Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't going to be on this weekend because of work and all that is going on, but I just got a call from Tara's boyfriend and wanted to tell you that she was rushed to the hospital last night by her uncle. They are FINALLY GOING TO OPERATE and it IS appendicitis. Today is a crazy day for me because DH has to help move at work and I have a cake to finish by this afternoon, but her BF said they will keep me posted and I will get there as soon as possible. I know surgery isn't fun, but you don't know the relief that is flowing through me at the moment. This almost doesn't fit in the vent category, but since I was posting here I thought I should update you all. Thanks once again for your thoughts and prayers.

I feel like all I do these days is clean up poo. Sorry, for the unappetizing subject, but it's true. My family had the flu last weekend and my toddler seems to not be able to shake it. I woke up this morning to the sound of "Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew!" coming from his bedroom--yep, exploded diaper all over the carpet, bed, walls, stuffed animals. I threw him in the tub and proceeded to scrub the carpet just outside the bathroom door when again I heard "Ew! Ew! Ew!". He had gone in the tub and was standing up trying to avoid it. After I got him, the carpet, and the tub scrubbed of course, the new baby decided to explode out of her diaper, followed by another exploded diaper from my son that ended up all over the carpet. It's a nice day outside, maybe I'll just send them both outside naked and keep a hose running...

I feel like all I do these days is clean up poo. Sorry, for the unappetizing subject, but it's true. My family had the flu last weekend and my toddler seems to not be able to shake it. I woke up this morning to the sound of "Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew!" coming from his bedroom--yep, exploded diaper all over the carpet, bed, walls, stuffed animals. I threw him in the tub and proceeded to scrub the carpet just outside the bathroom door when again I heard "Ew! Ew! Ew!". He had gone in the tub and was standing up trying to avoid it. After I got him, the carpet, and the tub scrubbed of course, the new baby decided to explode out of her diaper, followed by another exploded diaper from my son that ended up all over the carpet. It's a nice day outside, maybe I'll just send them both outside naked and keep a hose running...

i think you are onto a good plan. sometimes having kids is just disgusting.
when i was pg with my daughter, was taking a nap and keep smelling a foul order. found if i turned a certain way, i could not smell it.

well when i woke up to get son out of crib, i found it. he had painted his entire crib with poo, as well as the wall. of course all over him. i immediately started to barf. husband had to do clean up. oh yes, son used a sock as a paint brush. old fashioned crib with lots of linesto hold onto the poo. yuck

babe:(:(:(

i think you are onto a good plan. sometimes having kids is just disgusting.
when i was pg with my daughter, was taking a nap and keep smelling a foul order. found if i turned a certain way, i could not smell it.

well when i woke up to get son out of crib, i found it. he had painted his entire crib with poo, as well as the wall. of course all over him. i immediately started to barf. husband had to do clean up. oh yes, son used a sock as a paint brush. old fashioned crib with lots of linesto hold onto the poo. yuck

babe:(:(:(

Omg, yucky poo ! poor babe and all the other Mom's that have to go thru this ! :ROFLMAO:

I feel so bad going off like this when there are others, such as Dina, Stacey's BIL, etc. who have as many or more burdens, but this is just such a wonderful place to be able to let it all out.

You think your burden is any less? He#$ no it isn't!! I don't feel what is going on in my life is more important than yours either. We all go through our own worries and sufferings. Some are only worse by life threatening, but, guess what, what your daughter is dealing with IS life threatening. Appendicitis can kill you if not caught in time.
I don't care if you stubbed your toe, this is the place to let it ou!! VENT!!!!;)

Oh I know how you feel Michele. Sorry to hear about the incident. We all go through ups and downs with our kiddos. Hang in there.

I wasn't going to be on this weekend because of work and all that is going on, but I just got a call from Tara's boyfriend and wanted to tell you that she was rushed to the hospital last night by her uncle. They are FINALLY GOING TO OPERATE and it IS appendicitis. Today is a crazy day for me because DH has to help move at work and I have a cake to finish by this afternoon, but her BF said they will keep me posted and I will get there as soon as possible. I know surgery isn't fun, but you don't know the relief that is flowing through me at the moment. This almost doesn't fit in the vent category, but since I was posting here I thought I should update you all. Thanks once again for your thoughts and prayers.
:ohmy: Wow! They finally figured it out. I always thought appendicitis was an easy one to diagnose. Makes me wonder about the doctors up there. I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers to your daughter God knows she has been thru alot. She should not worry about her job maybe you can call he job and explain I'm sure she will still have her job that way you can reassure her for sure so she can concentrate on getting better.
Many years ago when I worked on an archaeological dig I was the cook a young girl kept feeling sick in the morning I said she is pregnant then one night she was on the floor in pain and I said OK she's not pregnant she has appendicitus. Turns out yes she had appendicitus and she was pregnant as well. Go figure.

I am so upset with my bosses they will be lucky if I come back next weekend.

I asked for today off for my nephew's baptism. I got it, and my boss asked if I could make a few extra batches so she wouldn't have a long day today. (boohoo) This is a woman who takes it upon herself to come in every day and work 10-11 hours. She believes if she doesn;t the store will fall to pieces. (not true)

I made 7 batches of dough yesterday and worked 9 hours. Generally I work about 7 hours and make 5-6 batches. So I busted my butt yesterday.
About 5:30 the husband half of the owners call me, and he says, "she has 7 batches of dough to make Sunday, you agreed to make extra so she could have an easy day. What happened?"
I explain how much I made and apologize if it was not enough. We hang up. I have no clue how she could possibly have that much to make. Should be 3 tiny batches tops.
I called back, and asked if she was maybe reading my list from today and assuming that was her list for tomorrow, and not actually looked in the cooler. He says thanks, he'll ask her.
He calls back again to apologize. I apparantly DID work very hard yesterday, she assumed I didn't. I always work that hard, I do not take breaks. I's EXREMELY angry and hurt that they even could assume the shoddy work out of me. I really want to quit. Bad.

Ok thank you. Done now. All better, mostly. :)

I'm sorry...it's so hard when you need a job and yet you're treated badly where you work. At least they admitted that they were wrong.

Hope next week goes better.

How was the Baptism?

LOL!! The kid didn't even move!!! He slept the WHOLE service. Wish mine would have.....

They did good I shouldn't complain.

Careful what you wish for, the old owner didn't take care of the place and my MIL and I were the only ones working hard. We were really excited about the new owners turning it around, and they did, but now can't appreciate that we work really hard, but she whines when she has to bake.

Maybe I'll go work at WalMart so I can get a discount on diapers.

discounts are always nice. Is Wallymart closer to your house??
Would you like working retail instead of baking??

You work with you MIL??? EEK!!!! I love mine but... being with her all
day might drive me bonkers!

I totally agree with you about not being appreciated on the job - won't go into details but I do know where you are coming from.

As for Walmart, a discount on diapers is great, but just make sure your daughter doesn't know that you can also get a discount on lego! :LOL:

I know it's easier said than done Suziquzie but don't take it personally. Unfortunatlly it just seems to be the way of the world today. A lot of folks have an "it's all about me" attitude and never even consider other people or their feelings into the equation. That's exactly why I started an at home internet business. Now I work for myself, when I want to, where I want to and don't have to deal with anyone else!

no power for thirteen hours

yesterday it was very hot here, as it is now. about 2 pm power went out. temp was 102.

what a bummer, you really can't do much with no power. took shower and cut out a chair cover. when it got dark , lit many candles. fortunately i have a little light for reading that runs on batteries. fits around my neck. my large flashlight was dead of course and no new batteries for it.

and of course it was getting hotter by the minute in the house. i opened every window. i then worried my cat might lean against the screen and fall out.

no! he decides to catch his tail on fire. had a lit candle in his path to window sill lucky for him it went out almost instantly. smelled awful but little damage done.

hard to sleep when it is so hot. power came back on about 3am.

all and all a real bummer. we forget how lucky we are to even have power and all the things that run on it.

babe:-p:-p

haha no pds I dont work with her, we have the same job. She bakes mon-fri I do sat-sun. Once in a great while they let me come in to help her during a weekday, we have alot of fun!
I really love the job, but it's starting to be not worth the heartache, maybe I shouldn't be so sensitive I suppose.

babe I hope you get to keep your power awhile!

It's hard not to be sensitive when you KNOW you are doing a good job and working your butt off and taking time away from your family...

I'm not going to bore you with what is going on again, but, please keep us in your prayers that something that is going on turns out to be false!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom