Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our neighbors son is like this. He is now 23, soon to be 24 and has not held a job in his life longer than two weeks. He finished high school just before his 21st birthday. His mom pays for his car insurance, gas, and money to go out with his girlfriends; and when his mom doesn't have money the girlfriends pay.
Now the mom is moving down to NC to be with her husband stationed in the Army there and letting him and his sister live in the house. That is just a disaster waiting to happen. If it snows they don't shovel, and I have never seen either one of them use a lawn mower or ever help clean the house. The daughter is 20 and is supposed to be in school but still has not re-enrolled yet.
She needed to practice some tough love and never did. Her DH tried to but she would not let him, and now it has gotten to this. Unless they are given a reason to get up and get out, they won't see why they should. You have to take away their comfort zone so they can go out and create their own.
I wish all the best for you.

Maverick,
I just read what you have been going through the past couple of days. I just recently had to stay in the hospital with my roomate who had some seizures. the worst part was the waiting game we had to play. I hope that everything goes well with you and I wish a speedy and healthful recovery!!!!!

small potatoes next to the above vents but,

DANG IT, vacation is over,
I have a bladder infection
and
I
have
to
go
back
to
WORK
today.... ugh!!!

small potatoes next to the above vents but,

DANG IT, vacation is over,
I have a bladder infection
and
I
have
to
go
back
to
WORK
today.... ugh!!!

My deepest sympathies for you, pdswife---I'm a veteran of many:( and they are no fun and very painful. If you haven't already visit your health food store and get some cranberry pills (not juice) and some lactobacillus capsules which is found in natural yogurt and both will really help fight the bacteria and future bacteria that cause the infections. Cranberries help in that they make it difficult for the bacteria to adhere to the lining of the bladder and the lactobacillus (not quite sure exactly) helps adjust the ph to also inhibit bacteria growth. They really have helped me and maybe they will help you, too. My 22 year old daughter is quite upset with the genes that have been passed on because she has been on 4 different antibiotics to try and rid herself of her current infection. She went and bought the cranberry and lactobacillus and has been on them for a week along with her current antibiotic. We're keeping our fingers crossed that she'll finally be rid of it. Hope that you do, too. Drink LOTS of water!!

Ladies let me tell you, nothing like a blader infection in man, especially when one lives in Soviet Union. I am not going to go into details of treatment, I would not want anybody to faint.

PDS I hope you'll feel better very soon.

PDS, AZO standard is a good pain relief. It's over the counter. Just be careful, LOL, turns everything orange. But the relief is soo wonderful!!

I wished that AZO would have worked for me, texasgirl, but mine went beyond that kind of pain---more info than you want to know--but the worst one was when my DH had to practically carry me into the exam room after a painful 3 hour wait in the emergency room and I handed a cup of blood to the nurse as my urine specimen---even she raised her eyes---never want to go thru that again.

And yes, CharlieD, after being over here for awhile, I can just imagine what horrors you must have put up with and the care here is pretty decent though I had to have stitches removed in the UK recently (cut my finger on a knife here in K and had 3 stitches put in) and the nurse told me that he hadn't seen that kind of suture material in YEARS! Oh, well, it did the job and my finger is still intact! :)

I'm happily in my Kazak "dom"--all is well----just read a great book about Kazakhstan written by a Brit---luckily no more bladder infections for many, many years--can't imagine what you must have endured because the book dealt with the Soviet's treatment of K. as a huge dumping ground for ethnic groups that they didn't want, their complete disregard for theenvironmental impact of pollution, radiation contamination, the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of people, etc., etc.

PDS, AZO standard is a good pain relief. It's over the counter. Just be careful, LOL, turns everything orange. But the relief is soo wonderful!!

lol.. and it's not even a pretty shade of orange.;)
BUT, it does help.

Thanks everyone.
Started on the anti-b's today.:) So tomorrow is looking
happier.

smiles, T

... complete disregard for ... people, etc., etc.

Soviets had "disregarded" prety much anything and everything exept Moscow. Not as bas as far regions, but still it was terible then, it is not much better now. I just found that one of my friends was killed by a gang of a crucked police (militcia) men.

Just a quick note on the cranberry and lactobacillus thing. The cranberries change the PH levels which make the place inhospitable for the bacteria to thrive in. (cranberry juice works too but it has sugar so its not AS effective as the pills) The Lactobacillus is a bacteria that is normally found in our bodies. When you are on antibiotics they kill ALL bacteria in our bodies, including the ones we need. So, the lactobacillus capsules put the good stuff back in there to keep us from getting REALLY messed up. (Think yeast infection after the bladder infection. EWWW!)

Just a quick note on the cranberry and lactobacillus thing. The cranberries change the PH levels which make the place inhospitable for the bacteria to thrive in. (cranberry juice works too but it has sugar so its not AS effective as the pills) The Lactobacillus is a bacteria that is normally found in our bodies. When you are on antibiotics they kill ALL bacteria in our bodies, including the ones we need. So, the lactobacillus capsules put the good stuff back in there to keep us from getting REALLY messed up. (Think yeast infection after the bladder infection. EWWW!)

Wow, Dr. Alix, thanks for the info:LOL:
Thankfully, never had to deal with the latter problem.

Alix--Thanks for a better explanation than mine---I really couldn't remember why the lactobacillus worked but it does and that makes sense about what happens when you take antibiotics. I haven't had a bladder infection in over 20 years because as soon as I fear that one is starting I begin my cranberry pills, lactobacillus and tons of water regimen and so far I've been able to ward off one.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom