Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chipped a corner of my front tooth so I have to go to the dentist and I hate it. I have an almost irrational fear of the dentist (and the bill) so I haven't been in a while. That means I'm going to have to have all the stuff fixed that I've been avoiding. Soooo, I'll be MIA on Wednesday while I go to Mexico and get my teeth fixed. (I think 9am is too early to show up drunk so I guess I'll have to do this sober.)

I don't like dentist either, and yes, 9am is too early:LOL:

I'm ticked myself. I've been suffering with allergies for too long now. Watery eyes, headache, pressure on my ears and all that cr-p! On top of it I have racoon eyes from the darkness under my eyes. I feel and look hideous! I've been taking Benadryl at night and Claritin gives me the jitters. I don't know what else to take that can help me and won't cause me to pull my hair out. Sigh."

Dina have you tried Zyrtec? It used to be prescription but it is now over the counter. I had a full body rash last year that was so itchy I cried every night. literally. I tried a million things and zyrtec worked like a miracle drug. Check it out it is for all types of allergies.

I don't like dentist either, and yes, 9am is too early:LOL:
Really, I don't even drink but since one of my sons is going with me (to make sure I actually go in), I would probably do it if I thought I could get away with it! I don't know what it is but just thinking about dental work makes me get dizzy and sweaty.

DH!!! Should be jerk husband not dear!!
6.gif
9.gif

It's my fault too, he just made me so angry. I faked a customer coming in or I would have hung up on him.
Due to all the things going on right now, us,ds's, I am about to overdraft my account for the first time and he doesn't know this, but, asked me how much we have in the bank, I told him that I wasn't sure, although I was. He told me I need to write things down in the check book, a little too obnoxiously, and I do, seriously, but, I ran out of room and can't find another check log, so, I look up my account almost daily and mark on my carbon copies that have cleared and mark on a sheet of paper the debits I have from my card, well, he told me that I keep money like my son and I'm going to put us in debt, just like ds did.
I don't see him doing ANY shopping, paying bills or keeping up with the dang bank account!!
If my sons would get there #$%@ together, I would have some money back in the bank!!! It's partly their fault and I can't say a anything. I guess I need to stop caring, but, I just can't. I have always done without so that they didn't. Now I can't even go to the doctor because of it!!
I'm sorry, you asked, now, don't you wish you hadn't.
When in the H#ll is it going to be my turn.

Oh, Stacy, I'm so sorry. I know how terrible this is. I think money issues and parenting issues are 2 of the things that couples fight about most and you're dealing with both right now.

Guys seem to react so intensely to money problems, I think because they feel like it's their job to see that the family has enough and when things run lean, they feel like failures. Women seem to react intensely over parenting issues because h***, we gave birth to the kids! We feel responsible and yet protective when our kids screw up.

None of that helps you right now except that it might give you a little comfort that you are not the only ones with these issues. Remember that this too shall pass and that we all get by with a little help from our friends.

ouch

:wacko:
Really, I don't even drink but since one of my sons is going with me (to make sure I actually go in), I would probably do it if I thought I could get away with it! I don't know what it is but just thinking about dental work makes me get dizzy and sweaty.

me too, now i have false teeth, they suck big time. never have fit well.
i was know to leave dentist office if they kept me waiting. i should have waited. hang in mom , u will be glad in the long run.

babe

DVD not captioned

I bought a dvd movie that is supposed to be closed captioned, it had the cc on the box . I put it in the dvd player and movie started, no captioning. :mad:
I cannot watch a movie without closed captioning, being deaf. I had bought it at Sam's Club and I don't know if they will accept returns of opened dvd box. The movie didn't even have the interaction menu , some dvd have them, that one can go to the Language and select subtitle . It really aggravates me when I can't see a movie I bought!

Take it back to Sam's anyway and explain your problem. If they don't buy your story, ask the clerk to go over to their electronics department and demonstrate to them on the spot. As they say, a picture is worth....

Be sure you still have the receipt.

:wacko:

me too, now i have false teeth, they suck big time. never have fit well.
i was know to leave dentist office if they kept me waiting. i should have waited. hang in mom , u will be glad in the long run.

babe
My mom said hers have never fit well either and it drives her crazy. I usually stay if I make it in the door but more times than I can count, I just call and cancel the day before my appointment because I've gotten so panicky. Since my son is going with me and it's 3 hours away, I'll probably actually make it into the chair!

OK I figure I will give this a try. I have spent most of this weekend in bed with severe chest pain. I have had it on and off for the last couple of years, but every time I follow the Doctors advice and go to the ER, they run an EKG and find no problems.
So this last Saturday night it got real bad, and I decided not to go running to the ER yet again only to be given an aspirin and sent home, so I waited it out and on Monday called for a doctors appointment which they scheduled for this morning.
I got to the doctors office, and after being thoroughly chewed out for not going to the ER on Saturday, got sent to the Cardiac Lab at the hospital. Surprise surprise they did an EKG on me. Never saw that one coming...
They then sent me back to my doctors office to await them faxing it back to her for review but only after one of their cardiologists reviewed it. Two hours later we left the doctors office as the results had still not been sent over, the doctor said she would call me later and let me know if it was serious enough to require immediate hospitalization.
So, uh, it could be that serious but since they don't know I should just go home and hope for the best?
Well, a few minutes ago I finally get a call from her. The EKG showed changes, but nothing serious enough to require immediate hospitalization, but enough for them to want me to go in tomorrow right away for an 'echo' test. They also informed me I have a heart murmur. I asked if that was serious. She said it could be, or it might just be nothing. Hey thanks for the straight answer there! She said the 'echo' test would clear that up as well.
So then I tell her the chest pain came back again tonight, and she says I should go to the ER right now! Why?????? So they can do an EKG and tell me the same thing she just told me?? That I don't need immediate hospitalization, follow up with your doctor?
Maybe it is just me, but this whole thing sounds just a tad wacked to me. Maybe I am wrong, but it sounds to me like they are saying "We know you may have a problem but it doesn't require hospitalization yet, nonetheless should you experience more chest pain report to the ER so they can tell you what we just told you again".
Hey, I am not deaf, heard it the first time.... see ya in the morning!

OK Maverick, here's the straight deal. GO TO THE ER!!!! I don't like docs or hospitals or any of that and I don't trust them either. BUT, they are the only choice is some situations and this is one of them. Take control of your healthcare and refuse to leave til they tell you what is causing your chest pain. Knowing you already have some changes on your EKG means there is something going on. If it's not a heart attack, be thankful. But if it is a heart attack and you don't go, you could sustain irreversible damage to your heart.

I know that sounded mean but you've done all the things you are supposed to and I'm really hoping this is not a heart attack. But you are a really nice guy and I like having you here and I know you have little ones so go to the ER, my friend.

Heck yeah, Mav..... and then get a second Dr's opinion!

I went to my usual Dr complaining of fatigue, pain in my groin and swelling for a year. Did the blood tests, the X-Rays, was treated for bronchitus a few times.. finally came, "drop your drawers". Turns out I had THREE hernias! The surgeon that operated on me told me that I probably only would have had the one if it had been caught in time... And they don't operate on three at a time, so it took two operations.

Point being? Get a second opinion if you don't fully trust your Dr. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Here's the thing. The doctor saw a change on the EKG showing that there IS something going on, but, not to the extent that it looks like an emergency, BUT, if you continue to have the chest pain, that could mean that it is getting worse each time and if you ignore it, it could be the one time you shouldn't have.
I've had the stress echo, not a big deal at all. The only painful thing to it is when I was put on the treadmill and they started lifting as if going uphill. My calves felt like they were on FIRE!! OUCH! But, other than that, it was nothing.
If you continue to get the pain,just go. It's better to be safe and them send you home with aspirin, than to be taken in an ambulance and it be to late and they send you home in a casket instead!! I'm sorry if that sounds uncaring,but, frankly, do you think I would even reply to this if I didn't?

Just to clarify, it wasn't my regular doctor I saw today. I love my doctor, she has shown great patience with me over the last 8 years and worked hard to help me despite the obsticals throw up by the depression. But she is too popular, an emergency visit would be 3 to 5 days out, a regular appointment 30 days out. So today I saw one of her associates, one I have seen once or twice in the past.
What frustrated me was two things:
One that the appointment was at 9:30am, shortly after they sent me to the Cardiac Clinic and by 11:30am I was back in the Doctors office. We left at 2pm as no word had been received back on the results. Apparently they weren't concerned enough to want to keep me until the results arrived. After we left we stopped by Menards for some shopping and browsing. I had to leave an hour later for chest pains and go home. I have been laying down ever since and they have subsided now. Just a slight ache is left.
Two is that what they are saying is that they have learned all that they can from the EKG, and therefore need the Transthoracic echocardiogram to learn more. If I do go back to the ER, they can only run an EKG, and that will show them what is already in my chart, IE nothing new to learn. They can't do the 'echo' unless they admit me to the hospital, and there is nothing on the EKG that would indicate I need immediate hospitalization. Therefore they would not admit me, and I would not get the test. These are the rules the doctors have to follow, they must find sufficient cause to warrant hospitalization and further tests, and so far the Cardiologist who has the say does not think it is serious enough to warrant the hospitalization and tests. He believes it is best to just come in tomorrow for an appointment and go from there. I think if I would take exception to any of the doctors, it would be him.
So, unless something major happens overnight, going to the ER would not serve any purpose, which is why I would question them telling me I should go anyway. But, I suppose there is the outside chance something might happen. Right now it is no where as severe as it was Saturday night (and hey, I was still in here posting anyway!), but if it gets that severe again I suppose I can drop by the ER.
Who knows, maybe that doctor will have a different opinion? Just, doesn't all that sound rather frustrating and just a little contradictory?

Of course it does..You feel as if you're chasing your tail!!! But, you need to be very careful..If they have nothing better for you, then I'd be on a first name basis with the ER staff..Just take care of YOU and to heck with the rest..It's just like the member who's BF won't eat veggies, keep waving them under his nose and you keep walking on by and eventually something will be done.
kadesma

I wanted to thank all of you for your kind words. I remember the treadmill test, had it done in 03, ugg. I did pass with flying colors, but my doctor kept saying we should do it again since it has been so long since I last did it. We just never got around to doing it, not her fault, mostly it is the depression that keeps me from staying on top of this stuff.
It doesn't feel to bad right now, so I think I am going to wait it out unless it suddenly gets much worse.
Thanks again Fishers Mom, Pacanis, Texasgirl, and Kadesma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom