Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) We also have a couple of wild fires here at the ranch the smoke can get thick but not so bad right now. Starting to get a bit of rain here and there. I hope we get a good monsoon season which usually starts the beginning of July. We are so parched right now

Barbara and LP. You both are like sisters! I hope you start feeling better Barb.

My vent today is that hubby's 8 year old car broke down. Argh! I was home all day waiting on him to bring back our other car so I could go run my errands. Not to mention I need a car to take the kids to dance and MMA classes all week long. It's frustrating having just one car to move around. Thankfully, a friend's husband will be coming by to check on the car. If we can get it working again, we will all be in happier spirits.

Barbara and LP. You both are like sisters! I hope you start feeling better Barb.

My vent today is that hubby's 8 year old car broke down. Argh! I was home all day waiting on him to bring back our other car so I could go run my errands. Not to mention I need a car to take the kids to dance and MMA classes all week long. It's frustrating having just one car to move around. Thankfully, a friend's husband will be coming by to check on the car. If we can get it working again, we will all be in happier spirits.
Yeah! I could have two Canadian sisters!

I hope your car troubles are taken care of soon Dina. I know how frustrating that can be. I don't have kids in the house (my daughter is grown), but last year I had to have people take Cubbie and me to PetSmart (about 20 miles from here) one day a week for a few weeks for his obedience training. One time poor Cubbie had to sit on the floor in front of me. He wasn't full grown, but a 7-8 month old German Shepherd still isn't small!

:)Barbara

Hey, Girlfriend, get yourself one of those big microwaveable heat wraps and wrap that baby around yourself......3 minutes in the micro and you're good to go......they have nice velco self-adhesive wraps and release at least and hour's worth of wonderful heat.......better that a boyfriend......I am here to testify......

Yeah, I agree with Expat that the microwave heat bags are great but a loving man is even better!:LOL: Seriously, locallized heat and/or light massage does wonders. Barbara, I hope you are finding some relief. And I will be your Canadian sister any time!

I spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital with DD again and still no definitive answers. All it did was bring on more pain for both of us. I was so bad when I got home that I ate and went straight to bed....forgetting to make our border's lunch and coffee. I am getting tired of this pain taking over and no one doing anything about it!:mad:

Yeah, I agree with Expat that the microwave heat bags are great but a loving man is even better!:LOL: Seriously, locallized heat and/or light massage does wonders. Barbara, I hope you are finding some relief. And I will be your Canadian sister any time!

I spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital with DD again and still no definitive answers. All it did was bring on more pain for both of us. I was so bad when I got home that I ate and went straight to bed....forgetting to make our border's lunch and coffee. I am getting tired of this pain taking over and no one doing anything about it!:mad:
Laurie,
don't be so hard on yourself. DD will be fine, I know she has had a hard time, but so have YOU.Your border won't starve and things will get done..Just slow down, take your time and take care of you...
You need answers and then some help..I'm hoping this happens soon.
kades

Thanks Expat, I needed that. I think I was having a pretty extravagant pitty party over my pain, my kids' pain, my mistakes, etc. It is just getting to be too much to bear. I am so glad I have my DC family.

Laurie,
don't be so hard on yourself. DD will be fine, I know she has had a hard time, but so have YOU.Your border won't starve and things will get done..Just slow down, take your time and take care of you...
You need answers and then some help..I'm hoping this happens soon.
kades

Thanks Kades,
You always know what to say. You are right, I just need answers for me and DD. Now that she is living back home I have such a hard time seeing her in such pain and then at the same time I have to deal with my own. I will PM you later.

I will survive, I know. I would just like to start seeing that light at the end of the tunnel.

I know I haven't been on here for too long and this really isn't so much a vent as a hurt. My beloved grandmother passed away last Monday and it hurts like the dickens. She was 99 years old and 7 months. She always said she was going to live to be 100. I know she was ready to go, everything was starting to shut down. She was my "cooking mentor". She and my mother shared a room in an assisted living facility. It's been really hard trying to grieve and try to help my mother through this, she has dementia, which is another story. I just miss her so much. I do have all her cookbooks and hand-written recipes that she passed to me which is a comfort to read through them. I'm just really hurting right now.

Barb

Anyone Need a Crusty Old Dog?

I got an old crusty dog that needs a home if he does not stop peeing everywhere!!!!

Seriously, I would not give him up for the world. But twice last night, he just stands and starts peeing, no warning. Then sometimes he walks as he pees..... DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!! The steam cleaner got a work out yesterday!

I am so tired of toys EVERYWHERE and trippping over them.
I am even more tired of chasing everyone around CONSTANTLY saying "PICK UP YOUR TOYS PLEASE!"

I got an old crusty dog that needs a home if he does not stop peeing everywhere!!!!

Seriously, I would not give him up for the world. But twice last night, he just stands and starts peeing, no warning. Then sometimes he walks as he pees..... DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!! The steam cleaner got a work out yesterday!

Sattie, I think what you need is a trip to the vet. I know they are costly but even phone them for advice. It could be age or an illness, but incontinance in dogs should not be taken litely. If I didn't have two of my own and wasn't so far away, I would definitely take him. Is he the one on your avatar? You should join our "fur babies" group.

I know I haven't been on here for too long and this really isn't so much a vent as a hurt. My beloved grandmother passed away last Monday and it hurts like the dickens. She was 99 years old and 7 months. She always said she was going to live to be 100. I know she was ready to go, everything was starting to shut down. She was my "cooking mentor". She and my mother shared a room in an assisted living facility. It's been really hard trying to grieve and try to help my mother through this, she has dementia, which is another story. I just miss her so much. I do have all her cookbooks and hand-written recipes that she passed to me which is a comfort to read through them. I'm just really hurting right now.

Barb

I'm sorry for your loss , homecook..
LadyCook

Call your vet, dog could have UTI or bladder infection.

Barb

Barb, this thread is for all kinds of "vents" - anger, frustration, and pain....whether it be physical, or emotional. My heart goes out to you for your loss. Allow yourself to hurt and grieve. Yes, you need to be there for your mother, but you mostly need to be there for yourself or you aren't good for anyone else. Take good care.

I am so tired of toys EVERYWHERE and trippping over them.
I am even more tired of chasing everyone around CONSTANTLY saying "PICK UP YOUR TOYS PLEASE!"

Suzie, maybe you should try the trick my Mom did to me and my sister when we were young and wouldn't keep our rooms clean. She would threaten to throw everything away but we wouldn't believe her. So one day we went into our rooms and anything that was lying about (toys, clothes, my sister's guitar...were gone). We couldn't believe she had thrown them out but we certainly learned our lesson. A few days later when our rooms were neat and tidy we came home to all our stuff neatly put away and it stayed that way (well most of the time).

I know your kids are young but while my sister was a teenager when this happened I was only 4 or 5.

Laurie's suggestion works, Suzie. I have done it myself several times throughout the years. I'm different in that I think the kids' rooms are theirs and as long as it's hygienic and would meet health codes, I leave their rooms alone. But the rest of the house is another story. All it takes for me is to get a plastic trash bag and start picking up toys, etc. from around the house and the rugrats get moving! And they are pretty good about picking up after themselves for a few months before I have to get the bag out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom