Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
join the group Pancho... we had to pay over 2000 dollars... oh and that free money the government is sending out ( I think it's a mistake) we get a total of $67.00. I really believe that there should be a FLAT TAX. The way we do it now is so unfair.

pdswife, I had a very "crabby" 10th English teacher a hundred years ago and remember him harping that NOTHING was fair in life and there was nothing as something for "free"-----now he looks very wise and not crabby at all-----I'm the crabby one now!!!

Well, I listened to a government spokes person, defending our prime minister, saying that in the UK, we now had the lowest direct taxation in Europe. She did did not mention the indirect taxation and the fact that every economist states that the amount of tax paid by people in this country (as a proportion of their income) has risen every year for decades.

For the life of me, I don't know why people think it's their right to have a say in your life..I was saying goodbye to Carson this morning after picking up Cade and Carson was crying and holding his arms out to me, this woman walked over to us and asked is he alright did he get hurt. My daughter said no he is fine, then why is he yowling like that asks the woman..I said, he doesn't want to leave his brother..Well she huffs, if you let him behave like that, he is going to be a spoiled brat..That is when I started to tel he to take a hike, but my daughter, just put her arm around me and whispered, shall I show her what a spoiled brat really is? Of course I started to laugh, so did Cade and Carson too, the woman hrrumped and stomped off...Then we laughed even more when Someone I'm not sure who said as they pointed her way, now that kid needs a time out...:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

Hahaha! It's easy to be an "expert" if you've never had a kid and I that she didn't or hers lived on a time out chair for the most ridiculous things........now they're probably having time out on some psych's couch.........amazing

People need to mind their own business when it comes to other people's kids. They don't know the individual situation of anyone. What if Carson was acting up because he had recently had sibling die, or gotten over an awful illness, or "mommy" had been hospitalized for a week? Really.

My son did like his nails polished just like mommy (he was 2 so in my book that's ok). A lady in the grocery store line made a comment about and scrunched up her face and put her hand over her mouth. My son saw her hand and pointed to it and said - "those aren't pretty, my mommy paint them" :LOL: I did the right thing - I told him that wasn't very nice and he was insistent that they weren't pretty. I had to quit 'cause I was gonna blow a gasket from trying not to laugh.

People are clueless - - - they forget - - - ignorance is really the only word I can think of.

Glad you got to vent here CJ - though she would have deserved anything you "gave" her. :flowers:

My son did like his nails polished just like mommy (he was 2 so in my book that's ok). A lady in the grocery store line made a comment about and scrunched up her face and put her hand over her mouth. My son saw her hand and pointed to it and said - "those aren't pretty, my mommy paint them" :LOL: I did the right thing - I told him that wasn't very nice and he was insistent that they weren't pretty. I had to quit 'cause I was gonna blow a gasket from trying not to laugh.

People are clueless - - - they forget - - - ignorance is really the only word I can think of.

Glad you got to vent here CJ - though she would have deserved anything you "gave" her. :flowers:
:LOL::LOL::LOL: What a funny story, Elf. Some of my boys went through a nail polish phase too.

I remember once when we were on a trip and through a variety of mishaps, it got late and my then 3 year old son was really hungry and trying to contain himself. We went to a McDonald's I think and when we opened up his little burger, they has mistakenly put pickles and onions and catsup on it. It was almost too much for my little guy because he was starving. I quickly told him not to worry, I can get it off, it will be all gone as I was trying desperately to scrape off the offending condiments from his little burger.

A lady next to us piped up and said I should teach him to be grateful for food when he got it and to eat what was put in front of him. My little guy was shocked and stopped whining and turned around to look at her. Then he whispered really loud in the direction of my ear "I think she needs a tummy tickle" (which was what I would do to him if he was crabby or cranky). I couldn't help it - I laughed and said to him "Do you think so?"

The lady was not amused and made a big production out of moving to another spot but I always thought my boy was right. That's exactly what she needed. The lady who poked fun at your son's fancy nails probably really needed a manicure, too, even if she didn't know it at the time!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: What a funny story, Elf. Some of my boys went through a nail polish phase too.

I remember once when we were on a trip and through a variety of mishaps, it got late and my then 3 year old son was really hungry and trying to contain himself. We went to a McDonald's I think and when we opened up his little burger, they has mistakenly put pickles and onions and catsup on it. It was almost too much for my little guy because he was starving. I quickly told him not to worry, I can get it off, it will be all gone as I was trying desperately to scrape off the offending condiments from his little burger.

A lady next to us piped up and said I should teach him to be grateful for food when he got it and to eat what was put in front of him. My little guy was shocked and stopped whining and turned around to look at her. Then he whispered really loud in the direction of my ear "I think she needs a tummy tickle" (which was what I would do to him if he was crabby or cranky). I couldn't help it - I laughed and said to him "Do you think so?"

The lady was not amused and made a big production out of moving to another spot but I always thought my boy was right. That's exactly what she needed. The lady who poked fun at your son's fancy nails probably really needed a manicure, too, even if she didn't know it at the time!

Or in the words of Buck's wise father, "Count yourself. You ain't so many."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom