have had you to love and care for it.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:08 PM   #975
Chef Extraordinaire

Snoop,
I'm so sorry about our little pal. Take comfort in that you gave him a wonderful home and a lot of love..
kadesma
Old 02-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #976
Head Chef

ARGGGGGGG

IN LAWS!!!!!!!

Please, please, please my friends, however little you think you have if you do not have an up to date will have one written, or write one and register it yourself THIS WEEK. So you don't end up writing this very same vent.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #977
Everymom

Aww Snoop Puss, I'm so sorry. I was afraid thats what was going on when I read your post in the Friday Five. Thats just so hard. Big hugs to you. I hope when your heart stops hurting so badly you will get another fuzzy as a companion, your life is just so much richer when you share it with pets.

lulu, Will? In Laws? EEK! I hope like heck you work things out QUICKLY.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #978
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
ARGGGGGGG

IN LAWS!!!!!!!

Please, please, please my friends, however little you think you have if you do not have an up to date will have one written, or write one and register it yourself THIS WEEK. So you don't end up writing this very same vent.
I feel for you Lulu. It's been 1 1/2 years since my father died and I'm still dealing with his estate and he had a will. Its a total mess and I just grin and bear it because what good is it going to do me its out of my hands as the state has came in an made a claim on the entire estate......now I'm just a pawn and am told by the lawyer what to do, when to do it and how. Supposibly I am to be compensated for my work but I doubt it will be a fraction of what I should be given.

I will advice anyone who has a loved one that has received assistance through the state in regards to a medical card to check with the state to see exactly what will transpire when the person receiving assistance passes away. I was far warned by a friend that had to deal with the state coming in and staking claim. She advice me to have my parents put their home and assests in us childrens names but dad was too proud and I could not approach him about this. Thus in the end mom passed away and I thought we were safe because the state never staked a claim well it wasn't till about 3 months after my father passed away that the state came with their hand out.........$69,000.00 plus was their request. Granted if it wasn't for them mom wouldn't of lived as long as she did so I really cannot be angry at them for stepping up and wanting their money back. So again, if your parents or yourself has received or is receiving medical assistance through your state check into this and make the necessary steps. I know my ex has made sure that his assests are not in his name so that the state cannot come in and take what our sons are to inherit.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #979
Head Chef

My m-i-l died 8 years ago last Tuesday...still rumbling on. She died intestate. Looks like my recently remarried F-i-l is keeping it all to buy a huge NYC place for him and new wife. He is offering five thousand pounds over five years to each of his children. Fair enough if they get nothing, except the property sold this week for six figure sum: and it ws my M-i-l's before her marriage to him. I am SURE she would have expected her kids to get at least a resonable percentage of her own property!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #980
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Snoop, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I recently went through something similar, I am sorry you have to go through this.

Lulu, I'm sorry for your problems. How frustrating!